Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    Do we think they will give us any more tickets?
  • Options
    dmccart32 said:
    Do we think they will give us any more tickets?

• Options
    Not going to shift another 2,000 tickets, but probably should get enough to get us to 3,000. 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    That review and allocation description is from seasons ago I think 
  • Options
    Though I note Derby were given a ‘full allocation of 2,986’
  • Options

Excited for this. Feels like ages ago we had that big game of importance feel. Millwall Away in 2019 I would think.  

• Options
    Their average attendance is half of capacity and we're not exactly a notoriously violent set of travelling fans, so i'm sure they could easily give us 3-4k.

Issue of course is that we're not going to sell that many in 5 more days.
  • Options
    An important away match, big following, Jones first match in charge. 

Hopefully it is a match we are all talking about for years to come as when a new successful era began. 
  • Options
    Their average attendance is half of capacity and we're not exactly a notoriously violent set of travelling fans, so i'm sure they could easily give us 3-4k.

The same could have been said for Derby on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pay on the day.
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:

Hopefully it is a match we are all talking about for years to come as when a new successful era began. 
    The amount of big away games attracting a large following and we've not performed.  Hopefully history will not repeat itself.
  • Options

Excited for this. Feels like ages ago we had that big game of importance feel. Millwall Away in 2019 I would think.  

Except the year we went up at Wembley, I don’t think I’ve ever seen us win a highly important game where there was a big turnout from the fans. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Except the year we went up at Wembley, I don’t think I’ve ever seen us win a highly important game where there was a big turnout from the fans. 
    Haven't done bad at Pompey 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

palice in 2000, Paul Kitson.
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Reading are allocating us more tickets this afternoon - message from Reading - We are sending a further allocation to Charlton this afternoon and they should be with them tomorrow. It may be work contacting them directly to see when they plan to go back on sale. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:

Can only remember one game away at Pompey in recent history that was highly significant for us, which was the Wembley year. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:

Can only remember one game away at Pompey in recent history that was highly significant for us, which was the Wembley year. 
    Agreed. We've taken good crowds, but they've all been mid table clashes. 

• Options
    ValleyBen said:

The amount of big away games attracting a large following and we've not performed.  Hopefully history will not repeat itself.
    Operation Ewood still haunts me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the curse only activates if the club offer special cheap transport. 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:

Season before promotion was the big one at Pompey, but we lost in the play offs. 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:

Doncaster play off match 1st leg

sorry, missed where it was posted above 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:

Operation Ewood still haunts me.
    You went with @clb74?
  • Options

i think we would sell the 4300 if they gave them to us - its a big big game and with the new manager buzz and the fact its so easy to get there now with the Elizabeth line, i don't think we'd have trouble shifting them  
  • Options
    Even I’m going to this one now - must have picked up one of the last ones (of the first batch?) yesterday because they only had the £24 tickets on sale rather than the £22 tickets that were there when I looked an hour or so earlier. 
  • Options
    Called the ticket office this morning, we are being allocated more seats, just a case of how many once the security officer has looked at the areas we will be given 
  • Options
    With the additional allocation, if 3000 Charlton fans can’t motivate the players, then nothing will. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:

Doncaster play off match 1st leg

sorry, missed where it was posted above 
    I said bar the Wembley year. 

Historically we've never done well on high important games in the last 15 years.