Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

edited March 8 in General Charlton

Nathan Jones has bolstered his attacking options with the signing of experienced striker Connor Wickham.

The 30-year-old, who stands at 6ft 4in, joins on a short-term deal until the end of April 2024 having been training with Jones’ squad for the last two weeks.

A former England youth international, Wickham arrives at Charlton with almost 300 senior appearances to his name, 120 of which have come in the Premier League and a further 113 in the Championship.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/connor-wickham-joins-charlton

Comments

• Options
    That is a very short term deal, wonder if he will be involved tomorrow 
  • Options
    Must mean Chuks won’t be available for most of the rest of the season. No surprise but still a shame. 
  • Options
    Aneke done for the season then I assume?
  • Options
    I guess that means we won't be seeing Chuks back for a while then
  • Options
    Chuks definitely crocked longer than first thought then
  • Options
    Decent signing, but as others have said, Chuks must be out for the foreseeable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Random. Out the blue. 
  • Options
    Closed down Wilkos Gillingham
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I’m guessing it’s a “try before you buy” type of situation. Jones likes a target man and perhaps Chuks can’t be trusted so here is plan B.  Go and earn yourself a contract sunshine
    If he's as good as Small I'll be happy
  • Options
    bit of a Carl Leaburn type, i.e. a big unit who puts himself about without scoring too many .. good hedge signing as Leaburn Jnr is out, Aneke ?, never too sure when he is not badly damaged, and if Kanu or may get crocked we would be struggling for a proper striker .. welcome Conor and all the best during your time with us
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I’m guessing it’s a “try before you buy” type of situation. Jones likes a target man and perhaps Chuks can’t be trusted so here is plan B.  Go and earn yourself a contract sunshine
    "perhaps Chuks can't be trusted lol". Only 12 months to go of this loafer.
  • Options
    My prediction is 4 goals from CW before the end of the season. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I feel about this tbh.
    Chuks defo done.
    Jones being proactive.
    But Conor bloody Wickham 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see that one coming, not mad about it all 
  • Options
    About as good as we could probably get, decent enough for this level thought he was a handful for Forest Green too in this league. Surprised he’s only 30 as well ought to have a few more years left in him too.
  • Options
    Perfect out ball for the last 15 minutes, all upside for this part of the season
  • Options
    Yep. Without Chuks and Miles we’re missing a big man up front that the ball will stick to. A good punt this. NJ must be doing this with a view to next season. Let’s see how he does. What’s not to like. Lots of PL and Championship experience and not too old.  
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Stat of the day

'Striker' Connor Wickham turned Pro in 2009.
    He has never reached a double figure goal tally for any of the seasons he's played.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Weirdly think this might say more about how Jones rates Ladapo than Aneke. My snap judgment was about Aneke too but if Wickham has been here a while that doesn’t really add up. 
    This is how I see it tbh
  • Options
    Assume will go ahead of Ladapo as a target man for May or Kanu to play off