Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Cook goes to NZ? Ideal place to debut him. 
    I don't think England think like that nowadays. It's all about the Ashes, and Cook fails the Charlton Life England height test.
  • what a waste of absolute space Joe denly is 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Cook goes to NZ? Ideal place to debut him. 
    I don't think England think like that nowadays. It's all about the Ashes, and Cook fails the Charlton Life England height test.

Seems like if you aren't at least 6ft 4 and bowling around the 90mph mark there's no interest 
  • Leaning gone, 96/5
  • Maybe it'll rain from now til Friday night?
  • If we go down this game, we surely have to be looking at playing Dawkins and a few others which we have our eye on for next year? Absolutely no point playing half these players. 
  • 225 all out. So close to tea and avoiding the follow on.
  • So bowled out in about 1 1/2 sessions, after Notts batted all day yesterday losing six wickets. Really not sure if I want any of this lot playing for Kent next year, although I'm sure the commitee can find even worse for next summer!!
  • Follow on enforced
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Follow on enforced
    No! Really, well, that is a surprise.

I hope they all have to stay behind after play and do detention!
  • I see Ryan Patel scored a ton for Surrey today. Wasn't he someone we were linked with a couple of years ago?
  • 58-0. May surprise us, but I will not hold my breath
  • killerandflash said:
    I see Ryan Patel scored a ton for Surrey today. Wasn't he someone we were linked with a couple of years ago?
    He was close. Got told the situation changed with England call ups and him hitting form in the seconds I think, which meant he got kept around. 
  • ross1 said:
    58-0. May surprise us, but I will not hold my breath
    The Kiss of Death, you'll have to answer some serious questions about this optimism of yours!
  • Ben Dawkins hit 137 off 102 and Ekansh scored 39 off 23 for England U19s against the Scotland Academy today
  • YET again we start the second innings better than the first. And we don't even have the excuse of batting on the first morning, or tricky conditions.
  • 85-0 at close and 123 behind
  • We will be relegated 

And never return to Div 1 unless there is a huge change in how Kent CCC are run 

Personally, I’m in Dartford (born and bred, never left this area) - Canterbury is a pig to get to from here (by train - I like to have some beers watching cricket)

Kent should relocate to either Medway or Maidstone so they are in the centre of a very large county 

It won’t happen of course - but put our county side in the middle of the county you will get crowds = money 
  • Outside of Kent but my head would be on mars if this call went against us 

https://x.com/somersetccc/status/1836444241792303359?s=46&t=MojDVxh_AjG5taAWPQn6Tw
  • Sponsored links:

• We will be relegated 

Personally, I’m in Dartford (born and bred, never left this area) - Canterbury is a pig to get to from here (by train - I like to have some beers watching cricket)

Kent should relocate to either Medway or Maidstone so they are in the centre of a very large county 

It won’t happen of course - but put our county side in the middle of the county you will get crowds = money 
    I have been having this conversation with my Kent supporters for years. 
    Whoever was responsible for taking Kent away from the South London and Medway area where 90% of it's fanbase comes from and deciding Canterbury was a better option is ultimately responsible for what Kent have become. 
    Most of my Kent supporting mate's have been to the Oval far more times than Canterbury. 
    Back in the 70s when Kent had players like 
    Underwood 
    Knott 
    Shepherd 
    Dilley
    Denness 
    And all the rest they used to beat Surrey on a regular basis and were a top side. 

They missed the opportunity to build on this success by moving to Canterbury and cutting off their main group of supporters. 
    I come on here not to take the piss as most of my cricketing friends are Kent supporters. 

But I cannot see a real upturn in kent's future unless they leave Canterbury and return to where their fanbase comes from.
  • Most other counties have it easy where their ground is, as there's one dominant town or city where the main sports teams are. Kent has never really had such a place, hence the cricket team used to play at far more grounds than other counties.

Surrey have always been a London end of Surrey club. If 150 years ago Kent had built a major cricket ground on Blackheath, then maybe history would be very different.
  • edited September 19
    We will be relegated 

I have been having this conversation with my Kent supporters for years. 
    Whoever was responsible for taking Kent away from the South London and Medway area where 90% of it's fanbase comes from and deciding Canterbury was a better option is ultimately responsible for what Kent have become. 
    Most of my Kent supporting mate's have been to the Oval far more times than Canterbury. 
    Back in the 70s when Kent had players like 
    Underwood 
    Knott 
    Shepherd 
    Dilley
    Denness 
    And all the rest they used to beat Surrey on a regular basis and were a top side. 

They missed the opportunity to build on this success by moving to Canterbury and cutting off their main group of supporters. 
    I come on here not to take the piss as most of my cricketing friends are Kent supporters. 

But I cannot see a real upturn in kent's future unless they leave Canterbury and return to where their fanbase comes from.
    Kent used to beat Surrey when they played the games at the Rectory Field, Blackheath.

Underwood was unplayable on the final day. The pitch was condemned by the pitch inspector and no more matches could be played there.

The facilities for supporters at Beckenham are nowhere need good enough.
  • There is absolutely no consistency with any of these players we have is there, leaning either goes big or gets absolutely nothing. 
  • 91-0 to 133-4 
  • The Kent players are keen to watch the ODI at 12:30.
  • DBD out now 134-5. Another humiliating innings defeat looming. Still 74 runs behind.
  • Now Finch is gone! Goes from bad to worse. May be all over by lunchtime.
  • At 85-0 overnight, I hoped we'd kick on in the same vein today ....

Oh me of too much faith.

Sadly, capitulation is never far away.
  • There is absolutely no consistency with any of these players we have is there, leaning either goes big or gets absolutely nothing. 
    He's not unique sadly and is top of our averages (not including the once out Jaydn) this season with 35.77. In fact, Compton, Crawley, Denly, Evison, Muyeye, DBD and Muyeye are all between 32.03 and 35.77