Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    Not too surprised when he hadn't played for months. Still think he'll be a useful option to have around. 
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Decent short-term signing, but long-term - to have three target men, all seemingly with consistent injury problems, is surely asking for trouble. 

Currently all three out injured. Would be nice to have one who is hardy. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not too surprised when he hadn't played for months. Still think he'll be a useful option to have around. 
    Not if he gets injured every time he plays 18 minutes of football.

We can't carry him and Aneke all next season. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Oh I'm not convinced about next season with him purely because of the injuries, 2 weeks off now to get him fit. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Decent short-term signing, but long-term - to have three target men, all seemingly with consistent injury problems, is surely asking for trouble. 

Currently all three out injured. Would be nice to have one who is hardy. 
    This guy maybe?

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

What happens if we get five of these big game changing target men who can only play 20 minutes a pop and just play them 20 minutes each before subbing them. 
  • Options

• Options
    I listened to the Conor Wickham interview this week. 
    I'm pretty sure he said something like, his lack of opportunities in recent years, were because clubs were under the misapprehension that he is injury prone. 
  • Options
    FUCKING INJURED!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just needs a full service and new MOT. 
  • Options
    "Nothing to lose" in this move.

• Options
    Only skim read the previous but am I right that Connor Wickham drives a broken down van ?
    How dare you!

It's a rental van on a pay per mile contract. 
  • Options
    FUCKING INJURED!!!!!
    Not funny. Would have been if you'd reversed the words. 😉
  • Options
    Wickham didn’t play against Wycombe as he picked up an injury.

• Options
    Forget glass, this bloke is made of matchsticks.
  • Options
    Didn't someone try to convince us that he wasn't injury prone?
  • Options
    edited April 27
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he’s good enough but just not durable enough. Shame really. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Didn't someone try to convince us that he wasn't injury prone?
    Yes, Connor Wickham said he had an unjustified reputation as being injury prone.
    I'm not sure if he's completed a full game since he said it.
    Get rid.
  • Options
    Injuries and fitness are a concern but in the 3 maybe 4 games he played, he scored one and set up 2.  I think that will give jones something to think about
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Injuries and fitness are a concern but in the 3 maybe 4 games he played, he scored one and set up 2.  I think that will give jones something to think about
    I’m just not seeing that with his fitness record and with Aneke and Leaburn being our alternative big strikers. 
    I love chucks but I think he is finished. Since his last injury he got at derby, he hasn’t done much
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I’m just not seeing that with his fitness record and with Aneke and Leaburn being our alternative big strikers. 
    I love chucks but I think he is finished. Since his last injury he got at derby, he hasn’t done much
    And his cheat code broke today.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Finished or not, he's with us for another season, so it's a moot point.
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Aneke, he comes from Newham and only 30, so he is not Finish.
  • Options
    We need someone who has the same impact, ability and style of play as Wickham... but who doesn't snap in a gentle breeze. I have no idea who that is but that's a problem for Jones to solve.