Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    Bit of tightness in Chuks, appears to be out for the season. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    That one's been kept very quiet, and not a whisper of anything from them's ITK...
    maybe need a "Rumours till the end of the season" thread...🙄
  • Options
    PWR

maybe, just maybe, the reactive Charlton we have come accustomed too has gone. Is there a chance jones looked at chucks medical history and said we need a plan b? 

Planning before the inevitable rather than waiting for this to happen?
    or maybe, just maybe, they have reacted to his injury....

would he have been brought in if Chuks were fit ?
  • Options
    Always thought he was decent but his I jury record is poor. To get us over the line this season, fine. To join for next, not convinced.
  • Options
    Big player。
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    The best thing Wickham has done was to take over 60k a week while being injured at Palace. He bleed them dry.
    60k per week….now I dont feel sorry for him not having had a job since last summer
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Been training with Charlton for two weeks Jones says Chuck’s got injured last week, so he was here before Chuck’s got injured
    That's very suspicious 🤣
  • Options
    The big question for me is if Jones thinks he can play a part next season or if he’s just using him to test out certain patterns of play so we can get a better version of him in the summer. Either way he seems worth a punt for 6/7 weeks now we’re looking much safer 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Suspect it’s covering bases to stay up then we’ll sign someone longer term in the summer 
    I agree, you have to admire Nathan, not taking any chances especially in this league and a tiny warning to players that he will change the team if need be. 
  • Options
    On a two month contract I don't see a downside.

It seems like he is trialling for next season.

A bench of Aneke and Wickham would be interesting.

• Options
    Was a decent player a few years ago but his ship has sailed. He’ll do as a stop gap. Clearly means that Chuks is yet again knackered. 
    Does it.? He was at the club when Chuks was fit.
  • Options
    At least he has some sort of pedigree...  And i've heard of him.
  • Options
    Hope no-one expects him to do too much pressing.
  • Options
    edited March 8
    The deal being April and not the end of the season screams we want to stop paying you once we're safe, and will probably get someone else next season.
    The deal is until end of April isn't it?

Our last game is 27th April.
  • Options
    If Chuks is going to be a while it makes sense for Wickham and Kanu to carry the target man load, both May and Ladapo will like playing off Wickham too and Kanu can probably learn a lot from him.
    I guess NJ can also perm a front two from Kanu, Ladapo and Wickham and have a better look at May in the 10 hole as well?
    I do like the way it seems the budget can increase if circumstances and the team need it too........ different times from many of the last few years.
  • Options
    His numbers while at this level with Forest Green last year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that is a classic Charlton Life signing. The only way it could be more CL is if it was a pay as you play contract. A deal til the end of April is really weird, you'd think if we properly wanted him we'd give him to the end of the season but it implies he's there just to cover the rest of whatever Chuks' new injury is. I guess we'll see how he goes, he's not exactly the anti-Chuks with his injury record though. If he doesn't immediately pull up and stay injured for the rest of his tiny contract it'll be something
    The season ends in April

• Options
    Maybe the thinking is that by having two crocks in the striker room they will alternate in their crocked states so one can fill in for the other throughout the rest of the season…
  • Options
    edited March 8
    The dishonorable Mr Wickham? Scoundrel with a history of stealing a living. Doubt he'll put his name forward to lead the line. A well renowned cad and poltroon.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Absolutely nothing to lose and plenty to gain with this 
    exactly this, also I didn't realise he was still only 30 - seems to have been around for years
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5WBk78sZQ

Decent bowl-cut that. Has grown up. Come on Connor, push us into the play-offs!
  • Options
    I reckon he’ll make a great number 13.

Aslong as he doesn’t muck about with it at the back like Isted then I’m happy.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Now that is a classic Charlton Life signing. The only way it could be more CL is if it was a pay as you play contract. A deal til the end of April is really weird, you'd think if we properly wanted him we'd give him to the end of the season but it implies he's there just to cover the rest of whatever Chuks' new injury is. I guess we'll see how he goes, he's not exactly the anti-Chuks with his injury record though. If he doesn't immediately pull up and stay injured for the rest of his tiny contract it'll be something
    The season ends in April

You’ve forgotten about the play offs. 

Wait, he won’t be eligible for the playoffs!? Ffs.