Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I'd definitely give Zach preseason to see what he can do and then make a decision, I do think going and playing consistently would be the best thing for him especially if we are still looking at CB. 
  • edited July 5
    Anderson
    Berry
    Taylor
    Coventry

Are we really heading into the season with this set of midfielders + one more... (And that possibly being Bishop). This looks weak.
  • Chunes said:
    Anderson
    Berry
    Taylor
    Coventry

Are we really heading into the season with this set of midfielders + one more... (And that possibly being Bishop). This looks weak.
    No we're not, we're heading into preseason with that as the midfield, as I said before I reckon 2 more will come in, especially when Fraser and Henry get shifted on
  • edited July 5
    Waiting to see if he plays any of the players tomorrow thought to be surplus. Rumour has it that he wants to take another look at Fraser. We shall see. 
  • Waiting to see if he plays any of the players thought to be surplus. Rumour has it that he wants to take another look at Fraser. We shall see. 
    Maybe even Edun given game time in midfield. It’s very unlikely we will see him at wing back this year so I can’t see any harm in home having a run out
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Edmund Brack rarely mentioned Charlton before when Cawley was away
  • I feel as if @richcawleySLP has deserted us - poor Edmund ! YannTheMann said:
    Scoham said:
    Brace yourself Edmund, Charlton fans will be tweeting you hourly to ask for updates 

• Edmund Brack-up
  • edited July 5
    Chunes said:
    Anderson
    Berry
    Taylor
    Coventry

Well, we obviously won't be... 
    Shakes head
  • We need two more midfielders

maybe 1 perm 1 loan
  • Waiting to see if he plays any of the players tomorrow thought to be surplus. Rumour has it that he wants to take another look at Fraser. We shall see. 
    Said that few days back but got shouted down that Jones wanted to look at Fraser 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    I'm actually not devastated to not be getting Dobson back. He's a good player, very good at what he does and Jones helped him show that he can be more than just a tackling ruiner. However, I wasn't super excited about a midfield of Coventry, Berry and Dobson. A little bit too samey, not enough spark and pace in there. Assuming Berry is playing as the most advanced midfielder I'd rather have a quick, dynamic and creative midfielder behind him who is happy to put his foot in than a player who is defensive first and plays after that. It's not an anti-Dobson thing, it's about balance. We need two midfielders and whoever we get in that spot might end up being one of the most important pieces of the puzzle
    The player you are describing is Dobson under NJ. Some of his assists, attacking play and the goal in his final home game were excellent.

I really hope Coventry does not prove to be a lightweight passenger. Billed as being a set piece Guru to controlling the midfield. We didn't see much of either in his 17 appearances. 
    And he can't tackle so can't be the defensive mid.
  • Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm actually not devastated to not be getting Dobson back. He's a good player, very good at what he does and Jones helped him show that he can be more than just a tackling ruiner. However, I wasn't super excited about a midfield of Coventry, Berry and Dobson. A little bit too samey, not enough spark and pace in there. Assuming Berry is playing as the most advanced midfielder I'd rather have a quick, dynamic and creative midfielder behind him who is happy to put his foot in than a player who is defensive first and plays after that. It's not an anti-Dobson thing, it's about balance. We need two midfielders and whoever we get in that spot might end up being one of the most important pieces of the puzzle
    The player you are describing is Dobson under NJ. Some of his assists, attacking play and the goal in his final home game were excellent.

I really hope Coventry does not prove to be a lightweight passenger. Billed as being a set piece Guru to controlling the midfield. We didn't see much of either in his 17 appearances. 
    And he can't tackle so can't be the defensive mid.
    Why the constant digs at Coventry's ability to tackle? So tiresome 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Maybe they might have pushed one though.. let’s see! 
    Any idea on position? 
  • fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Any idea on position? 
    Much needed area 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Any idea on position? 
    Much needed area 
    My guess would be midfield then, probably Bishop if he's been on trial
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!