Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Not watching but looks like Singh is doing his job well, 25 faced and no runs off the bat
  • Finch out for 79 (188)

Hants require 143 to win off 9 overs but it is currently raining 
  • Handshake time I think 
  • 9 overs for us to take 10 wickets. Someone needs to remind Hampshire that it will be much better for them next season if both Lancs and Notts get relegated.
  • edited September 12
    fenaddick said:
    Not watching but looks like Singh is doing his job well, 25 faced and no runs off the bat
    Credit to Jas. He won't be kidding himself so far as why he's in the side but the fact that he's faced 86 balls in the match could be the difference between winning and drawing. His partnership with Garrett, in the first innings, who faced 88 balls himself in total was absolutely vital.
  • ANOTHER 5 fer for Vaughan. Hard to see Bashir doing any better.
    The England spinner is now third choice at Somerset given Vaughan can bat too. 
  • I'm not sure there will be anymore play today.

The covers are out and the stumps have been removed.
  • Surrey 9 down!
  • ANOTHER 5 fer for Vaughan. Hard to see Bashir doing any better.
    The England spinner is now third choice at Somerset given Vaughan can bat too. 
    He’ll be on the move for sure, wonder if he fancies living near Canterbury…
  • LenGlover said:
    I'm not sure there will be anymore play today.

The covers are out and the stumps have been removed.
    That said they've brought the stumps back.

Wait and see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Umpires are out.
  • edited September 12
    fenaddick said:
    Not watching but looks like Singh is doing his job well, 25 faced and no runs off the bat
    Credit to Jas. He won't be kidding himself so far as why he's in the side but the fact that he's faced 86 balls in the match could be the difference between winning and drawing. His partnership with Garrett, in the first innings, who faced 88 balls himself in total was absolutely vital.
    Mind you, those two innings do remind me of the final of the ECB T20 U13s when he and Seb opened the batting. Neither could hit the ball off the square!!!
  • Vince and Fuller opening the innings. 
  • LenGlover said:
    Umpires are out.
    LBW or bowled?
  • edited September 12
    YESSSS!!!!!!

Leach you bald beauty
    Bet Surrey wish they went for it now. Hants have got to get 34 more runs in 9 overs than Surrey did in 78 overs!!!
  • Hampshire 7-0 after the first over.

Garrett only bowling around 70 MPH.
  • Garrett bowls Vince and gives him a send off to boot!
  • Vince b Garrett 11 Hants 14-1
  • YESSSS!!!!!!

Leach you bald beauty
    Bet Surrey wish they went for it now. Hants have got to get 34 more runs in 9 overs than Surrey did in 78 overs!!!
    Still that money they paid for Shakib Al Hasan was a good investment 
  • Sponsored links:

• The Umpires, much to the annoyance of Hants, have called stumps due to the light. Match drawn!
  • Off for bad light after 2.4 overs (9 in theory possible). 

24-1
  • Commentators are saying that the Umpires didn't take a light reading when they clearly did at the start of the over.Or
  • Obviously the first two innings of that were dire but some good spirit showed to draw the game. If only our batters could do that twice a match and our bowlers could take some wickets 
  • Why are county championship games so rarely on weekends? ECB decision? Seems counterproductive attendance wise
  • edited September 14
    Lewis Gregory takes two in two balls in the Blast Semi against Surrey to bring Burns to join Sibley at the crease. There's something I never thought I would see. And that's not the two wickets in two balls. 
  • It's just a shame that they haven't batted more together because they might have developed the sort of understanding that would have prevented Sibley running Burns out
  • You can take Sean Dickson out of Kent but you can't take his desire to beat Surrey away from him 
  • This all couldn't be happening to a nicer club