Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Southbank said:
    JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

Makes pretty depressing reading. 

It’s going to take a lot of good signings to shift those odds. 

Why grim? 16s looks like a good bet to me. The bookies are only looking at the current squad remember.
    Depressing reading is the league table. I don’t see why we should be 9th favourites when we finished 16th last season. Even the bookies have skewed vision due to our past.
  • Haven't seen this mentioned
  • If true (big if) would presumably be on loan, which does go a bit against Jones stated preferences. On the other hand if he really can step into that CBT/JRS role then it would be a definite bonus.
  • edited June 4
    Jones does like playing wingers (particularly at home + as an option to change things off the bench). Hence…his call to resign Tyreece Campbell & bring in Lua Lua.

We just didn’t see it much last season because Lua Lua was a disaster.
  • thenewbie said:
    If true (big if) would presumably be on loan, which does go a bit against Jones stated preferences. On the other hand if he really can step into that CBT/JRS role then it would be a definite bonus.
    Seems he’s out of contract so would be permanent if true.

However that account was created in April and has 18 followers. 
  • Exciting deal if it happened, hasn't really worked out for him in Senior Football so far, but he won the Man Utd Young Player of the Year award back in 2020/21, which was won by Garnacho and then Mainoo in the following years.
  • Shoretire would be some signing can't see it happening though but would be pleasantly surprised.
  • JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

These are the odds to win the title not for promotion. Our odds for promotion are around 6/1 
    What were the odds at the beginning of our worst season in the club's history (position wise)? 
  • This is the kind of rumour I always think comes from lads who play Football Manager and then stick it up as a ‘legitimate’ rumour. 

All that said, it would be a positive signing if it was true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems we are at the shola unshoretire stage at the moment then.
  • edited June 4
    More chance of us signing Shola Ameobi I reckon
  • One day, one of these tweets will be proved correct, because it's a relatively new account and he has had few followers, doesn't mean it is not legitimate, the guy has to start somewhere.
    Be good if it was true though...👍
  • One day, one of these tweets will be proved correct, because it's a relatively new account and he has had few followers, doesn't mean it is not legitimate, the guy has to start somewhere.
    Be good if it was true though...👍
    They might get one right by actual knowledge because their cousin's friend went to school with a player but other than that they're just hunting for engagement. Others will be a fluke because they pump out so many.
  • JamesSeed said:

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

These are the odds to win the title not for promotion. Our odds for promotion are around 6/1 
    What were the odds at the beginning of our worst season in the club's history (position wise)? 

Doubt we still have the odds from 1926 available
  • cafc4life said:
    More chance of us signing Shola Ameobi I reckon
    Shola Ama I reckon!
  • mart77 said:
    This is the kind of rumour I always think comes from lads who play Football Manager and then stick it up as a ‘legitimate’ rumour. 

Funny you should say that, this is literally a transfer I made on Football Manager for us. Turned out pretty well so fingers crossed
  • edited June 4
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    This is the kind of rumour I always think comes from lads who play Football Manager and then stick it up as a ‘legitimate’ rumour. 

Funny you should say that, this is literally a transfer I made on Football Manager for us. Turned out pretty well so fingers crossed
    You have to work very hard to find a Football Manager player who hasn't signed Shoretire or John-Jules at some point in their career. Before that it was Bielik and McEachran every year
  • cfgs said:
    Haven't seen this mentioned
    The poster has 19 followers and didn't spell his surname, Shoretire, correctly.
    More like a Shola FISH...
  • cfgs said:
    Haven't seen this mentioned
    The poster has 19 followers and didn't spell his surname, Shoretire, correctly.
    More like a Shola FISH...
    FEEEESH!!...🙄
  • MrBurns said:
    I know it's early days but anyone get the feeling we'll be players short for the start of pre season? 
    I think I have accepted this is likely to be case, it's absolutely not uncommon for a club at our level to not have all of our ducks in a row by the first day back, Rotherham are an exception not the rule, just wish we wouldn't say it and create expectations (I am not so naive that I can't see it is a thinly veiled attempt to drive more season ticket sales) 
  • MrBurns said:
    I know it's early days but anyone get the feeling we'll be players short for the start of pre season? 
    Not unless we move on some of the unwanted players without signing anyone. We still have a fairly big squad compared to the same time in previous years.

Saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the unwanted players don’t join us for preseason.
  • Many still on holiday 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!