Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• I assume the Somerset fans will be chanting "can we play you every week".
  • DBD is on TMS for their coverage of the finals day. 
  • Ben Dawkins scored 106 off 86 balls today in England U19s win by 8 wickets over Scotland
  • Our last home game of the season. Stobo has gone home and is replaced by the fit again Jordan. Gilchrist and Jaydn are the other two to be added to the side that drew against Hants

May be an image of 1 person and text that says MATCHSQUAD SQUAD KEH CRICKET  DANIEL BELL-DRUMMOND BELL C BEN COMPTON JAYDN DENLY JOE DENLY JOEY EVISON HARRY FINCH GEORGE GARRETT NATHAN GILCHRIST AKEEM JORDAN JACK LEANING TAWANDA MUYEYE MATT PARKINSON JAS SINGH BLACK CK AL
  • Ekansh scored 35 off 49 balls for England U19s today against Ireland, batting at 7 and came on first change. To me, he's always been a batsman that can bowl rather than an all rounder and he went for 27 off his two overs. England won by 108 runs. Ben Dawkins wasn't playing today.  
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Kent 460 with Ollie Robinson dropping 7 chances to make sure we get a good total
    Durham 190

Notts and Lancs both relegated
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Kent 460 with Ollie Robinson dropping 7 chances to make sure we get a good total
    Durham 190

Liking the cut of your jib, killerandflash.

Are you volunteering to call Ollie with the plan ? 
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Durham 190

I won't bother until after we beat Notts. Or score 504  :D
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Durham 190

I won't bother until after we beat Notts. Or score 504  :D
    Ahhhh. I thought you were talking about this season!!
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Durham 190

You haven't factored in the fact that Emilio Gay, who has signed for Durham next season, has been allowed to play, on loan, for Durham for the final two games of this season. I'm not sure whether this is worse than Shakib Al Hasan signing for Surrey for one game but there really should be a cut off preventing counties signing players for the final three  games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Durham 190

You haven't factored in the fact that Emilio Gay, who has signed for Durham next season, has been allowed to play, on loan, for Durham for the final two games of this season. I'm not sure whether this is worse than Shakib Al Hasan signing for Surrey for one game but there really should be a cut off preventing counties signing players for the final three  games.
    He's a replacement for Borthwick who's injured. Durham have really turned it around, and are now signing players from other counties, rather than losing them. Probably helps to have the England captain there.

I've often thought that the whole county "transfer" system needs reforming. Both to reward counties for producing players, but also to formalise when players move, and when counties can sign players.
    These counties don't have a clue what it's like to have half their squad injured at the same time ! 

Although that's unlikely to have been Surrey's excuse.....
  • Oh god. Oh dear
  • Not the best of starts from Akeem Jordan. 
  • Notts are 57-0 after the first powerplay
  • 3 overs for 36, take a blow Akeem!
  • Surrey look like they've fucked it. 6 fast bowlers, Lawrence the spinner, Durham batting first and going well
  • Pedro45 said:
    3 overs for 36, take a blow Akeem!
    Hundred up, including12 no balls, but finally a maiden from Akeem! 5 overs for 43...
  • Another fine bowling performance from our boys.
  • Good job we won the toss and elected to bowl

121-0 (26)
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Surrey look like they've fucked it. 6 fast bowlers, Lawrence the spinner, Durham batting first and going well
    Not quite so well now at 79-3. Good start by Emilio Gay - out for a 12 ball duck!
  • This is utterly depressing, just get us relegated already 
  • 134-0 (28) at lunch
  • I can just imagine the Lancashire players, struggling at 107-4, and hoping we're giving Notts a good game...
  • Gloucestershire 68-6. I imagine they've been celebrating on the cider for the last 2 days  :D
  • 155-0. This is Kent side for the ages. Truly memorable that there is not a single aspect of cricket we are even vaguely competent in.
  • With the score on 186-0 off 40 overs and on the basis that if we "do what we've always done, we'll get what we've always got", isn't it time to give Parkinson an over or two? 
  • Kent 504-6 declared
    Notts 189 and 156

Then a week later
    Durham 205
    Durham 190

If we bowl them out for 189, it'll be one hell of a collapse now.
  • Evison bowls Hameed. 

201-1