Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Any news re a keeper?
    NJ said he could not get the ones he wanted and there is no hurry to get another one
  • Feeling Dobson will go to Birmingham 
  • I'd say that's a very decent chunk of our business done before the first pre-season game and also the bonding trip abroad.

still expect 2/3 more (Keeper and CB) but the nucleus of the squad looks to be in place 

looks from the outside that NJ has been allowed to have the final say and has been backed

feeling a bit optimistic now....
  • So maybe 3-4 more in.

5 out (be interesting to see who misses the Slovenia trip).

Plus some new kids in
  • I wouldn’t be surprised to find Dan Potts rehabbing with us, not sure he is fit enough for a contract. The other late addition might Fred Onyedimna as a utility forward/ midfield/ wing back, and possibly Cameron McGeehan, midfielder from Colchester who has a bit of a tangential career with 3yrs in Belgium 
    Richard Cawley ruled out Potts a while so that one seems unlikely.
  • At this point I reckon Jones would see Edun more as a central midfielder than a LWB
  • Sponsored links:

• So maybe 3-4 more in.

Plus some new kids in
    Believe Jones said he wanted 9, so probs expect 2 more depending on outgoings. Know he wanted a smaller squad though. 
  • Coventry was Dobson replacement but Dobson is a level above I’d get Dobson back and move Coventry on. 
    I thought no more before Slovenia - thrilled with the surprise and quality of this one.
  • Nice that we can think of loan signings as being the icing on the cake, rather than essentials to fill in gaping holes in the squad.
    Correct and how it should be.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised to find Dan Potts rehabbing with us, not sure he is fit enough for a contract. The other late addition might Fred Onyedimna as a utility forward/ midfield/ wing back, and possibly Cameron McGeehan, midfielder from Colchester who has a bit of a tangential career with 3yrs in Belgium 
    I think McGeehan has peaked after a bad injury. 
  • Ferryman said:
    I wouldn’t be surprised to find Dan Potts rehabbing with us, not sure he is fit enough for a contract. The other late addition might Fred Onyedimna as a utility forward/ midfield/ wing back, and possibly Cameron McGeehan, midfielder from Colchester who has a bit of a tangential career with 3yrs in Belgium 
    I think McGeehan has peaked after a bad injury. 

Just gone to Northampton too. 
  • Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:
    So maybe 3-4 more in.

Plus some new kids in
    Believe Jones said he wanted 9, so probs expect 2 more depending on outgoings. Know he wanted a smaller squad though. 
    He did, but that was before May left so I wonder if he wants 3 more. A GK is a definite, I would imagine the others are a CB (left sided?) and another midfielder (will be interesting to see what type of we do bring another in).
    Good point. I'd say the positions you've mentioned are about right too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally wouldn’t mind if we got a loan keeper in, likely to be better quality than any perm keeper we could get and longer term hopefully mannion will be a start in next couple of seasons.
    Not a bad shout this. 
  • I'm particularly encouraged that we seem to have gone back to looking at how players fit into the team as personalities and characters as well as just their on pitch skills.

Based on previous club comments they all seem to fit Jones' preferred mould of being physically competitive and up for a bit of graft and not Kirk/Fraser type style-over-substance players.

Jones system works best if all the players really buy into it and we seem to be recruiting for exactly that.
  • Redhenry said:
    Keeper and another first choice CM, then I'm more than happy
    Think we need a couple of wingers to mix it up when the narrow formation isn't working too, but we aren't far off
  • Dobson's off to Wrexham according to the other site.
  • I think we could be done for midfielders, it depends on how Nathan Jones wants to use Tyreece Campbell.

If we assume that Fraser is off and he wants to go 5-3-2:

CDM: Coventry/Taylor

CMs: Berry, Docherty, Anderson, Campbell (and I'd also add Edun to this, as he won't be getting in at left-back ahead of Edwards or Small)
  • Great window so far. Here’s hoping we steer clear of injuries in pre season and generally.
    Will Abbott was an important signing on that score.
    cant fault the way this ownership are going about things 
  • To those asking a few days ago about not having the players in before the start of pre season and not spending any money, how do you feel now? Still feel like it's not enough, or are some of your concerns eased by the latest 3 incomings?
  • I'd be surprised if Edun stays. I know he started out as a CM at Fulham but I'd think he'd be one they'd look to shift 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!