Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited February 25
    Rohit learnt his lesson and put Ashwin on  straight away with the new ball. 19/2 and both Duckett and Pope back in the pavilion with Pope getting a 1st ball duck for a pair.
  • Options
    Crawley has worked out that Ashwin's causing havoc with away swing rather than spin and is now playing him like a club medium pacer 
  • Options
    Bazball may have its flaws, but I've rarely seen pressure flipped on its head in about two overs like this. Crawley is a hell of an asset
  • Options
    54/2 for the pessimists
    100/2 for the optimists !
  • Options
    Although its a lead on 1st innings, 46 seems 50 runs lite based on where we were during the evening session yesterday. 

I think we need to get 250+, so that the lead is over 300 to give us a chance of winning.
  • Options
    Urgghhh that bloody review 
  • Options
    edited February 25
    Root LBW B Ashwin 11

65-3  (111/3)

Shame as Joe and Zak were going along nicely.

Ashwin was always going to be the danger if Bashir could get 5 wickets.

Ashwin 3/38 in 10 overs
  • Options
    edited February 25
    Crawley reaches 50
    97/3 (143/3)
  • Options
    Crawley B Kuldeep 60

110/4 (156/4)
  • Options
    Need something special from Stokes again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really do not think that timer started on time. Sharma had about half an hour to review it!

• Options

Ben has just used 1 life up !
  • Options
    Very difficult when you're used to playing balls on length not to go back to one that is short and on the stumps on a track where the ball is shooting. Then you end up going forward and one pops instead of keeping low!
  • Options

Ben has just used 1 life up !
  • Options
    My word that is a leave!
  • Options
    Well that was coming
  • Options
    That’s one of the worst innings I’ve ever seen from Stokes. Nearly out every ball 
  • Options
    Didn’t last long
  • Options
    edited February 25
    Stokes b Kuldeep 4

120/5 (166/4)

The captain never looked comfortable and Indian spinners are showing their class.
  • Options
    Stokes has had a few shooters in this Series but that dismissal was an achievement in itself - misses the ball, it hits the back pad, ricochets off the front pad and onto the stumps.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's happened to Bazball ?  What's happened to Stokes striding down the wicket & slogging it for 6  ?  Seems we're back to the usual push & prod and out within a few balls. 

Lead of 200 wont be enough. 
  • Options
    What's happened to Bazball ?  What's happened to Stokes striding down the wicket & slogging it for 6  ?  Seems we're back to the usual push & prod and out within a few balls. 

Lead of 200 wont be enough. 
    The likes of Crawley and Duckett do tee off from the start but most of Stokes match winning innings have taken place once he's got himself in. 
  • Options
    Anything will be tough to chase in this game.

An intriguing finish ahead. Probably needs an airhead like Bairstow at the crease. Somebody who won't be emotionally affected by their wicket being the outcome of the series (pretty much now).
  • Options
    edited February 25
    India have won both sessions today and England needed the 100 lead as 46 never seemed enough against the Indian spin maestro Ashwin( 500+ wickets) and the wrist spin of Kuldeep.
  • Options
    Well that was pathetic! First ball after tee - a check drive from Bairstow straight into the hands of cover!
  • Options
    Right. So what is minimum we need here to be competitive? 
  • Options
    "what we need is an airhead" 
  • Options
    edited February 25
    Leuth said:
    "what we need is an airhead" 
    He's completely rewritten the definition of the word, again!

You don't fancy C-bombing yet @Leuth?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Right. So what is minimum we need here to be competitive? 
    We need to score 200 this innings to have a chance of winning. 
    I reckon we will fall well short of that unfortunately 
  • Options
    edited February 25
    I like listening to Finn and Cook but can't they go back quicker to the live action when the batsmen are walking to the wicket?

I thought for a second that was from an earlier innings !