Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• WHAddick said:
    cafc4life said:
    More chance of us signing Shola Ameobi I reckon
    Shola Ama I reckon!
    Imagine
  • I spent a bit of time last night, bored and clicking on other L1 clubs forums. 

It's amazing how many L1 clubs (Bolton, Birmingham, Wrexham to name a few), are not worried about not signing players as their clubs are shopping in a different market to the bob average L1 market Rotherham have got their players from and these other clubs all are going to buy players ready to play in the Championship, not ones just to get them there.
    Bold statement, sure one that every club would like to achieve, but at  the same time pie in the sky, we've all been there haven't we...
  • ross1 said:
    Many still on holiday 
    Several will still be on holiday mentally when they report back. .... Just like last season.
  • I spent a bit of time last night, bored and clicking on other L1 clubs forums. 

It's amazing how many L1 clubs (Bolton, Birmingham, Wrexham to name a few), are not worried about not signing players as their clubs are shopping in a different market to the bob average L1 market Rotherham have got their players from and these other clubs all are going to buy players ready to play in the Championship, not ones just to get them there.
    Other clubs have a lot less to do than we do to be promoted. 

Birmingham don’t even have a manager yet so are definitely behind in their preparation but their squad is a lot nearer to a promotion winning one than ours is. 

Bolton will keep most of their squad from last season together so will probably be looking to just add a few bits of quality to it. They won’t be in a massive rush as they don’t need to do a lot. 

Most of the time, getting most of your squad in place early is very helpful in being successful. Look at Pompey last season 

We aren’t at panic stations yet, and the season actually starts a week later than usual due to the euros so that gives us a little more time. Would expect pre-season to begin 1st July or maybe the back end of the week before, so by that time I’d really hope we have signed 4 or 5 players, so then we’d just need to top that up with another 3 or 4 in July/August 
  • MrBurns said:
    I know it's early days but anyone get the feeling we'll be players short for the start of pre season? 
    Every team will be short at pre season .. lot of player’s especially premiership loans don’t become available till the last few weeks of the window … 
  • MrBurns said:
    I know it's early days but anyone get the feeling we'll be players short for the start of pre season? 
    Try being Morecambe
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    MrBurns said:
    Players don't report back for another month. I don't think alarm bells need to start ringing until at least then.
    Thought it was around 20th June. First pre season 6th July isn’t it?
  • Nathan going to be busy one would have thought.😂
  • One day, one of these tweets will be proved correct, because it's a relatively new account and he has had few followers, doesn't mean it is not legitimate, the guy has to start somewhere.
    Be good if it was true though...👍

A broken clock is right twice a day remember.
  • One day, one of these tweets will be proved correct, because it's a relatively new account and he has had few followers, doesn't mean it is not legitimate, the guy has to start somewhere.

• WHAddick said:
    ross1 said:
    Many still on holiday 
    Several will still be on holiday mentally when they report back. .... Just like last season.
    Some will be on holiday through most of the season, if our sickness record remains. 

A stopped clock. 
  • JamesSeed said:

Every year I lose money backing Charlton for promotion, barring 2019) so I thought I’d avoid having a bet this year. But couldn’t resist a peek at the odds. They make fairly grim reading.   

Latest Paddy Power odds:

Birmingham 3/1

Bolton 8/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Wrexham 11/1

Peterborough 12/1

Rotherham 12/1

Reading 14/1

Barnsley 14/1

Charlton 16/1

Stockport 18/1

Makes pretty depressing reading. 

It’s going to take a lot of good signings to shift those odds. 

I've had a nibble at 16s..  I really think we'll have a good go this/next season.  Jones will be backed, I'm sure of it.

16/1 is much bigger than I was expecting 
    We were 14/1 the summer Powell worked his pre-season miracle I had a few quids on that😊
  • Painfully quiet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    One day, one of these tweets will be proved correct, because it's a relatively new account and he has had few followers, doesn't mean it is not legitimate, the guy has to start somewhere.

A stopped clock. 
    A clock without batteries.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Since there’s no rumours, just came on to say I’m buzzing to have Terry Taylor back for the coming season, will be like a new signing
    I read that as Terry Naylor.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Since there’s no rumours, just came on to say I’m buzzing to have Terry Taylor back for the coming season, will be like a new signing
    I read that as Terry Naylor.
    Now that WOULD feel like a new signing, getting on a bit now, but could do a job as a squad full back I reckon...🙄
  • Schrodingers clock.
  • Yann897 said:
    First signing ?
    🚨 A RUMOUR 🚨
  • Not a new name but sounds closer than when it came up beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!