Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• colthe3rd said:
    I've not been following every page so apologies but has Teddy Bishop been mentioned at all?
    17 years with Ipswich before joining Lincoln. Sometimes it seems like we are fishing in a small pond.
    Fingers crossed he has played for Swindon too...
  • I understand it is unlikely that Dobson will be coming back. Both sides moved on now. 
    Shame, the way it happened.
  • edited July 5
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Don't think we will see anymore in until we get back from Solvenia now, unless we have to move quickly!

All we need now is 2 CM's and a couple of so called game changers! 
  • Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Don't think we will see anymore in until we get back from Solvenia now, unless we have to move quickly!

And a keeper?
    Was about to type the same, scrolled down and you'd done it for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 5
    Keeper and midfielder will be in before season starts. Not sure on whether there is money for a another striker. Maybe January if we have the usual injuries or the pairings haven't worked out. 
  • No point in yet another striker, we have 5 of them already.

Midfield we only have Anderson, Berry, Coventry, Fraser, Henry, Taylor. I suspect Fraser will move on and Henry will go back out on loan/move on too. If we're playing 3 midfielders we need minimum 2 more.

Centre back we currently have Edmonds-Green, Gillesphey, Jones, A Mitchell, Z.Mitchell, Ness, again I think one needs to leave for us to sign another, whether that's Ness permanently or Z Mitchell out on loan remains to be seen. If it's true that Edwards is also comfortable there we might not see any more signings unless 2 move on

Keeper we have 3 senior keepers on the books, again I imagine we have to confirm outgoings now
  • Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

And a keeper?
    yes
  • Keeper and midfielder will be in before season starts. Not sure on whether there is money for a another striker. Maybe January if we have the usual injuries or the pairings haven't worked out. 
    I’d say we’re set for strikers now, least of our worries certainly.
    Especially as we have Casey and Mbick pushing on and should be on the bench for a few games (if not loaned out).
  • mendonca said:
    I'm actually not devastated to not be getting Dobson back. He's a good player, very good at what he does and Jones helped him show that he can be more than just a tackling ruiner. However, I wasn't super excited about a midfield of Coventry, Berry and Dobson. A little bit too samey, not enough spark and pace in there. Assuming Berry is playing as the most advanced midfielder I'd rather have a quick, dynamic and creative midfielder behind him who is happy to put his foot in than a player who is defensive first and plays after that. It's not an anti-Dobson thing, it's about balance. We need two midfielders and whoever we get in that spot might end up being one of the most important pieces of the puzzle
    The player you are describing is Dobson under NJ. Some of his assists, attacking play and the goal in his final home game were excellent.

I really hope Coventry does not prove to be a lightweight passenger. Billed as being a set piece Guru to controlling the midfield. We didn't see much of either in his 17 appearances. 
    He was certainly getting there but I don't think he's quite good enough in the more dynamic role yet to consistently offset his poor partnership with Coventry. They just didn't gel well and Dobson was often looking to cross from deeper areas and I think that's the sort of space that Coventry wants to operate in. We need a player in the midfield to drive with the ball more and create space for Coventry with high pressing rather than occupying it. A bit more pace would be nice too
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if NJ experiments with Z.Mitchell in defensive midfield in a friendly or two - certainly has the attributes and would add some needed bite to our midfield.
    That's a good shout actually. Has the pedigree but doesn't result in a direct goal through any mistakes like it probably would at CB.
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if NJ experiments with Z.Mitchell in defensive midfield in a friendly or two - certainly has the attributes and would add some needed bite to our midfield.
    Can see that happening in the friendlies, but being a natural defender it would only make adding attacking quality and pace to our midfield even more important. We can’t have Berry as the only goal threat in midfield. Anderson’s got the potential to do it, but that should be a bonus if it happens rather than something we need to happen.

I’d like to think we’re after two midfielders rather than only one, even adding Mitchell and Campbell as options it feels like we’re missing a couple of proven players and the right balance.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    No point in yet another striker, we have 5 of them already.

Midfield we only have Anderson, Berry, Coventry, Fraser, Henry, Taylor. I suspect Fraser will move on and Henry will go back out on loan/move on too. If we're playing 3 midfielders we need minimum 2 more.

Centre back we currently have Edmonds-Green, Gillesphey, Jones, A Mitchell, Z.Mitchell, Ness, again I think one needs to leave for us to sign another, whether that's Ness permanently or Z Mitchell out on loan remains to be seen. If it's true that Edwards is also comfortable there we might not see any more signings unless 2 move on

Keeper we have 3 senior keepers on the books, again I imagine we have to confirm outgoings now
    Not sure to be honest, if we play a back 3 we have a replacement in each one. Agree though if its back 2 then maybe one too many but it may be a case of keep them all to prove themself and if one hasnt been making squad come Jan then part ways ?
  • Bialkowski is a good shout for keeper. Even on a one year deal. 
  • Bialkowski is a good shout for keeper. Even on a one year deal. 
    Wonder if Millwall might re-sign him themselves, given how they've sadly been forced into signing a new Goalkeeper
  • "Now been told that Jesse Costa, Canada's U20 captain, has been training with #cafc - but with their U21s.

Apologies for the original tweet that he hasn't been."

- Cawley 
    He comes from Canada,
    He f***ing hates...

Ah, no, doesn't work.
  • "Now been told that Jesse Costa, Canada's U20 captain, has been training with #cafc - but with their U21s.

Apologies for the original tweet that he hasn't been."

- Cawley 
    He comes from Canada,
    He f***ing hates...

Ah, no, doesn't work.
    Eligible for Portugal would work though...
  • edited July 5
    Wouldn’t be surprised if NJ experiments with Z.Mitchell in defensive midfield in a friendly or two - certainly has the attributes and would add some needed bite to our midfield.
    Always worries me seeing this in preseason friendlies. It's a time that you can look fantastic, carry this form into a few league games, then tail off. I hope Zach gets some games this season but only if he is hungry and stands out. 

Charlie Barker, Deji Elewere, Aaron Henry, Charles Claydon, Richard Chin all looked like very good and 'ready' if judging preseason walkabouts with little pressing.
  • mendonca said:
    Wouldn’t be surprised if NJ experiments with Z.Mitchell in defensive midfield in a friendly or two - certainly has the attributes and would add some needed bite to our midfield.
    Always worries me seeing this in preseason friendlies. It's a time that you can look fantastic, carry this form into a few league games, then tail off. I hope Zach gets some games this season but only if he is hungry and stands out. 

Charlie Barker, Deji Elewere, Aaron Henry, Charles Claydon, Richard Chin all looked like very good and 'ready' if judging preseason walkabouts with little pressing.

I can remember Joe Piggott looking like an absolute world beater upfront with Yann one year at Welling away :( 
  • mendonca said:

Agree but the good thing is he had a solid half season or so of L2 football, which is more than any of them have achieved. Was only dropped after they changed manager which isn’t necessarily a lack of ability.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!