Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    It's Hartley which begs the question why the bloke who picked up 5 wickets in the first innings didn't open instead of Root who bowled one over.  
  • Options
    Pitch has gone back to being docile from the spitting, turning one from an hour ago. 
  • Options
    Pitch has gone back to being docile from the spitting, turning one from an hour ago. 
    We are bowling too many four balls. Leg stump half volleys and full tosses are no good to man nor beast, 
  • Options
    Jurel B Hartley 90

307 all out

India trail just by 46 runs and the game is in the balance.

The India spinners could cause havoc after seeing the inexperienced Bashir and Hartley take 8 wickets.

Ok, Mr clever bollocks 😔
  • Options
    We are bowling too many four balls. Leg stump half volleys and full tosses are no good to man nor beast, 
    Floaty ones too!!!
  • Options
    Bad move to start with Hartley. He can't cope with the new ball, hardly any deliveries have been on a length 
  • Options
    Shoaib comes on and is on the money from the off. Poor decision not to allow him to open. 
  • Options
    Stokes hasn't captained or batted well in this Test. After all the big chat about DRS and him being ahead of recovery to bowl. Focus on the basics.
  • Options
    Should have opened with Anderson. One thing you do know you'll get with him is economy. Would have stopped them getting off to a flier & hitting bad balls for 4.

All done now. Least the decision has been made for me & wont need to get up at 4am.....or even at 6.30 !
  • Options
    40-0 off 8 at stumps. India require 152 to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful day for England. It'll be amazing if the series isn't over by breakfast tomorrow 
  • Options
    40/0 
    Indian won all 3 sessions and yet again are on their way to a home series victory.

I don't think i have a 4th straight 3.55am early start in me 💤😴

We  needed 275 to give us some wriggle room as at least two of their batsmen will get big scores even on this cracking pitch.
  • Options
    We do love swinging across the line at a straight ball heading for middle stump.
    Pathetic effort.
  • Options
    Life for Foakes !
    Harsh
  • Options
    Brendan McCallum……I have just watched about every hour of coverage of almost 5 test matches.
    He sits there, front row of the players box expressionless and looking totally bored, I can’t even recollect him having spoken to anyone let alone smile……..at least on camera.
    Is there a rift between him and the team I wonder?
  • Options
    Anderson and Shoaib open the bowling. 
  • Options
    Well the wicket is playing better in the first few overs of the 4th day than it did on the first couple of hours of the match. Nothing has misbehaved and Anderson has just been pumped over the long on boundary for a maximum by Sharma charging him. 
  • Options
    66-0 off 14

Hartley replaces Anderson
  • Options
    Jaiswal comes down the track to Hartley, tries to work it through midwicket, is rapped on the pads and is given "not out". We review and Jaiswal is deemed to have hit it anyway. Down to two reviews. 
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Big wicket. Hopefully not too late.

84-1

Jaiswal 37 (44) c Anderson b Root
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Root comes on, Jaiswal throws his hands at the ball and is caught at back point by a diving Jimmy Anderson for 37 (44)

84-1 
  • Options
    50* (69) for Sharma 
  • Options
    Jaiswal's average now dips below the 100 mark in the Series as a result of that dismissal with 655 runs at 93.57. To put that in perspective, Jaiswal has more runs than the next two top scorers in the Series combined - the two England openers namely  Crawley with 328 runs at 41.00 and Duckett with 314 runs at 39.25

The one interesting fact for me is that the top six scorers are made up of the respective top threes in each of the side. Given that it should, in theory, be easier to bat after the new ball has gone soft, that certainly isn't the norm. And that has definitely now been the case for England over the course of the last few years. 
  • Options
    Hartley has Sharma stumped for 55 (81)

99-2
  • Options
    Rohit stumped! Huge wicket

99-2

Rohit 55 (81) st Foakes b Hartley
  • Options
    Hartley and Shoaib have bowled very well in tandem - 16 runs off the last 9 overs. Still 93 required and a quick "bang, bang" and with 93 runs still needed, the game looks a different one. 
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Turns out Sharma may have feather edged that on his way down the wicket. How does that work for official scorecard purposes? It will remaining a stumping I would imagine?
  • Options
    Hartley/Foakes actually had Sharma out twice - he knicked it too so is actually deemed caught behind. 
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Session so far today:

First 8 overs: 42-0

Next 10 overs: 17-2

With Patidar gone it’s 18-3 after 10.2 overs
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Patidar gone for a duck! Inside edge onto pad and Pope snaffles it.

100-3

Patidar 0 (6) c Pope b Bashir