Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    Reading forum already has the pre match preview up.  Taken from it...

"Squad wise the main threat is posed by Alfie May (16 in 27 league games), midfielder Corey Taylor is the next to watch with 8 goals, then there's the ex-Reading threats posed by Terrell Thomas, Michael Hector and Tennai Watson. Also Ben Watson is at Charlton now and though he hasn't been involved this season he will certainly be someone to watch if the new management decide to go for "all change". The Addicks brought in 6 players in January; Freddie Ladapo, Conor McGrandles, Macaulay Gillesphey, Conor Coventry, Ramarni Edmonds-Green, Lewis Ward & Kayne Ramsay while former Reading keeper, Sam Walker, moved onto Bradford so it will be interesting to see what happens to them now Michael Appleton's moved on."
    Also says we brought in 6 players (it's actually 9) and lists McGrandles as one of them.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
    Spoons 5 minutes from station.
    I am going to be in the Nags Head in Russell Street. They run a bus to the ground and back for a few quid (last time i went it was £2) the 2-0 win for us game. It’s a 5 minutes walk from Reading West Station. Best selection of real ales and cider around. 
    That sounds really good!
  • Options
    Who’s prepared for the “you’re in my seat” back and forth that happens at sold out away days then?
  • Options
    Shall we get the annoying things that happen on big away days bingo cards ready?
  • Options
    Who’s prepared for the “you’re in my seat” back and forth that happens at sold out away days then?
    It's already kicked off on Twitter!
  • Options
    Just checking that no one has attached the word "Operation" to Saturdays match?

If you have,  thanks we ARE FUCKED!

Bad enough with hashtag sea of red. When will we learn?! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    Doesn’t look like an abundance of places to drink. Where’s everyone going pre-match?
    I am going to be in the Nags Head in Russell Street. They run a bus to the ground and back for a few quid (last time i went it was £2) the 2-0 win for us game. It’s a 5 minutes walk from Reading West Station. Best selection of real ales and cider around. 
    That sounds really good!
    Yep, we did the Nag's head. Perfect! 
  • Options
    Just checking that no one has attached the word "Operation" to Saturdays match?

If you have,  thanks we ARE FUCKED!

Bad enough with hashtag sea of red. When will we learn?! 
    A Meire project ten years ago 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Currently at work which is 10 miles from Reading and all their fans here are worried about us despite their decent run and great result last night. They have nothing to worry about new manager or not.
    Watched the highlights of Stevenage vs Reading
    First thought- that's a fluky lucky goal from a long throw
    Second thought- that's just the kind of goal we concede
  • Options
    If you haven’t been there before and are travelling by train there are frequent buses from the station to the ground and back again after the game. Buy a return ticket. You will find the the buses down the steps/ramp by turning right out of the station. 
  • Options
    I'm getting there for 13.00 just so I can sit in MY seat and if I need the loo ....nobody will want their seats around me.
    Success!
  • Options
    robroy said:
    se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    That sounds really good!
    Are they ok with away fans? Do I need to put on a Reading accent to get in?!
  • Options
    Any chance of actually playing in red?
  • Options
    We played in black in the cup 
  • Options
    Contractually we are obliged not to do the bleeding obvious.
  • Options

"Squad wise the main threat is posed by Alfie May (16 in 27 league games), midfielder Corey Taylor is the next to watch with 8 goals, then there's the ex-Reading threats posed by Terrell Thomas, Michael Hector and Tennai Watson. Also Ben Watson is at Charlton now and though he hasn't been involved this season he will certainly be someone to watch if the new management decide to go for "all change". The Addicks brought in 6 players in January; Freddie Ladapo, Conor McGrandles, Macaulay Gillesphey, Conor Coventry, Ramarni Edmonds-Green, Lewis Ward & Kayne Ramsay while former Reading keeper, Sam Walker, moved onto Bradford so it will be interesting to see what happens to them now Michael Appleton's moved on."
    Fair enough analysis, I've personally marked down Pavel Pogrebnyak as the main danger man for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Contractually we are obliged not to do the bleeding obvious.
    If it was down to me I would give the money back to the sponsor & tell them "thanks, but we'd rather be wearing RED from now on" and be done with it. 
  • Options
    Regardless of any deals we wouldn't be able to wear the home kit this weekend as Reading also have white shorts
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Regardless of any deals we wouldn't be able to wear the home kit this weekend as Reading also have white shorts
    We could wear black shorts.
  • Options
    Favourite Charlton kit that Red - Black - Red
  • Options

Fair enough analysis, I've personally marked down Pavel Pogrebnyak as the main danger man for them
    And a fantastic RB in Chris Gunter! 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    That sounds really good!
    Yeah the Nags is an excellent pub. I've watched England lose many times down there. It used to be a proper home pub when Reading were at Elm park. Don't know what it's like on match now.

The Lizzie line is great, but if you want to get here quickly jump off at Paddington and get on a direct train to Reading. You'll save a dull slog though west London and East Berkshire.

I'll be in the home end Saturday. I'll be looking on jealously, as you boys cheer on goal after goal whilst i sit on my hands.

This will be my third Reading v Charlton game this season.

I left the away end at the Bristol St Motors game with my bike helmet under my arm wearing a bright yellow jacket.

Steward looks me up and down and says "Did you cycle all the way here?

"Yep"

His jaw drops and i keep walking. :smiley:

• Options
    robroy said:
    se9addick said:
    Smithy said:
    That sounds really good!
    Yeah the Nags is an excellent pub. I've watched England lose many times down there. It used to be a proper home pub when Reading were at Elm park. Don't know what it's like on match now.

The Lizzie line is great, but if you want to get here quickly jump off at Paddington and get on a direct train to Reading. You'll save a dull slog though west London and East Berkshire.

I'll be in the home end Saturday. I'll be looking on jealously, as you boys cheer on goal after goal whilst i sit on my hands.

This will be my third Reading v Charlton game this season.

I left the away end at the Bristol St Motors game with my bike helmet under my arm wearing a bright yellow jacket.

Steward looks me up and down and says "Did you cycle all the way here?

"Yep"

His jaw drops and i keep walking. :smiley:

So you didn't tell him you live in Tilehurst then
  • Options

Is Nigel Adkins managing Reading or us?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Impressive numbers for this Saturday. Let’s hope the players deliver 
    Por favor.
  • Options
    DENCH said:
    I've got two spares for this, had a couple of drop outs if anyone wants to pay a bit less i'm happy to do that just to get rid of them!
    I could use 1 adult ticket if you still have one. Tried to message you but all I get is 'something went wrong"
    Go in the home end if all else fails.