Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Port Vale Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 6th January 2024

Comments

• Options
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry after watching that... Resilience? Not a word I'm thinking of Michael.... More like no bottle is my thought.

Please go and take your team with you. 

• Options
    I would say unbelievable, but it’s far too believable.
    I think the phrase "Michael Appleton reacts" is the unbelievable part. He never does.

• Options
    Watched the first 65mins but have had a crap few days and couldn't deal with the shitness of it all so had to switch it off.
    Their big lump upfront is one of the most limited footballers I have seen but utterly bullied our softies at the back.
    Port Vale were dreadful but still outplayed us for large parts.
    That's so weird. I switched on at 65 to watch us promptly let in an equaliser. Got a bit happier when Campbell scored, having moaned about him, then the predictable wet fart is released. 
  • Options
    On the train back. Never thought injury time goals would stop hurting. But here we are.
  • Options
    Manager full of stupid excuses and Bullshit.
    we are a crap team and we need professional Help and investment and guidance!!
  • Options
    Charlton & Brighton fans on the train back to London isn’t a bad combination!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    geezer lives in a parallel universe where all is peaches and cream
    Tbf, what's he supposed to say, we were good at times and shite at other times...
    I guess that's the actual truth. Players are a silk purse and sows ear all in one game, every week. 
  • Options
    Port Vale fans moaning about the same things as us when you check #pvfc on twitter. Funny old game…
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Started playing that video but I really find the bloke difficult to listen to, don’t know why it is.
    Boring monotone voice. No passion about him at all. Beige has been used before but I think Spitting Image got it right with John Major. Grey & Dull. 
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Didn't watch the game but pleased that Daniel Kanu scored a goal.
    I Watched the last 3 losses on Charlton TV and had my therapy session this afternoon.
    No surprise that 3 times we couldn't hold on to a lead; It's mandatory!

I'm so confused with the players scores?
    Did you all watch the same match ?
  • Options
    I think maybe both Jones and Hector aren't good enough. To be honest they seem a similar level to TT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RobRob
    edited January 6
    I thought we played a lot better today especially going forward. Louie Watson makes a big difference. 
    We are frail at the back, probably not helped by AMB but he is a very good shot stopper so it’s a trade off. 
    The transfer news is sounding positive so I’m giving Apples the benefit of the doubt. For now. 
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    If you have pride in a squad that is 7 points from the relegation zone, won one in ten and conceded an injury time goal for the billionth game on the bounce then you’re not fit for post.

There was nothing proud about watching Port Vale play us off the park for 70% of the game.
    That is only because Reading had a points deduction. 
  • Options
    It's good that we got three, but infuriating that we let the lead slip three times. That's without the knowledge that without some brilliant keeping from AMB the scoreline would have looked a lot worse. We looked weak at the back for much of the game, but when Thomas was brought on it was like a Pavlovian signal for our defence to play with the solidity of dog saliva. That's not to say all our problems were defensive or that all our defensive problems were Thomas' fault.

The contrast between them and us in terms of movement of the ball when attacking was amazing, that's not to big Vale up as something special, but there was a zip in their play that we never had. Again, so many times we got the ball forward but then stopped, went backwards and allowed them to get everyone behind the ball. No-one seems to get in a good position where they can receive the ball and do something positive with it. If you look at our goalscorers it gives you a clue to the problems. CBT has either lost his pace or his interest, so many times he gets beaten to the ball by the defender. Kanu spent half the game looking lost whilst Campbell despite racking up his second good performance in a row, looked shattered ten minutes before the end. They are all good enough to play a part, but none are good enough or strong enough to play the full 90 mins without the support of others. I am hopeful that we have a good transfer window, though I have reached the point where I feel a new manager is the priority. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable how after doing the hard part by getting the goals to go in front we just can't hold out let's hope the new signings stop this 
  • Options
    How many other managers would concede so many late goals game after game and still keep their job!! fucking useless and embarrassing!
  • Options
    Not seen the third goal back, who was mostly at fault? 
  • Options
    Was at the game , a 3-3 sounds like it was a great game when truth it was two poor sides , defending badly , most of the goals were due to poor defending and ref was an embarrassment but there is nothing new there. 

I do feel we aren’t as bad as it looks and it wouldn’t take much to make us into a winning side 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think maybe both Jones and Hector aren't good enough. To be honest they seem a similar level to TT.
    I think that's harsh on Jones. He was a bit off his game today but he's been our best defender this season by a big margin. And Thomas is way off the pace for a league one side.
    Best defender in the league's 6th worst defence 
  • Options
    What I can't understand is when we are winning and we go into injury time the players still jog around and look apathetic.  Other sides seem to do anything to protect the goal, tracking back at double speed, throwing themselves in front of the ball to make blocks, fouling if neccessary, just keping possession...we seem to lack that desire or knowhow...,