Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Denmark v England Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• cfgs said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't think Shearer is a Southgate fan
    Great pundit.
    He got his beloved Newcastle relegated as a manager.
    Great pundit.......crap manager.
  • cfgs said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't think Shearer is a Southgate fan
    Great pundit.
    He got his beloved Newcastle relegated as a manager.
    You can hardly blame him for that. He was brought in at the 11th hour when they were almost down anyway. And he had Dowie as assistant iirc. 
  • Is there a better English manager out there?
  • What is depressing me more is watching how good Spain and Italy are. They both look light years better than England!
  • Every team we come up against knows exactly how we we'll set up, regardless of how many good attack minded players we have. We have a flat track bully manager who lives off of qualifying results and being a "nice guy" in press conferences that the FA love. As soon as it comes down to proper tournament football Southgate is clueless and resorts to his notebook manual with his sidekick and his automaton substitutions. This man has wasted the best generation of footballers we've had for over 50 years. Yet the FA will give this clown another contract because he's "nice". 
  • Sponsored links:

Jokes aside, I'd sooner have Jossy Blair
  • Gribbo said:
    There's only one thing that could've made watching a performance like that even more painful, and that's Guy Mowbray commentating on it ✊️🫧
    Dont forget Clive Tyldesley currently stinking up Italy/Spain I believe.
    Never get why it has to be an English manager.

That logic got us Steve McClaren.
  • Is there a better manager out there?
    I’d pay a 20pc tax on all football related revenue in the UK if it paid for one tournament of Pep.
    Not alot but Howe and Edwards off top of head straight away. But for me it’s Time we got a top manager in that isn’t English and isn’t so stubborn with his selections, not just the fact there is no real tactics it’s even personality and passion and that’s rubbing off on some of the players. Only positive thing is I believe at which ever point we get knocked out or even by some miracle win it, I think it will hopefully be his last tournament. Time for change. 
  • The football under Southgate is so dull and pedestrian. 
  • edited June 20
    The only foreign manager who might be insane enough to take it, and also be at the required level, would be Mourinho.
  • Also, other formations exist if you don't have the right player for the formation. 

Southgate now just comes across as a one-trick Pony that no longer has his trick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The only foreign manager who might be insane enough to take it, and also be at the required level, would be Mourinho.
    Marcello Bielsa is pretty mad. We would ship plenty of goals but the football would be fun!
  • good news for those who backed us at 7 to 2 to win the tournament you can now back us at 4 to 1 it was such an impressive performance , even better after another masterclass we are now 5 to 1 and third favourites , load of guff 
  • The only foreign manager who might be insane enough to take it, and also be at the required level, would be Mourinho.
    Marcello Bielsa is pretty mad. We would ship plenty of goals but the football would be fun!
    Can't see him leaving Uruguay. Tends to be quite loyal when he is at places. 
  • The Kalvin Phillips comment is an absolute embarrassment:

https://x.com/StokeyyG2/status/1803864433346908543/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1803864433346908543&currentTweetUser=StokeyyG2

a) Kalvin Phillips really isn't anyone special to be missing.  It's hardly "we're struggling a bit since Zidane retired".
    b) He's basically been out two years, we've had time to find a replacement or a different way of playing if you can't.

b) is literally Southgate's job.  Saying you've not really got a plan and you're trying things out that aren't working two games into a major tournament is pathetic.

Guy is a national embarrassment. Get him out FFS. Rest of Europe gonna be looking at the players he has and pissing themselves at him.
  • Really poor. Other teams will look at England now and think we're very beatable. Ridiculous position to be in for the supposed favourites.
    England have never been favourites for this tournament- apart from the bookmaker / Sun fakenewspaper universe
    Joint favourites with Germany and France I think? 
    Or with France as well? Just checked. 4/1 joint faves. 
    As usual we think we’re better than we actually are. ‘Best squad in the tournament’. Nah, not really. 
    Yes - Eddie Howe. The aspect that would hold him back is that he loves working and improving players and that isn't what the England Manager does. 
  • The pundits were saying we’re through but if Denmark beat Serbia and Slovenia beat us they’d both be on 5 pts to our 4 and we’d be out, wouldn’t we? 
  • Valley11 said:
    The pundits were saying we’re through but if Denmark beat Serbia and Slovenia beat us they’d both be on 5 pts to our 4 and we’d be out, wouldn’t we? 
    3 teams qualify in most of the groups now.