Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Anderson mishits a slog and is caught at midwicket. 100-1 to 175-3 to 218 all out. 
  • Options
    All out.

Just like Charlton under Appleton. Dreadful.

• Options
    Charlton improve, England get worse. Can never have both can we?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What's the score of the series in terms of "Toss" wins? 
    3-2 to us 
    and no bunsen's for our media/fans to complain about either. Outdone in quality and application I'd say.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    What's the score of the series in terms of "Toss" wins? 
    3-2 to us 
    and no bunsen's for our media/fans to complain about either. Outdone in quality and application I'd say.
    Plus India haven't had one of their best batsmen of all time (Kohli) or KL Rahul and Pant. Bazball is all about intimidating the opposition by scoring quickly and being there for a good time and not a long time. On good tracks that can work very well but on difficult ones it hasn't. Ignoring the Ireland "Test" and assuming we lose this one, we will have won 4 of our last 12 Tests.

Our record under McCullum and the positivity he has brought has been fantastic but I can't help wondering if the decision to bat the way we do is because most of our players struggle to bat any other way. Overall, under McCullum, our record will be 15-10 in our favour which, given the fact we lost all of our previous four series, is a massive improvement. But the notion that we will lose "one or two" playing the way we do now but win a lot more hasn't happened because we have failed to adapt with the bat a lot of the time.
  • Options
    Painful day for England. It looks so easy out there at the moment.
  • Options
    That's a shock. Jaiswal getting himself out with an Ollie Pope style brainfart
  • Options
    135-1 off 30 overs at close. India are just 83 runs behind. When we were 100-1 we were 2.8 to win on Betfair. We are 19.5 now and that is rather indicative of how we were in command for 99% of the first session but absolutely mullered in sessions two and three. 
  • Options
    OK credit to some good bowling from India but some very very poor application and decision making from our batting. Brook is a certainty to come back in ..I'd say goodbye to yjb and blood a new batter/keeper in the summer. Test match averages of mid 30s ( Bairstow and Pope aren't good enough) .

I am losing patience quickly with Ollie Pope 
  • Options
    I see India are going at 4.5 runs per over. Almost "bazball" territory without losing a shed load of wickets.

All over inside 3 days I reckon  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I woke up with a score of 115 for 2, took the dogs out, had some breakfast, and thought I would watch us progress to the 300-plus mark. So, 4-1 isn't a surprise after all.
  • Options
    Proper bucket list cricket venue.  Somewhat envious of you guys out there.
  • Options
    I was really tempted by this game. The venue looks amazing, but the cost (including the visa) for one game was off-putting, and back in the autumn I had worried about England at the end of the series being worn down and losing badly...
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Stokes 😂
    First ball wicket
  • Options
    Brilliant from Stokes. Will make the team so much more balanced in the summer if he can bowl regularly. Seed from Anderson too! 300 all out, we get 450. Win by 100 runs. Easy innit? 
  • Options
    Stokes 😂
    First ball wicket
    It does beg the obvious question. The answer is probably that he's been advised not to but at lunch he told all and sundry that he has to for the sake of the team. And also why Root hasn't bowled a single ball. Is he injured because he's the bloke that opened the bowling in the last Test!
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Anderson with reverse swing hits the stumps.
    279-3 and England get both century makers out.
    England ask for the towel back that they had thrown in !
  • Options
    Two new batsmen in too. We had a massive collapse and it would take one of that proportion to get us anywhere near back in the game. 
  • Options
    23 year old Padikkal is making his Test debut. He's been struggling recently - 1,301 in his last 16 innings including 105 against the Lions and no less than 6 tons at an average of 92.93
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely little snapshot of Ben Stokes:

He drops a sharp low caught and bowled and hits the ground in frustration; siren goes off and Ben now on feet looks to the heavens and gives thanks for the no ball.
  • Options
    Lovely little snapshot of Ben Stokes:

He drops a sharp low caught and bowled and hits the ground in frustration; siren goes off and Ben now on feet looks to the heavens and gives thanks for the no ball.
    He should, actually, be annoyed with himself twice. It wouldn't have been the first occasion that he's "lost" a wicket because of that insistence on pushing that front foot to the limit.
  • Options
    The Pudgy Destroyer is getting going...
  • Options
    edited March 8
    50 in 55 balls by the rotund rocket Sarfaraz.
    Normal service is resumed: Sarfaraz and Padikkal are showing England they have a mountain to climb not to lose by an innings.

376-3 at Tea.

India lead 158 with 7 wickets still to fall !

Character building for England now 🥺
  • Options
    If only we could have a lunch/tea break after every over! Sarfraz caught Root bowled Bashir 56 (60)

376-4. We're through them now!
  • Options
    Good boy Bashir and his character is building with a wicket 1st ball after tea.
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Padikkal hits a 6 to bring up his 50 on test debut.
    First time the first 5 Indian batsmen has all hit 50+ in tests.
  • Options
    edited March 8
    23 year old Padikkal is making his Test debut. He's been struggling recently - 1,301 in his last 16 innings including 105 against the Lions and no less than 6 tons at an average of 92.93
    And adds another 50. Who would bet against him getting a ton on his debut? For the record (and the stagger won't fully unwind until India finish their innings), in this Series:

England - 3 hundreds plus 6 fifties
    India - 7 hundreds plus 12 fifties

• Options
    400-4 and this is the first time that India's top 5 have all got to 50 against England
  • Options
    Bashir bowls Padikkal with a goodun for 65 (103)

403-5