Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    Connor looked ok today in his short cameo, with a nice little flick on for Alfie's second...
    Can see the years contract coming up before the end of the season...
  • Options
    I thought he did ok too. Probably a bit slow but to be expected, but some nice touches and an assist. Ladapo however looked like he was running in treacle in his five minute cameo.
  • Options
    Yep, looked competent…
  • Options
    Good hold up play. Looked decent
  • Options
    Looked useful. Needs runners off him, rather than the lumbering Ladapo though.
  • Options
    Did well today - can hold the ball up and is a physical threat.
  • Options
    Still looks fitter than Fiorini did
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like him - sign him 
  • Options
    He’s a free agent for a reason!  Or more likely several reasons.  So long as we’re not expecting miracles (or even the CW from a decade ago) we won’t be disappointed. As a cameo I thought he did quite well today. But I can’t see him being a long term option. 
  • Options
    I thought he was great. 

Him and Leaburn fighting it out for a spot in the team next season. Yes please 
  • Options
    He’s a free agent for a reason!  Or more likely several reasons.  So long as we’re not expecting miracles (or even the CW from a decade ago) we won’t be disappointed. As a cameo I thought he did quite well today. But I can’t see him being a long term option. 
    maybe this is his new home - give people a 2nd chance 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    maybe this is his new home - give people a 2nd chance 
    Yup. He’s got half a dozen games to make his case. He’s had a lot of second chances though…,,,
  • Options
    Back header assist, goal, job done.
  • Options
    The type of player we needed when we signed Ladapo only Connor Wickham clearly just needed 2 weeks to be introduced to his striking partners. One more week before the next game so wouldn’t surprise me if he started that one upfront with Kanu and Alfie being let loose behind them.
  • Options
    Good last 25 minutes replacement for Chuks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked useful. Needs runners off him, rather than the lumbering Ladapo though.
    Thought Ladapo did well when he came on today too 
    Not a good combination with Wickham though, as neither were able to press the Carlisle defence or scare them with pace and movement.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I thought he was great. 

Him and Leaburn fighting it out for a spot in the team next season. Yes please 
    Leaburn wins this hands down.

• Options
    Nadou said:
    Good last 25 minutes replacement for Chuks
    Is Chuks down to playing 5 mins now?
  • Options
    Did what he needed to do today, Physical presence and something we need now chucks is out.

Contract might be there for him next season if he comes in and performs 
  • Options
    He's injury prone, isn't he? I thought he looked really good but not sure about a longer contract, purely on the basis of his injury record. 
  • Options
    He had a good short term spell at Forest Green in L1 last season where he scored goals, then moved up the ladder to Cardiff where he was less successful, but seemed over his injury issues.

A mystery why he hasn't got a club this season until now. Maybe he was still hoping for another Championship club, or none of the L1 clubs that approached him appealed.
  • Options
    If he can get fit (and stay that way!) I can see him being a definite asset and worth holding on to - probably not going to score huge amounts of goals himself but players like May or Kanu will definitely benefit from having someone like him to play off.

Quite a sizeable "if" though