Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Tyreeq Bakinson joins on loan for rest of season.++

Comments

• Options
    My Wednesday supporting mate...

"Never seen him actually DO anything. Good engine on him though."
  • Options
    Right signing of intent never heard of him. Should convince Dobson to leave and probably mcgrandles look like a world beater. 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I don't see how we can moan about someone who's dominated us more than once in the recent past 
    Can’t say he’s made that impression on me, I can’t even remember him. And even so not hard to dominate against some of the crap we’ve had in midfield the last three or four seasons. Proof of the pudding and all that.
  • Options
    edited January 5
    Wonder if he was on Holden's radar in the summer having been at Bristol City when he was.

Of the three goals he scored in L1, two were against us btw, including his first for Sheff Wed, which clearly escaped the notice of one of their so called supporters quoted above.

I'm sure all wish him well and hope he settles quickly. He'll need to, although I won't be making my mind up after his first 45 mins as I do believe it takes players time to bed in, but as of now, he's representing Charlton and I hope he excels.

• Options
    Ego of Ronaldo ability of Ronald McDonald.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 5
    Hal1x said:
    barstool said:
    reminds me of Jordan Cousins from his size and description of his attributes 
    Jordan Cousins is 5ft 8, Bakinson 6ft 3, are you thinking of someone else?
    I think he was 5ft 10, but yes shorter than I remembered 
  • Options
    edited January 5
    There is no way this guy has signed to start! 

“Lots of energy” you’ll tend to have that when running around without getting involved much!!

He’s the midfield version of Terrel Thomas but Terrel has better ball mastery! Dobson, Watson, Campbell, McGrandles & Fraser all produce more with the ball. Dobson, Anderson & McGrandles all disrupt the game better without it. 

I’m a glass half full most of the time but I’m struggling to find a positive angle…other than he’s signed as Dobbo’s number 2.
  • Options
    Not going to criticise his signing, we've gone overboard and paid money before and the player has either been injury prone or shit. Welcome to Charlton Tyreeq, your new team mates are the little fuckers who can't score or defend from corners or free kicks. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    barstool said:
    reminds me of Jordan Cousins from his size and description of his attributes 
    Jordan Cousins is 5ft 8, Bakinson 6ft 3, are you not thinking of someone else?
    JC is 5ft 10"
  • Options
     That is a top notch singing never heard of him

How many injuries does  he have.
  • Options
    Without knowing anything about him, my starting assumption is we’ve signed a younger Darren Pratley 

Exactly what we need 
  • Options
    Looks like one of those 'bodies in the building' type of signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    My always grumpy Wednesday mate

Me : " What's Barkinson like"
    Him : "Shit "

Concise at least!

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Wonder if he was on Holden's radar in the summer having been at Bristol City when he was.

Of the three goals he scored in L1, two were against us btw, including his first for Sheff Wed, which clearly escaped the notice of one of their so called supporters quoted above.

I'm sure all wish him well and hope he settles quickly. He'll need to, although I won't be making my mind up after his first 45 mins as I do believe it takes players time to bed in, but as of now, he's representing Charlton and I hope he excels.

To be fair, scoring against us, doesn't really make him quality. Let's face it, it's harder to score at a massage parlour. 

If he's replacing Fraser, he could bump into someone and have more impact. 
  • Options
    In their promotion season last year, from Boxing Day he started just 3 of their 26 league and play off games, came on as a 2nd half sub in 9 games, unused sub in 10 games and didn’t make the squad in 4 (inc. play off final)
    Making a dent in the window, 10th time lucky 
  • Options
    Without knowing anything about him, my starting assumption is we’ve signed a younger Darren Pratley 
    The real Darren Pratley would be better than the current lightweights we have
  • Options
    Nobody has a nice word to say about him.
  • Options
    He may have lots of energy, but I’m expecting a fair bit of rust too. He hasn’t played 90 mins since the opening game of the season, and he hasn’t played more than 24 mins since 3rd Oct
    And we were told we’d be making permanent signings who’d been playing regularly. This is the polar opposite.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Nobody has a nice word to say about him.
    As always, let’s see what he does in a Charlton shirt…I can probably give you the answer now….but he deserves a chance at least.
  • Options
    Never heard of him.
    Never knowingly seen him play.
    When he pulls on his Charlton shirt I'll make my mind up then.