Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Serbia Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Worst game of the tournament by far
  • Got to stop SMS getting on the ball for Serbia, he's the type of player that could unlock our defence. 

The Serbs have pushed up a lot more this half
  • I've seen enough now to get Stones off this pitch. 
    For who?
  • I'll never understand the hype around Alexander Arnold playing in the middle of the park
    I'd bring Wharton on.
  • I've seen enough now to get Stones off this pitch. 
    For who?
    Konsa
  • Hope I’m wrong but this has 1-1 written all over it 
  • Moments where we've looked good others we've looked like Charlton. Not a patch on the performances of Spain and Germany so far. 
  • edited June 16
    More Charltonesque as the game goes on
  • I'll never understand the hype around Alexander Arnold playing in the middle of the park
    Exactly this. Im sorry but he has been awful all game. Serbian manager has made a tactical change and Southgate just looks like hes waiting for them to equalise
  • Sponsored links:

• Speaking of ex-Charlton players, I'm surprised Dmitrovic isn't a part of the squad
  • We're just passing the ball about without purpose again now.  Inviting Serbia onto us.
  • Embarrassing call from Serbia for a penalty
  • Side lacks any kind of balance as Foden naturally wants to come inside all the time. I wonder if we'd be able to stretch them a bit more if Gordon was on.

I don't think Trent has been as bad as some people think, but against a better side i don't see how it will work with him in midfield. Southgate has these 3 group games to figure out what he wants to do before the knockouts. 
  • No subs yet when you can see clearly which way this game is turning? Hmm. 
  • Can't believe how deep we are
  • We're all over the place 
  • edited June 16
    Southgate 10 minutes late with his subs. We lose against better teams if you leave things like this too long. 
  • If Southgate doesn't make changes soon this game will slip away from us. Gordon for Foden for me but looks like he will bring on Palmer or Gallagher.
  • Pure hoofball now. We look more worried about losing possession than scoring a goal when we have the ball, but we eventually lose it anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

One decent pass, followed by half a dozen shit passes and no help for Rice and Bellingham.
    Get him off.
  • Looking quite nervy now.
  • TAA, Trippier and Foden off for me, Gomez, Gallagher and Gordon on
  • At last. "He's done well." Really.
  • Southgate: Right I've done what you all wanted by playing Trent in Midfield... Now I'm putting my man in there!!
  • 1 sub when we've lost energy across the entire team isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. 

Saka (who is half fit) should've been coming off too or Foden. Need some energy to keep the ball up top too. 
  • This match was stolen from the Charlton playbook, Bellingham deviated but we are sticking to it.  Equalizer next!
  • This game's alright but it's not a patch on a Charlton vs  Welling pre-season friendly.
  • Old school but since Saka's not getting any joy down the right this half, I'd be tempted to switch with Foden for 10 minutes and see what happens. 
  • ...or just hook him off.