Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Connor Wickham joins on a short term deal

Comments

• Options
    Was a decent player a few years ago but his ship has sailed. He’ll do as a stop gap. Clearly means that Chuks is yet again knackered. 
  • Options
    I think Ladapo is still part of the equation. We just need a big man up front and the longevity of Miles and Chuks (different reasons) is a concern. 
  • Options
    Fair one. Aneke is obviously re-crocked and Ladapo has looked poor and no upgrade from our youth player recalled from Southend. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Been training with Charlton for two weeks Jones says Chuck’s got injured last week, so he was here before Chuck’s got injured
    The most sensible post on this thread. 
  • Options
    Now that is a classic Charlton Life signing. The only way it could be more CL is if it was a pay as you play contract. A deal til the end of April is really weird, you'd think if we properly wanted him we'd give him to the end of the season but it implies he's there just to cover the rest of whatever Chuks' new injury is. I guess we'll see how he goes, he's not exactly the anti-Chuks with his injury record though. If he doesn't immediately pull up and stay injured for the rest of his tiny contract it'll be something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cazo said:
    Been training with Charlton for two weeks Jones says Chuck’s got injured last week, so he was here before Chuck’s got injured
    Getting ready for when Chuks inevitably got injured.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    The most sensible post on this thread. 
    Sometimes news is "managed" so you never know. One thing I like from this is that it feels like NJ is virtually highlighting the great job Scott has done in unbalancing the squad. We have about 10 CMs but need a free forward on a contract for a few months, because of his meticulous squad planning and execution. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Getting ready for when Chuks inevitably got injured.
    A combination of that and Jones realising that Ladapo isn’t going to cut it. Just giving us another option. 
  • Options
    Wasn't he a top target for us a few seasons back? 
  • Options
    edited March 8
    ct_addick said:
    Weird one considering NJ was complaining about the size of the squad….could have done with him in Jan TBH….can see Leaburn being sold now
    I don't think it has any bearing on Miles at all. Main thing is to get him fit in the summer, ready for next season. No one is going to come in and pay big money for him without him proving his fitness (and his post long term injury form). 
    I think signing Wickham shows that Jones doesn't think Ladapo is the sort of target man his current system requires.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lived in locks bottom/Keston whilst at palace so presume he still has a place locally.

seems as if we’ve given loans/contracts to players who need to fight for deals to be here next season, I’d imagine that’s the same for conn
  • Options
    Twenty seasons back to be precise.  
  • Options
    Twenty seasons back to be precise.  
    About the same time when chucks first got injured for us then. 
  • Options
    Playing up front with Chuks on Saturday, with Kanu and May out wide and Anderson advanced

4-1----1-4

Cant lose the midfield battle if you bypass it !!!

• Options
    Has any commented on Chuks being injured?
  • Options
    Has any commented on Chuks being injured?
    yes NG did (I think)