Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Matt Smith's been released by Salford. Yes, THAT Matt Smith. At least HE knows how to score last minute winners with his head. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Not a rumour, but one I think we should be looking at - Alex Mitchell from Millwall. Played 34 games on loan at Lincoln this year and earned rave reviews. Sounds like Neil Harris may not consider him for the 1st team. Got to be a better bet than Thomas, Hector or Ness at CB.

Lasse Sorenson also out of contact at Lincoln. Would love to get him in.
    Would love Mitchell as well - take one of Zach’s older brothers…
  • Options
    Can't be Les Berry - he's past it.
    Nick Berry is pretty handy apparently. Every loser wins and all that! 
  • Options
    Dan Potts out of contract at Luton - maybe NJ has kept an eye on as did well at Luton under him and defence must be the key area to strengthen. 
  • Options
    Dan Potts out of contract at Luton - maybe NJ has kept an eye on as did well at Luton under him and defence must be the key area to strengthen. 
    This is one I could see happening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Penney looked like a left back that wasn't a left back.

And given he's not had a club in a year, is a left back who hasn't been a left back.
    He hasn’t even been left back in the dressing room. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    From @Swisdom
    "He’s an LB but not a LB

Unlikely anything will happen for at least 2 or 3 weeks" 

Speculation from Luke Berry to Liam Bennett so far. 
    ?????
    Christ on a bike!!
    See we're starting as we mean to go on!
    With spelling lessons?
  • Options

And we’re off..!

• Options
    edited May 1
    previous years its been 3 or 4 positions. Info not too ground breaking, I know

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So we don't blend a wishlist into the rumours. 
    Well, that turned out well.  :D
  • Options
    I have not spoken to, or read from, anybody who says we’re all right for goalkeepers at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Seven years ago… where we would’ve found £1.5 million from I have no idea..!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-consider-bid-for-ps1-5m-stevenage-striker-matt-godden-a3605826.html
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Godden, May and Kanu - do we need and have room for three smaller strikers? Especially as we can’t rely on Chuks and Leaburn as our only big strikers. I’d be surprised if we have six strikers in the first team squad.
    Agreed. Not sure he's a good fit for us.
  • Options
    Godden is a decent player but I think we’re just a few years too late to try and sign him. He’d be the sort of signing I’d expect if May left.