Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    His interview Connor talks about getting himself fit. I doubt he’s far off but to me sounds like the best we can expect is coming off the bench for a few matches. Nine games left and probably won’t feature this weekend. Still a good signing but he’s got a tough job to impress enough to earn a contract for next season.
  • Options
    Can’t complain at this, Aneke is gone, feel for him but time to retire him if anything for his own health, Leaburn unfortunately another injury prone player and Ladapo really off the pace.
  • Options
    Wickham can also impart his experience to our younger strikers
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    May not be a Stella signing but a very sensible one. Burn out for Kanu is a risk, Anderson has been blowing last couple of games and that could well happen to Kanu. It's also obvious, as posters have pointed out the Chuks won't be returning any time soon. Its a yes for me and welcome Connor. 
    Surely, a Stella signing wouldn't have been an addition to the men's squad?
    My Stella signing was a 1920s vintage Stella banjo ukulele. 

Lovely tone.

I thought you may like to know  B)

• Options
    His interview Connor talks about getting himself fit. I doubt he’s far off but to me sounds like the best we can expect is coming off the bench for a few matches. Nine games left and probably won’t feature this weekend. Still a good signing but he’s got a tough job to impress enough to earn a contract for next season.
    It sounds like he's Jones' insurance policy.

But like Chuks, we daren't play him. 

• Options
    How is it that nobody on here had posted that we've had him training with us for 2 weeks?
    I did
  • Options
    Yes ... plus he may be known around the clubs as a good influence in the dressing room. 

Curbs (and son of Curbs, Chris Powell) usually decided to sign a player based on character as well as ability. 

• Options
    Also I'm sure Jonesey has had a really good look at him as a character, as well as a player.

Wickham has already been here 2 weeks - and the management must like what they see. 

I don't suppose he's costing much in wages either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 9
    BigDiddy said:
    Good signing, if he is match fit.

Wickham is taking Chuks place on the bench, so as long as he is fit enough for 30 minutes then he can be useful with 14 years experience of playing 1st team football even if many of his 297 apps were off the bench over the second part of his career.
  • Options
    pleased with this - whether he's a worthy addition for what we are trying to do next year, we shall see 
  • Options
    I suspect he takes Campbell’s place on the bench, as Campbell doesn’t offer too much in this current formation. A bench of Aneke, Wickham and one of the other strikers in rotation is pretty good for options!
  • Options
    what this surprise announcement does tell us is that us fans don't have the eyes and ears down the training ground that we used to have  
  • Options

You have to say that’s impressive. 
  • Options
    If he plays on the left wing when kicking towards the Covered End and on right wing when kicking the other way, we can call him West Wickham.
  • Options
    I wondered if he has been brought in because of international call ups, but I think we only have Thomas and AMB in senior team that will be called up
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Good signing, if he is match fit.
    And if he doesn't get injured first tackle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    How is it that nobody on here had posted that we've had him training with us for 2 weeks?
    I did
    I think maybe Siv meant during the two weeks. In other words how did it go under the radar. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    ross1 said:
    I did
    I think maybe Siv meant during the two weeks. In other words how did it go under the radar. 
    Thanks, but I realise that, just joking with him 😁
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Talal said:
    ross1 said:
    I did
    Thanks, but I realise that, just joking with him 😁
    Doh🤦
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Yes ... plus he may be known around the clubs as a good influence in the dressing room. 

Curbs (and son of Curbs, Chris Powell) usually decided to sign a player based on character as well as ability. 

Possibly he may be an expert lover too.
  • Options
    Can’t complain at this, Aneke is gone, feel for him but time to retire him if anything for his own health, Leaburn unfortunately another injury prone player and Ladapo really off the pace.
    He’s not going to retire whilst he is still under contract - he’d be stupid to do that. 
  • Options
    On the bench today, which I suppose explains the announcement yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    I think he might be our Aneke and Camara replacement for the of season 🤔

Good muscular display from him.
  • Options
    Thought he looked very sharp today. Some great touches. But he’s already getting stick on the players marks thread 😂
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Thought he looked very sharp today. Some great touches. But he’s already getting stick on the players marks thread 😂
    Yeah but look who from - doesn’t count.