Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    If we play 2 up top every game, 3 big and 3 small is ok I think, especially if one of each is Aneke who's injured 70% of the time and the other is a youngster who whilst they broke through this season and did well, needs time to grow and develop. 

May, Godden, Kanu
    Leaburn, Aneke, New ST

6 strikers would be a bit mad, even with Aneke. 4 plus Aneke is more than fine, could see Kanu going out on loan though. 
    May, Kanu, Ladapo, Aneke, Wickham, Leaburn...

Different situation though, Wickham was essentially a trial with Leaburn out for the season, our squad will hopefully be smaller and better quality. We won’t have 6 strikers of that im fairly certain, 

Especially as we have Casey and M'Bick who are both about to go over the 40 goals in a season mark and are waiting in the wings.  Casey is the same age Kanu was at the start of last season, so they may well be strikers 5&6 but without being true first team squad players.

Yeah fair point, definitely Mbick as I think physically he's more likely to step up quicker than Casey, a bit like Leaburn over Kanu. If we are going 2 up top I'd like to think we'll go with 4 plus Aneke. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Matt Godden evidently saying a move to us would suit him very well. Comes from a Kent golfers source where Matt is a member.
    He’s from Canterbury where he has family…..32 but would surely still be a threat to League One defences.
    Sorry but I can’t say exactly who I got this info from but please note, there’s nothing to say that talks or interest from the club have (or will), take place.
    Remember hearing he supported Charlton when he was at Peterborough. Maybe too similar to May
    My brother cleans his windows. Often talk football, never mentioned he’s a Charlton fan. Did say he heard that Sandgaard was a lunatic. 😂

When on holiday or meet new people when out and about my lying opening gambit is I have no interest in Football anymore; the reply on many occasions is " you must be a Charlton fan, what division are they in now?"
    I think a lot of the tosh we’ve had on the pitch hasn’t had much infest in football either.
  • Options
    Last keeper we got from Pompey worked out well… 🙄
    Smashes the height test. 
  • Options
    Nothing about his career record screams "No 1 keeper". He was a free agent when Pompey signed him again in January, and just back up cover.
  • Options
    Played for Jones at Luton
    https://x.com/efl_hub/status/1615657694018375681?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

The responses to this from 18 months ago are quite funny
  • Options
    I’m a bit confused.
    I was given to understand that on Wednesday the retained and released lists would be announced.
    This, as far as I know, hasn’t been the case……have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m a bit confused.
    I was given to understand that on Wednesday the retained and released lists would be announced.
    This, as far as I know, hasn’t been the case……have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
    Jones said he was sitting down with the players face to face to talk about their future. So I guess the list would be soon. 
  • Options
    I’m a bit confused.
    Jones was talking to the players on Wednesday, no timeline was given when lists would be announced
  • Options
    I’m a bit confused.
    I believe talks with out of contract players started Wednesday. 
    The list of released players will be announced when talks have ended. 
  • Options
    Ah……thanks all.👍
  • Options
    I’m a bit confused.
    The conversations happened yesterday. It doesn’t mean the club have to immediately put out a list afterwards.
    I wish they would make it snappy. I need to make a decision on my season ticket and waiting on this announcement before I do so. 
    Only 10 of the 24, actually 20 as the 4 play off teams won't announce for a while have released their retained list so far.

We're not the only ones to have not announced our list, yet.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I’m a bit confused.
    Jones was talking to the players on Wednesday, no timeline was given when lists would be announced
    If only talking to those they want to keep. It should have been out by tea time yesterday🤔
  • Options
    Sean Raggett released by Portsmouth, I know he is 30, but certainly passes the height test at 6'5", an ideal CB, and could prove an decent addition...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sean Raggett released by Portsmouth, I know he is 30, but certainly passes the height test at 6'5", an ideal CB, and could prove an decent addition...🤔
    View from Ian Darke (commentator, Pompey fan):  "Sad to hear Sean Raggett and Joe Rafferty are leaving Pompey . Club owes them an enormous debt of gratitude. Good signings for someone."

• Options
    We don't need a donkey at the back, we need a stallion
  • Options
    Are there any tough decisions on who to release this year? 

Other than Small, all of the below will leave surely.

Thierry Small, 
    Tyreeq Bakinson (his Wednesday contract expires this summer), 
    Connor Wickham, 
    Michael Hector,
    Panutche Camara (his Ipswich contract expires this summer), 
    Terell Thomas, 
    Lewis Ward, 
    Lucas Ness,
    George Dobson, 
    Jack Payne, 
    Diallang Jaiyesimi,
    Richard Chin. 

• Options
    Are there any tough decisions on who to release this year? 

Other than Small, all of the below will leave surely.

Thierry Small, 
    Tyreeq Bakinson (his Wednesday contract expires this summer), 
    Connor Wickham, 
    Michael Hector,
    Panutche Camara (his Ipswich contract expires this summer), 
    Terell Thomas, 
    Lewis Ward, 
    Lucas Ness,
    George Dobson, 
    Jack Payne, 
    Diallang Jaiyesimi,
    Richard Chin. 

Ness has already extended (though maybe will still leave) 

But I think there are arguments for keeping any of Hector, Thomas, Bakinson and Wickham. I wouldn’t be massively shocked if we kept one or two of them (definitely not all of them!) if Jones like them, but also wouldn’t be surprised if we released all of them
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour a retain list was written on the back of a fag packet?
  • Options
    MKD are in the L2 playoffs, but I imagine they'll sign Payne on a permanent, especially if they don't go up. 
  • Options
    edited May 2
    Hopefully we will hear soon about the retained list and then the fun and games on this thread will really begin.
  • Options
    Any truth in the rumour a retain list was written on the back of a fag packet?
    Nah it was a matchbox