Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Serbia Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Piss off referee... You cant have a go at Stones for kicking the ball away, when you've ignored Serbia kicking lumps out of us
  • God this memory thing is starting to get to me, or we have too much player churn.
  • Hal1x said:
    God this memory thing is starting to get to me, or we have too much player churn.
    The latter I think. I don't remember him at all, but my memory isn't that great either :)

• John Stones been a bit of a liability today. 
  • Decent enough first half, but this has 1-1 written all over it if we don't get the second goal.
  • Phew... We need another goal, as Serbia are like a small yapping dog, that cant be ignored
  • Bellingham looks like the most Zidane player since Zidane. He’s amazing.
    Looks rusty, think he should grow into to the tournament as he gets match sharpness back.
  • I do enjoy that England come with a comedy defence though. They’re basically Spain ‘08 going forward and Scotland ‘24 at the back!
  • Fairly comfortable so far but the warning signs are there. Bellingham is something else. Unbelievable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty poor the last 10 minutes there. Need to get Kane into the game more, he's been a passenger out there. Belllingham has been everywhere, Saka has been good too.
    Looks rusty, think he should grow into to the tournament as he gets match sharpness back.
    Definitely- think I read that he has played 1 full game in 3 months. 
  • Need an early goal second half to settle the nerves that were starting to come in at the end of that half 
  • Bellingham ain't lasting the tournament with this treatment
    This is typical Serbia - most important, after the three points, is to get to the end of 90 minutes without any niggly injuries.
  • se9addick said:
    I do enjoy that England come with a comedy defence though. They’re basically Spain ‘08 going forward and Scotland ‘24 at the back!
    We ain't that bad. I'd say Charlton '23
  • Guehi’s first half: 100% pass success, 100% tackle success…
    He had one moment where he broke out of defence to challenge for a ball, didnt look as though he won the ball as Serbia came away with it.

What I liked though was that Rice had instantly dropped back, and intercepted the next pass.
  • He was class as a 16 year old scoring against for Birmingham. He is just cool and relaxed and calm. The majority of the time, the treatment he is getting, he is just getting up and playing his game. Unbelievable player. If only we had good defenders, this would be a very good England side. At the moment we are playing well with the ball  and counter attack. 
  • Guehi’s first half: 100% pass success, 100% tackle success…
    He had one moment where he broke out of defence to challenge for a ball, didnt look as though he won the ball as Serbia came away with it.

What I liked though was that Rice had instantly dropped back, and intercepted the next pass.
    Yea, the sort of challenge that you can overstretch and get wrong resulting in a red. Luckily he didn't get full bloodied.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 16
    Probably had a few too many drinks to make any kind of assessment on the performance, but Bellingham looks so confident. Got the kind of arrogance on the ball you usually see from other Europeans.

Also, remember when people said England couldn't pass? What a distant memory
  • Think Foden is still a bit of an enigma. Would we look like a better side with a proper left winger? 

Saka is having loads of joy down the right and seems the left is a bit stunted in comparison. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    I’m old so someone needs to explain Joe Harts tats to me…
    Love the fact they'd turned him around now to stop them being all anyone notices.
  • Fumbluff said:
    I’m old so someone needs to explain Joe Harts tats to me…
    Love the fact they'd turned him around now to stop them being all anyone notices.
    It’s thin stripes on this side. 
    I wonder if it means something in fucking barcode or something..?
  • Think Foden is still a bit of an enigma. Would we look like a better side with a proper left winger? 

Saka is having loads of joy down the right and seems the left is a bit stunted in comparison.

Having tripier behind him doesn't help

I dunno.. I think it's about balance. With kane playing further up the pitch Foden has been given the freedom to roam where he wants in that space and it is causing problems. You don't need an out and out winger going on the outside on both sides. Of course if we had a left footed overlapping fullback on that side, like Shaw rather than Trippier who is always gonna come inside, it would make a difference.

I dunno.. I think it's about balance. With kane playing further up the pitch Foden has been given the freedom to roam where he wants in that space and it is causing problems. You don't need an out and out winger going on the outside on both sides. Of course if we had a left footed overlapping fullback on that side, like Shaw rather than Trippier who is always gonna come inside, it would make a difference.
    And that would be fine if I felt like Foden was having an impact on the game, but I don't think he is. 
  • edited June 16
    Stones getting the call from Guehi there, ignoring him, then heading it up in the air and having to chase it to head it again, is the type of stuff that gives me jitters when watching England
  • I'll never understand the hype around Alexander Arnold playing in the middle of the park
  • I've seen enough now to get Stones off this pitch.