Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Serbia Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
    I think it will work quite well.

Expect a fairly comfortable win for England, I’ll go 2-0.
    Played in the role against Bosnia and did alright. Would've liked to have seen Trent playing DM in the recent friendlies if that was what we were going to do in the Tournament opener. 
    He will change it against different opposition levels, so I think the game against Bosnia was fine. Taa wont be playing that role as the tournament goes on and expect Gallaghers pressing energy to come in.
  • edited June 16
    Im exprcting for us to start lively, don’t let them settle or grow in confidence. Hoping for a 2-0 win.
  • England 2-1 winners .. Serbia are not to be taken lightly, the game will need a strong referee, the Serbs have always been an 'aggressive' team, and that is being polite about them. 
  • Watching with a group of Serbians and Yanks, so we better bloody win. 
  • England 2-1 winners .. Serbia are not to be taken lightly, the game will need a strong referee, the Serbs have always been an 'aggressive' team, and that is being polite about them. 
    Expecting a repeat of the referee that we had against Brazil then - We'll get hacked to pieces, with everything let go, Bellingham will do it once and be straight on a booking
  • Needs to a covincing perfomance and I'm hoping for 2-0 England.
  • 2-0 England. A 90 minute stroll in the sunshine with Europe getting the occasional glimpse of one of the best midfields in the world. 
    It’s englands cup to lose. 
    I might modify my views as the tournament goes on. 
  • se9addick said:
    Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
    I think it will work quite well.

Expect a fairly comfortable win for England, I’ll go 2-0.
    Played in the role against Bosnia and did alright. Would've liked to have seen Trent playing DM in the recent friendlies if that was what we were going to do in the Tournament opener. 
    Yeah that’s what I was thinking about, some of his passing was beautiful. Not sure if it would work against some of the better teams later on in the tournament but should be effective at this stage. 
  • We win comfortably 
    but if we lose we can always point to how Argentina lost the first game of the World Cup before going on to win it 
    just like when we have a shit start in league one we can say Oxford had a shit start and still made the play offs blah blah blah 
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy 4-0 win.

(For England)
  • 3-0 win . Kane , Foden and Rice 
  • I expect a rather uneventful game that England will win by the odd goal.
    But we will improve as the competition goes on and reach the final 
  • How have we done in games when Rice and Trent have started together in midfield ? 
  • Have you all seen the 3 Paddy Power videos of England supporters; hilarious and so Accurate 😂
  • I’m bricking it!
    How is it only 1pm?
    I’m going to be a complete wreck come kick off.
    Now I remember why I always went to Lesvos during tournaments 🫣😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
  • Not one shot on goal yet, Southgate out!
  • I’m bricking it!
    How is it only 1pm?

...Chill...it's only a game of footie...🍺🍺🍺
  • I’m bricking it!
    How is it only 1pm?

...Chill...it's only a game of footie...🍺🍺🍺
    😳
    Nope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Struggle to a 2-1 win.  Nervy start.  We usually do well/OK in the group stages and completely bottle it in the knockout stage...afraid I just cannot see us winning the tournament.
  • 2-0 England 
  • CafcWest said:
    Struggle to a 2-1 win.  Nervy start.  We usually do well/OK in the group stages and completely bottle it in the knockout stage...afraid I just cannot see us winning the tournament.

There was me thinking we had reached semi final and final of WC's and Euros in recent tournaments 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I'd love to see England win it..but (as the bank's say) past performance is no indication of future performance.  Who really knows I just think we seem to have a bit of a habit of failing (under pressure) at the final hurdle...
  • 3-1 after an early scare!
  • Lots of goals in this tournament so far, and Serbia play football more like a basketball game, they may change their approach for us, but if they don’t this could play right into our hands.

They also have a huge threat of set pieces and crosses, they put in so many crosses and with potentially playing against a front two of Mitrovic and Vlahovic, our defence has to be playing at a high level to keep them out as well.

I am going for a high scoring game, 4-2 win.

Kane x2
    Saka
    Bellingham
  • edited June 16
    Just need a nice comfortable 2-0 win in 3rd gear. Professional job, get the ball rolling, settle any lingering doubts from the Iceland match, save some energy for, hopefully, bigger games to come. No need to blow anyone away at this stage. 

This is England, though, so don’t be surprised if we’re 1-0 down at half time and have to battle back unconvincingly second half. Even then a win will be a win. 
  • Rumours that it'll be a Trent and Rice midfield two. Not sure how I feel about that. 
    Would prefer Gallaghe myself. But trent probably 2nd choice. 

Need someone like that in there to give the attackers the freedom they need. 

Trents passing will be useful in there as well.
  • This is a game that the likes of Foden should dominate today, so if he doesn't I don't really see a place for him in the starting eleven going forward.