Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Port Vale Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 6th January 2024

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Leuth said:
    Jones 8 (after a hilariously bad foul + yellow and being outfought for a goal) vs Hector 3 (not remotely to blame for any goal) in Player Marks already. Great 

Our problem was the midfield again, though. Those new signings had best be up to speed 
    100% agree! Midfield is so light 
    that's why two decent midfield loans have come in .. recent midfield signings (you know who they are) have been absolutely not fit for purpose
  • Options
    It’s all just so predictable!!! Did anyone honestly think we would hold out to get the 3 points ?? Seriously anyone ?? 

I gave up on Appleton 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed my mind the bloke has a track record of mediocre at best and we are expecting him to make us anything other than mediocre?? You wait his post match interview will be all about how good PV are. Knobhead !!!
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Just heard in the studio...the last time we won at Port Vale was 1998 when Curbs was manager,...we were close today, but usual stuff  'fraid...
  • Options
    Well that's another cup of tea I've thrown out the window, turned off phone on the 90, made a nice cuppa, 6 minutes later switch on the phone and completely lose my sh*t and start raging like I had tourettes. 

I'm almost laughing at this because we are a joke of a club and if Harris is sensible I'd steer well away from this toxic club.

Apples is a joke and quite frankly enough is enough, get rid and bring in anybody who has a pulse, a backbone and actually looks like they give damn. 

Can't wait for the Cast meeting on Wednesday and see what garbage we will be fed. 

I so wanted a point today to stop the rot but these bastards give you the hope of a surprise win and take it away again and again and again. 

Someone is to blame and that lies 110% with Scotty and Crappleton.

• Options
    Just heard in the studio...the last time we won at Port Vale was 1998 when Curbs was manager,...
    We've only played there four times since then
  • Options
    Average age of our children was c.24 that explains lots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all agree Charlton athletic are magic 
  • Options
    So regards my mate watching it, he said they had a few shots but not a lot that really troubled us and we looked more threatening than they did in attack. 

He said our keeper looked very good on the reactionary shots, but was shocked by how bad AMB was for the third. He asked if AMB didn't see the shot because of his stupid mask.

It's pretty mental that they had 29 shots to score 3 goals. 

Which I guess his latter point from the first paragraph is enforced by our attacking 3 all scoring whilst we only had 7 shots to score 3.

I was pleased with all of our front three.
  • Options
    Yes we conceded yet again, an infuriating late goal, but it wasn't as if we were in control for the previous 90 minutes.

Throughout the game we conceded a ridiculous number of shots and crosses, and when you do that, you'll concede lots of goals. 

A 3-2 win would have been lovely, but a massive smash and grab.
  • Options
    Looking at past few seasons, we're going to need at least another 15 points to stay up... Feels a real possibility that we'll struggle to get them with such a mentally weak team
  • Options
    Another game where I think defensively what are we even doing during the week? 

Looks like none of the players, both the midfield and the defense, have a clue where they need to be and what they need to do. That's down to coaching. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Im a big jones fan, but he was shit today, Hector wasnt much better though

Agree with this.. also really Rate Jones but thought he had a poor game.. the squad as a whole was poor. 

Edun had a fairly decent game and better showing from TC… 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    It's just so boring. The whole game was predictable. Just like the season tbh. A summer window that's not good enough followed by an injury crisis and needing an amazing January to stand any chance of being in it? Every flipping season. 

Positives - TC had a good game. No-End-Product scores again. Kanu deserved his goal. 

Negatives - Everything else. The spine of this team is liquified jelly, only fit to be spoon fed to a toothless baby. 

The fans deserve an apology from the person who put this squad together IMO. 

Thought Ikpeazu was great for Vale. Has played for some good clubs. 

Jones should come out for their 3rd and Watson should react faster. But the latter at least hasn't played 90 mins in an age. 

Season well and truly over, again. 

Boring, boring, boring. 
    I nearly had a heart attack watching that. God knows what'll happen when it's an exciting match!
  • Options
    Personally think the youngsters did alright for the most part. 

Anderson maybe the exception. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    It's just so boring. The whole game was predictable. Just like the season tbh. A summer window that's not good enough followed by an injury crisis and needing an amazing January to stand any chance of being in it? Every flipping season. 

Positives - TC had a good game. No-End-Product scores again. Kanu deserved his goal. 

Negatives - Everything else. The spine of this team is liquified jelly, only fit to be spoon fed to a toothless baby. 

The fans deserve an apology from the person who put this squad together IMO. 

Thought Ikpeazu was great for Vale. Has played for some good clubs. 

Jones should come out for their 3rd and Watson should react faster. But the latter at least hasn't played 90 mins in an age. 

Season well and truly over, again. 

Boring, boring, boring. 

Sadly it's not over. If we continue this form we will finish in the bottom four. 
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Didn’t expect anything other than a point at best (suspect 99% similar) so not gonna kick off when that’s what we get.

But the soft underbelly and late conceding has become a running joke. I don’t get why those loans were agreed so late to not be available and I don’t get why we haven’t tried anything different to try and arrest this embarrassing inability to not concede late goals. 
    As I understand it, they were agreed in time (at least prior to 12pm Friday) but could be BS.
  • Options
    Didn’t expect anything other than a point at best (suspect 99% similar) so not gonna kick off when that’s what we get.

But the soft underbelly and late conceding has become a running joke. I don’t get why those loans were agreed so late to not be available and I don’t get why we haven’t tried anything different to try and arrest this embarrassing inability to not concede late goals. 
    We're too weak/lightweight in midfield and switch off at crucial times. Hopefully the likes of Bakinson will help with that, if it's true he's Pratley-esque.
  • Options
    3 - 3 was quiet entertaining to watch to be honest.

But low and behold, same overall squad, same
    manager, same issues - though today they seemed to be hyper in view.

The manager is not going to change in the short term so the only hope is that the players we being in this January are real quality. 
    Manager not going to change in short term and that is so f'ing sad. He never seems to be able to, or even think about a strategy to see a game out....or kill it off. He is a total DUFFER. (polite word, as I've only had 3 pints)
  • Options
    Did not follow the game in any way. Just looked at the result and the BBC stats. They are horrible were we really that bad, looking at those the midfield must have gone walk about and the defenders just not there.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

This Charlton team is going to be the bloody death of me. Leading three times in the game and yet still fail to seal the win. Teams just know that we crumble under pressure and always know that they are in with a chance of scoring if they throw some crosses in.

Credit to AMB for some outstanding saves but he should have done better for their second goal. The defending for their third goal was criminal, lacking any kind of intensity. The guy had loads of time just to stroke it in from distance. Bringing on Thomas for Edun, who had played well, was a mistake. He offers height but he is as shaky as hell defensively.

A few positives: Louie Watson showed Appleton and everyone else that he is worthy of starting place in this team, and Tyreece Campbell had his best game for quite a while. Daniel Kanu didn’t play well overall but took his goal very well.

Just have to hope the announced and potential reinforcements add some much needed quality, physical and mental robustness.

It's Appleton we want get rid of
  • Options
    Hope those quality additons start arriving...