Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading [A] Tickets (2,963 Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    Reading are allocating us more tickets this afternoon - message from Reading - We are sending a further allocation to Charlton this afternoon and they should be with them tomorrow. It may be work contacting them directly to see when they plan to go back on sale. 
    An owner who's only interested in cutting his losses was never likely to refuse the chance of selling more tickets to away fans...
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Their average attendance is half of capacity and we're not exactly a notoriously violent set of travelling fans, so i'm sure they could easily give us 3-4k.

Issue of course is that we're not going to sell that many in 5 more days.
    i think we would sell the 4300 if they gave them to us - its a big big game and with the new manager buzz and the fact its so easy to get there now with the Elizabeth line, i don't think we'd have trouble shifting them  
    We sold out Old Trafford away, why not do a 50/50 stadium split on the day with Reading..

:D 
  • Options
    Extra 436 on sale 2pm Tuesday 
  • Options
    That review and allocation description is from seasons ago I think 
    It is, they have season ticket holders behind the goal now.
  • Options
    Elizabeth Line Derby. I’m using my over 60’s travel card as far as it will take me. Might leave it at that and then just turn around and go home and give the match a miss 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Their average attendance is half of capacity and we're not exactly a notoriously violent set of travelling fans, so i'm sure they could easily give us 3-4k.

i think we would sell the 4300 if they gave them to us - its a big big game and with the new manager buzz and the fact its so easy to get there now with the Elizabeth line, i don't think we'd have trouble shifting them  
    If its such a big big game , why did it take 2 weeks to sell out the original allocation of tickets?
    Because the new manager buzz that brings with it some feel good factor is a big draw. If
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:

If it’s such a big big game , why did it take 2 weeks to sell out the original allocation of tickets?
    Apathy/despair, presumably. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    seen a fan group is trying a #seaofred initiative. We never learn do we
    Surely it should be #seaofblack anyway, seeing that we'll be wearing our away kit, even though there's no clash...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    seen a fan group is trying a #seaofred initiative. We never learn do we
    Surely it should be #seaofblack anyway, seeing that we'll be wearing our away kit, even though there's no clash...
    Can borrow some black jackets from the Holmesdale Fanatics 
  • Options
    Great that there’s a big backing for Jones’ first game. Could be a momentum changer if we win that 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Elizabeth Line Derby. I’m using my over 60’s travel card as far as it will take me. Might leave it at that and then just turn around and go home and give the match a miss 😳
    In a few years time, the Elizabeth Line derby will be as intense and passionate as the M23 derby  :D
    I hate reading 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alas i will not be there but not faraway…I’ll be in the Heathrow heading to Colombia via Madrid take off at 5:30pm. But I’m sure that the match will be beamed live somehow while I sip my champagne before takeoff. 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    clive said:
    _MrDick said:
    Over 60's oyster card is valid as far as West Drayton.
    Over 66 freedom pass issued by one of the 32 London councils is valid as far as Reading.
    So if you've got an over 60's Oyster card and wanted to purchase a return from West Drayton to Reading.
    Do you have to get the 46 mins past the hour from Paddington, stopping at west Drayton train which takes 54 mins, rather than a 23 min direct train? 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Alas i will not be there but not faraway…I’ll be in the Heathrow heading to Colombia via Madrid take off at 5:30pm. 
    That's no excuse. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    _MrDick said:
    Over 66 freedom pass issued by one of the 32 London councils is valid as far as Reading.
    So if you've got an over 60's Oyster card and wanted to purchase a return from West Drayton to Reading.
    Do you have to get the 46 mins past the hour from Paddington, stopping at west Drayton train which takes 54 mins, rather than a 23 min direct train? 

Stations beyond Zone 6

Contactless pay as you go is available on the GWR network beyond London Zone 6 to the following stations:

• Iver
    • Langley
    • Slough
    • Windsor & Eton Central
    • Burnham
    • Taplow
    • Maidenhead
    • Furze Platt
    • Cookham
    • Bourne End
    • Marlow
    • Twyford
    • Wargrave
    • Shiplake
    • Henley-on-Thames
    • Reading
    • all Oyster products (including Oyster pay as you go, season tickets on Oyster cards, Children’s ZIP Oyster cards, 60+ London Oyster photocards and Veterans Oyster photocards) are not valid to these stations
    • London Freedom Passes are valid on TfL Rail services ONLY to these stations. They are not valid on GWR services between West Drayton and Reading
    • under 11s travel free on TfL Rail in this area when accompanied by an adult. This doesn’t apply on GWR services
    https://www.gwr.com/your-tickets/smart-tickets/contactless-payments
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:

If it’s such a big big game , why did it take 2 weeks to sell out the original allocation of tickets?
    Coz we were staring into the abyss with a talentless dullard in charge of the team ? 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    _MrDick said:

Stations beyond Zone 6

Contactless pay as you go is available on the GWR network beyond London Zone 6 to the following stations:

• Iver
    • Langley
    • Slough
    • Windsor & Eton Central
    • Burnham
    • Taplow
    • Maidenhead
    • Furze Platt
    • Cookham
    • Bourne End
    • Marlow
    • Twyford
    • Wargrave
    • Shiplake
    • Henley-on-Thames
    • Reading
    • all Oyster products (including Oyster pay as you go, season tickets on Oyster cards, Children’s ZIP Oyster cards, 60+ London Oyster photocards and Veterans Oyster photocards) are not valid to these stations
    • London Freedom Passes are valid on TfL Rail services ONLY to these stations. They are not valid on GWR services between West Drayton and Reading
    • under 11s travel free on TfL Rail in this area when accompanied by an adult. This doesn’t apply on GWR services
    So you tap in at West Drayton and out at Reading? Presumably you can buy a return online?
  • Options
    I've bought our tickets online already via TrainPal (open return), saved about £30 on the cost. Weirdly it's alot cheaper to buy in advance from Abbey Wood than it is Woolwich
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    _MrDick said:

Stations beyond Zone 6

• Iver
    • Langley
    • Slough
    • Windsor & Eton Central
    • Burnham
    • Taplow
    • Maidenhead
    • Furze Platt
    • Cookham
    • Bourne End
    • Marlow
    • Twyford
    • Wargrave
    • Shiplake
    • Henley-on-Thames
    • Reading
    So you tap in at West Drayton and out at Reading? Presumably you can buy a return online?
     A day return between West Drayton & Reading costs £14.60 [£9.60], you can buy a ticket online or from a ticket office, there is a ticket office at Abbey Wood. 

Fare from Abbey Wood to Reading using contactless

Off- peak Single: £15.00

You can only use contactless to pay as you go at Reading Rail Station (not Oyster). If you don't use contactless, you need to buy a paper ticket.
    https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/tube-and-rail-fares/single-fare-finder?intcmp=54716

A Day Return between Abbey Wood & Reading costs £29.40 [£19.40] & gives the option of changing onto a faster train at Paddington or from Reading.

Railcard fares in brackets.

The Elizabeth Line trains are not really designed for the 1 hour 25 journey between Abbey Wood/ Reading as the seats are not really that comfortable & there are no toilets on these trains.

• Options
    Anyone know what the journey to and from the station is like? 

I guess there’s buses but does it take ages to get back after?