Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Serbia Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Two second half goals for england, half of country freaks out because we didn't score first half

• Just popped up on my Facebook feed! Serbian c*nts!  Hope we smash em this evening 
  • edited June 16

Bizarre trend 
  • They're the Gillingham of International Football

Desperate to find a rivalry with someone
  • Did they fight and claim them or just steal them? 
  • Serbia are a team of giants so could be a tough game at the back for us aerially as I don't really rate Guehi but expect us to nick a nervous win.

• rThreeLions - Our History at opening games
    Easy to forget just how much of a struggle major championship have been…
  • Sponsored links:

We haven’t lost an opening game for 20 years and no one has scored a goal against us this decade in an opener. 
  • edited June 16
    rThreeLions - Our History at opening games
    Yeah its nice how a Semi-Final and Final is so despised now

Southgate has really screwed up in that sense.
  • Well despite the, ahem, banter thrown at the Scots the other night, here’s at least one “jock” hoping that England get it done tonight and make a good start. Admittedly I’ve lived here for nigh on 40  years so may not be typical…….
  • edited June 16
    Well despite the, ahem, banter thrown at the Scots the other night, here’s at least one “jock” hoping that England get it done tonight and make a good start. Admittedly I’ve lived here for nigh on 40  years so may not be typical…….
    Is this one of these long winded jokes, where you can turn around in the Final and go... "HA, you lost... Suckers, have that for mocking us when we lost 5-1" ;)
  • Well despite the, ahem, banter thrown at the Scots the other night, here’s at least one “jock” hoping that England get it done tonight and make a good start. Admittedly I’ve lived here for nigh on 40  years so may not be typical…….
    Is this one of these long winded jokes, where you can turn around in the Final and go... "HA, you lost... Suckers, have that for mocking us when we lost 5-1" ;)
    Nah. My wife’s English, my kids are English and despite regarding myself as a missionary I quite like it here…….mind you if England lose 5-1 in the final I might just ……
  • No surprises there
  • edited June 16
    Interesting that if you swap Shaw (our usual starting LB) with Trippier you would have our starting 11 with numbers 1-11. 

Seems Gareth made his mind up a while ago with this team. 
  • Charlton legend Milos Veljkovic starting for Serbia 
  • Mitrovic will be rubbing his hands with that centre back partnership. Got to stop the service to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel for Palmer missing out after the season he’s had but difficult to fit him in. Would probably change Trippier for Gomez as he offers some more physicality at the back and is a bit more comfortable on the left
  • Those studio windows are filthy. Come on Lineker, get your pinny on!
    And give Micah's specs a clean while youre at it
  • The defence worries me, and I'd maybe have started Gallagher over TAA but that forward line is tasty. Just hope everything clicks
  • McBobbin said:
    The defence worries me, and I'd maybe have started Gallagher over TAA but that forward line is tasty. Just hope everything clicks
    Hope that Gallagher does get minutes, as imagine he'll be in the role by the time we face the other big sides.
  • Would feel more comfortable with Rashford, Maddison and Grealish coming off the bench. Others untried. 
    Would be interesting to see the players at our disposal in those games….
  • edited June 16
    Brownie12 said:
    rThreeLions - Our History at opening games
    Would be interesting to see the players at our disposal in those games….
    World Cup squads from 1998 (Just chose it at random), are here

England in the World Cup - 1998 Final Squad (englandfootballonline.com)

Euros squads from 1996 here

England in the European Championship - 1996 Squad Records (englandfootballonline.com)
  • I’m old so someone needs to explain Joe Harts tats to me…
  • Fumbluff said:
    I’m old so someone needs to explain Joe Harts tats to me…
    Wanted to look like a zebra crossing.
  • edited June 16
    For the first time in my life I've fallen for it and I think we can win this tournament.