Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5WBk78sZQ

Decent bowl-cut that. Has grown up. Come on Connor, push us into the play-offs!
    Fiorini, Terry Taylor and Louis Watson in that video. That's the sort of squad depth we have now.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    The dishonorable Mr Wickham? Scoundrel with a history of stealing a living. Doubt he'll put his name forward to lead the line. A well renowned cad and poltroon.
    Haha you never stop learning. I've never heard of the word before, thank you. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    From wiki, hight and dob.  :D

Not tall enough
  • Options
    Good signing, if he is match fit.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    The big question for me is if Jones thinks he can play a part next season or if he’s just using him to test out certain patterns of play so we can get a better version of him in the summer. Either way he seems worth a punt for 6/7 weeks now we’re looking much safer 
    Don't see him being here next season, with Leaburn def & Aneka possibly out for the rest of the season & Lapado hardly pulling up trees it makes sense to bring in a lump up front to bully tiring defenders late in the game. I have absolutely no idea but maybe he's the best out of contract player that we could get for just a few weeks.
  • Options
    Now that we have (nearly) stopped pi**ing around at the back, we need a big lad up front to win the goalkicks. Simple as that I reckon. Route 1 football until the end of the season at least.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    cazo said:
    Been training with Charlton for two weeks Jones says Chuck’s got injured last week, so he was here before Chuck’s got injured
    The most sensible post on this thread. 
    Sometimes news is "managed" so you never know. One thing I like from this is that it feels like NJ is virtually highlighting the great job Scott has done in unbalancing the squad. We have about 10 CMs but need a free forward on a contract for a few months, because of his meticulous squad planning and execution. 
    Even worse, despite all the midfielders on the books, Bakinson was yhe only 1 fit/good enough to be on the bench on Saturday.
     Fiorini, Watson, Taylor, Camara+all the ones we have loaned out,Payne, McGrandles,Fraser,DJ.
    What a disaster.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Fiorini, Terry Taylor and Louis Watson in that video. That's the sort of squad depth we have now.
    None of those 3 good/fit enough to get in the 18
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    mendonca said:

None of those 3 good/fit enough to get in the 18
    Maybe, but all on the payroll, and on the training field. We certainly have no problems in having 11 vs 11 games in training.
  • Options
    Hope it works out, for him and us.

Reading his Wikipedia page, looks like he’s had quite a few knee injuries in the past and misses quite a few matches, time will tell.
  • Options
    Major said:
    mendonca said:

Whoever the interviewer was, he was a breath of fresh air!.
    The other chap rambles on and on, gives his opinion, states the obvious and then asks whoever it is to agree with him.
    Wearing out my mute button.
    Terry Smith. 
  • Options
    Major said:
    mendonca said:

Whoever the interviewer was, he was a breath of fresh air!.
    The other chap rambles on and on, gives his opinion, states the obvious and then asks whoever it is to agree with him.
    Wearing out my mute button.
    Terry Smith. 
    Right you are. That's the 'Other chap'. Thanks.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Any rumours on Chuks, Gribbo?
    Look into it mate. Not heard any murmurs though
  • Options
    Having not played a game all season it will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets in very quickly.
  • Options
    If Connor runs about a lot on the pitch, not staying in one set position, will he be known as Wickham Wanderer?
  • Options
    Competition for places. A Target man to work alongside Alfie? Useful to help breakdown sides that will sit deep and defend perhaps?
    The more the merrier, and so far Jones has an eye for a good character for the team. 
    Welcome Connor, slot some goals in and help us out.
  • Options
    May not be a Stella signing but a very sensible one. Burn out for Kanu is a risk, Anderson has been blowing last couple of games and that could well happen to Kanu. It's also obvious, as posters have pointed out the Chuks won't be returning any time soon. Its a yes for me and welcome Connor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ Connor, did Palace make you get that haircut? Bastards.
    We tried to sign Ikpeazu, it didn't happen and then Chuks rose from the dead briefly.
    Now he's crocked again, this makes perfect sense from what is available
  • Options
    I actually think he would male quire a good partner for Ladapo. I'd we see those 2 on the pitch together at all I reckon it'll work well.

Also have a feeling we will see Chuks on the bench tomorrow!
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    The dishonorable Mr Wickham? Scoundrel with a history of stealing a living. Doubt he'll put his name forward to lead the line. A well renowned cad and poltroon.
    Hope I don’t have Lydia Bennett or her modern day equivalent sitting next to me. 
  • Options
    Not played all season, needs time for fitness.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    May not be a Stella signing but a very sensible one. Burn out for Kanu is a risk, Anderson has been blowing last couple of games and that could well happen to Kanu. It's also obvious, as posters have pointed out the Chuks won't be returning any time soon. Its a yes for me and welcome Connor. 
    Stella signing? I don't want some beer addled plonker stumbling about, thank you very much.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Surely, a Stella signing wouldn't have been an addition to the men's squad?
  • Options
    How is it that nobody on here had posted that we've had him training with us for 2 weeks?
  • Options
    How is it that nobody on here had posted that we've had him training with us for 2 weeks?
    I thought that, surely CL geeks still watch the training sessions?