Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Denmark v England Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• That was a hard watch to be honest
  • edited June 20

• Saka left wing back isn't the worst idea, by the way.

Alexander-Arnold would be better at RWB than midfield, and it would give something up top if Kane dropped deep again.

Something like:

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Guehi
    Alexander-Arnold, Bellingham, Rice, Saka
    Foden
    Kane, Watkins
  • Saka left wing back isn't the worst idea, by the way.

Alexander-Arnold would be better at RWB than midfield, and it would give something up top if Kane dropped deep again.

Something like:

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Guehi
    Foden
    Kane, Watkins
    I don't think this line up could do much worse - very attacking but I don't think we have much to lose currently.

Any team that plays us should automatically set up 3/5 at the back seeing how hopeless we've been against it.

We might have to start matching it up.
  • AndyG said:
    Kane looked like an AI video with the title 'show me a world class striker playing on velcro'. Bellingham I can't comment on as he seemed to have vanished after the goal, Rice.... ah fuck. I can't be bothered to list this crap.
    We looked as if we had taken the Iceland performance as our way to win the Euros. Truely awful display. I doubt any of the other big sides in this tournament will look at us and think 'we need to avoid them if we want to progress'.
    As was said above, Southgate needs to finally accept the evidence of his eyes and change things up fundamentally. 
    But he has shown over the years he is incapable of changing. Yes Will get out of the group, yes we will make the semi finals or even finals and most people will be quoting the fact that Southgate gets us to later stages of tournaments. Ignoring the fact that the players we have at his disposal should be winning tournaments. He is a nice guy no doubts but he is a loser end of
    Winning tournaments? Plural? 

You realise only one country can win every two years? We should be capable of getting one yes, and we very nearly did. 

Only Spain 2008-12 have been good enough to win with the regularity you’re asking for.
     Yes I mean tournaments. They come around every 2 years and the bulk of this group have a good 10 years ahead of them no reason why they shouldn’t win their fair share if we can get a manager who doesn’t shit himself when winning
  • edited June 20
    So is Trent playing in Maddisons position?

He reminds me of defenders I played with as a kid who used to pester and pester the manager about how good a forward they were.
    So eventually he'd stick them up front and they'd be dog shit!
  • edited June 20
    Laddick01 said:
    Saka left wing back isn't the worst idea, by the way.

Something like:

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Guehi
    Foden
    Kane, Watkins
    I don't think this line up could do much worse - very attacking but I don't think we have much to lose currently.

Any team that plays us should automatically set up 3/5 at the back seeing how hopeless we've been against it.

We might have to start matching it up.
    Need to push teams up and start pressing properly, it's so half-hearted.  So feel attacking is the way to go.

Foden wants to be inside so play him there, and have Saka push up for that width.

Plus we're playing Slovenia and we're basically through, it's a good game to try it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Kane looked like an AI video with the title 'show me a world class striker playing on velcro'. Bellingham I can't comment on as he seemed to have vanished after the goal, Rice.... ah fuck. I can't be bothered to list this crap.
    We looked as if we had taken the Iceland performance as our way to win the Euros. Truely awful display. I doubt any of the other big sides in this tournament will look at us and think 'we need to avoid them if we want to progress'.
    As was said above, Southgate needs to finally accept the evidence of his eyes and change things up fundamentally. 
    But he has shown over the years he is incapable of changing. Yes Will get out of the group, yes we will make the semi finals or even finals and most people will be quoting the fact that Southgate gets us to later stages of tournaments. Ignoring the fact that the players we have at his disposal should be winning tournaments. He is a nice guy no doubts but he is a loser end of

You realise only one country can win every two years? We should be capable of getting one yes, and we very nearly did. 

Only Spain 2008-12 have been good enough to win with the regularity you’re asking for.
     Yes I mean tournaments. They come around every 2 years and the bulk of this group have a good 10 years ahead of them no reason why they shouldn’t win their fair share if we can get a manager who doesn’t shit himself when winning
    I think France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Argentina will have something to say about that…
  • Negative manager with negative tactics. Just like watching Charlton with all the tippy tappy sideways football. Players need to be facing forward and running onto through balls? 

We'll get out of the group & maybe win one knockout match, but when we come up against a team like France or Germany who like to attack we'll be toast.

So many good attacking players & we have a numpty in charge of them. 
    Pains me, but I agree with Golfie 🙄
  • We’ve regressed badly and there’s no way we’re winning this tournament the way we’re playing.

We don’t need two holding midfielders if the oppo is playing one up top, trust your defenders.

Criminal waste of our attacking talent.
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

I think France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Argentina will have something to say about that…
    Yes ofcourse mate but come on be honest with yourself ( I’m not knocking England I’m massively patriotic) how can anyone defend what Southgate is doing with the players he has at his disposal ? There are about 5 world class players in that lineup tonight that would start in any of the teams you listed above but he has them playing like the don’t know what they are doing!! Without actually saying it even the pundits and players interviewed post match hinted strongly at it. There were times when I thought Shearer or Ferdinand were going actually call Southgate out and demand his head 😂 I’m not even saying this team won’t go deep into this tournament they could well do but that is even more of an example of what they could do with someone who actually knows what they are doing
  • We haven't got a natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips apparently?
    Should speak to city. They've got about five of them!
  • Think GS is trying to be too clever. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Think GS is trying to be too clever. 
    Too clever for GS is tieing his shoelaces.
  • Valley11 said:
    Think GS is trying to be too clever. 
    But first you have to be clever - he is millions of miles away from Bobby Robson (who was a great manager IMO despite the crap he had to cope with - Italia 90 anyone …)
  • Gotta be honest, thought that was a little bit disappointing from England.
  • Hope this tournament is finally the last we have to suffer Southgate. Bloke is a clown scraping through on the shear quality of the players he's had to work with.
  • There's only one thing that could've made watching a performance like that even more painful, and that's Guy Mowbray commentating on it ✊️🫧
  • edited June 20

• cfgs said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't think Shearer is a Southgate fan
    Great pundit.
    He got his beloved Newcastle relegated as a manager.