Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Serbia Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Your score predictions? Line up predictions?

Rumours in recent days that Trent Alexander-Arnold will start in midfield next to Declan Rice.

Luke Shaw also participated in training with the squad on the eve of the game but likely still too early for him to play any minutes against Serbia.

Comments

• I can’t call this one, either a 3-0 England win, or a drab 0-0  / 1-1 draw, depends which England turns up.
  • I didn't like the draw when it was announced... I won't be surprised if we at the receiving end of a few surprises - Serbia haven't made life for Brazil in recent World Cups so shouldn't take them lightly

Equally given the England we've been able to enjoy in recent Tournaments, I won't be surprised by a relatively comfortable 2-0 win
  • C'mon England

• 2-0 England
    Kane, Stones
  • A 1-0 England kane pen get over the line and 3 points without an exciting performance Mitrivic booked 
  •          Pickford
    walker stones guehi trippier
       Rice  TAA/Mainoo
    Saka Bellingham Foden
              Kane 
  • Germany showed how to play if you want to keep the focus away from your defence (obviously helped how poor Scotland were), we have the players for that style too. 

Strong attacking football with the front 3 constantly on the heels of defenders as soon as they receive the ball. Defenders then getting rid of the ball too quickly under pressure, with short pass picked up by midfield and long balls easily collected by the back.
  • Bit of a scare but then a 2-1 win, Saka and Kane.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-1, Bellingham injured in the first minute by a horror tackle that goes unpunished, Kane sent off following a face-clutching dive by one of the Serbs where no contact is made. VAR ignore both. Southgate punches the fourth official, and gets banned for life.    
    Someone's not got his happy face on today!
  • Comfortable 3-0 England win……
  • 1-1, Bellingham injured in the first minute by a horror tackle that goes unpunished, Kane sent off following a face-clutching dive by one of the Serbs where no contact is made. VAR ignore both. Southgate punches the fourth official, and gets banned for life.    
    SCP called up to takeover and England go on to win Euro2024 comfortably 
  •                   Pickford 
     Walker Stones Guehi Trippier 
                     TAA Rice
      Saka Bellingham Foden
                       Kane

Saka, Bellingham and Foden interchanging like some sort of English ballet masterpiece leaves all teary eyed at it's majesty as we secure a 5th minute 1-0 win.

• Off_it said:
    1-1, Bellingham injured in the first minute by a horror tackle that goes unpunished, Kane sent off following a face-clutching dive by one of the Serbs where no contact is made. VAR ignore both. Southgate punches the fourth official, and gets banned for life.    
    Someone's not got his happy face on today!

If I start like this, then things can only improve, D... 
  • Predicted a 2-0 win on super 6 but the more I think about it I can see us conceding so I'll go with a 2-1 win. Kane x2.
  • Start as we mean to go on. Attack the life out of them.
  • Think it will be a cagey opening game 
    0-0 or 1-1 
  • I will go for a 5-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
  • 1-1. Serbia to take the lead. Not confident at all for this tournament.

• Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
    When did Jones buy them? 

Oops it’s not the rumours thread 🤣
    I think it will work quite well.

Expect a fairly comfortable win for England, I’ll go 2-0.
  • Good Serbian mate of mine is a football junkie. He's a bit scarred by years of talk of "golden generations" who completely underperform on the big stage, but he's very pessimistic about this team. Thinks Mitrovic is not all that, especially at his age, in a European context (and after all, Pearcey was able to go toe to toe with him for 95mins when he was in his prime at Fulham), and there's no one else up front to provide a potent goal threat. No real golden youngsters to rave about. And perhaps most importantly he says no one in Serbia is talking them up this time. They ought to be as good as Croatia but they have been way behind for years. That's the difference, Croatia believe because they've got the track record to prove it, embodied by Luka Modric.  Serbia don't.

Of course, we know all about England under-rating lesser known opposition but I really don't think that's the case with Southgate and co. I still wouldn't dare to predict, but if we don't win, that would be a poor result.
  • It will either be a City of Troy performance in the 2000 guineas or City of Troy performance in the Derby,🤔🐎

Only 8 of the 24 teams won't be in the round of 16 so what ever the result we will do fine over the 3 group games.

1-1 and OTT comments will go crazy as if the horse has bolted.
  • se9addick said:
    Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
    I think it will work quite well.

Expect a fairly comfortable win for England, I’ll go 2-0.
    Played in the role against Bosnia and did alright. Would've liked to have seen Trent playing DM in the recent friendlies if that was what we were going to do in the Tournament opener. 
  • For once I’m looking forward to this game will it be the dawn of a new approach that has been hinted at ? Where we play to our strengths? Or if we go 1 up after 5 mins will we revert back to type and put Bellingham and foden into a defensive back 5 to try and see the game out 😂 
  • Comfortable 3-0 win. 
  • edited June 16
    For some reason, never really got into international footie, just seems so boring and not connected, which is quite something to say after watching Charlton for 56 years...🙄
    Still, wish us all the best of course, we will no doubt win today, maybe 2-1, but again we will probably fail ultimately as per...