Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Happier with Docherty than Dobson for that box to box role. Think he’s got a bit more going forward than Dobbo 
    Has Dobbo shot himself in the foot or what!
  • Fucking great signing that. Cov, Doc and Berry as a 3 has all the elements of greatness, let's get that keeper and some depth in and suddenly things looking much rosier 
    Think my only concern is physicality. It’s a great 3 though, but I hope the last piece of the midfield puzzle is a beast that we can use for those games where you need more of a physical presence 
  • I do like it when a signing comes out of the blue. 
    We want more, we want more 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Coventry holding with Berry and Docherty ahead of him is an excellent midfield. Maybe one more to come in there once Fraser goes?
  • Really quite pleased with that...
  • Squad is really starting to take shape now. I feel like we have a good core who will now have the whole of pre season together. I'm feeling quietly optimistic for the season ahead.   
  • Christ.............Gary Docherty's getting on a bit now isn't he. Can't we find any younger bods  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 5
    jakecafc said:
    CB, GK and a no 10 and we are flying.
    Do you think he will try out Fraser before getting a 10 in? I don't know why but for some reason I feel like he wants to train Campbell to play in that 10 role as well. I could be completely wrong but why keep him if he's going to play with wing banks instead of wingers.
  • Christ.............Gary Docherty's getting on a bit now isn't he. Can't we find any younger bods  :D
    I think we should have a look at the Golfieometer, to judge the current level of signings. 
  • Honestly think we may start with a three of Coventry, Doherty and Berry.
  • Any news re a keeper?
  • First preseason game there's normally a couple of trialists , wonder if that will be the case again 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    First preseason game there's normally a couple of trialists , wonder if that will be the case again 
    Anyone from Jones' locker past that he might be tempted to have another look at like Wickham and LuaLua?
  • Feels like the number 10/creative player may be a good option for a loan if we can't land a high-quality permanent? Someone of Rak-Sakyi's standard in that position would be ideal.
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    First preseason game there's normally a couple of trialists , wonder if that will be the case again 
    Anyone from Jones' locker past that he might be tempted to have another look at like Wickham and LuaLua?

No one that immediately sticks out from a quick glance at Luton, Southampton or Stokes released lists. Not sure what's going on with Bishop - suspect now we've signed Docherty that's a dead end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• jakecafc said:
    Feels so much better having all permanent signings aswell. Means we aren't panicking with loan signings towards the end of the window. Starting to get excited for the coming season and I've not felt that way for a long time with Charlton.
    Probably means next summer will be boring. Can't wait to see what everyone fights about
  • jakecafc said:
    fenaddick said:
    jakecafc said:
    Feels so much better having all permanent signings aswell. Means we aren't panicking with loan signings towards the end of the window. Starting to get excited for the coming season and I've not felt that way for a long time with Charlton.
    Probably means next summer will be boring. Can't wait to see what everyone fights about
    I'd take a boring summer next year because it would mean our signings worked out well. We need a bit of stability. 
    We will need to strengthen after promotion though :wink:  
  • CAFCBill said:
    jakecafc said:
    CB, GK and a no 10 and we are flying.
    Do you think he will try out Fraser before getting a 10 in? I don't know why but for some reason I feel like he wants to train Campbell to play in that 10 role as well. I could be completely wrong but why keep him if he's going to play with wing banks instead of wingers.
    NJ said he wanted Campbell to play in the middle, perhaps he meant midfield
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!