Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Denmark v England Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• edited June 20
    Hahaha the pundits calling it out but refusing to call out why it's happening, again.
  • Tournament favourites my arse
  • This is pretty fcking pony
  • I have one nagging question...

Why cant Hojbjerg play like this for Spurs FFS.  He's been bloody everywhere.  I thought he'd struggle against Rice tonight.
  • Southgate playing the same cautious tactics, but without Henderson and Phillips in midfield to give a genuine defensive screen.
  • We’re moving the ball much too slowly, sitting back so no movement & no options. As been said it’s like watching Charlton.
  • Too slow, rubbish really. Zero intensity to our play 
  • PWR
    Apart from anything else, Foden has wasted a few attacks and TAA has shown that his so called strength of long accurate passes is not validated. These are the two positions we need to change imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Worst tournament favourites ever. 
  • Anything good England do around the Denmark box is wasted as soon as Foden gets it
    Constantly makes the wrong decision. Doesn't have De Bruyne holding his hand for England I suppose. 
    What did he do when de Bruyne was injured?
    Same as he's doing here, he's trying to get into and around the box to create opportunities. 

As is being discussed right now, Kane is too deep and is being a big cause of our issues. 
  • edited June 20
    Anything good England do around the Denmark box is wasted as soon as Foden gets it
    Constantly makes the wrong decision. Doesn't have De Bruyne holding his hand for England I suppose. 
    It can't be that, De Bruyne missed half of last season and Foden was immense. It's not as if the rest are playing well either. It has to be down to Southgate and what he's instructing them to do, it's like they're all being held back somehow.
    There’s nothing about Southgate’s tactics that would make Foden consistently choose the wrong option, or scuff his shot or pass when he does make the right decision.
  • I'd get Watkins on with Kane. He can stretch the centre backs and make thkse runs while Kane can then be free to drop deeper. Drop Bellingham back into midfield. Take Trent off.
  • Its like watching us ...

Pickford is always slow reacting to long range shots ...

• Posting without reading. 

We have plenty of pretty midfielders but we lack a horrible bastard. 
    A Brian Robson type or character to give them a kick up the arse. 
    All teams need one 
  • Utter dogshit. Southgate is managing to turn these superstars at their clubs into something resembling Charlton Athletic over the last couple of seasons.
  • Scottish person so ignore me if I’m being unfair but I’m watching this drooling at the talent in the England side and scratching my bollocks wondering why they are so brilliant one minute and so shite the next. It must be the manager. But I don’t get why the players just don’t take it upon themselves to ignore instructions and do what comes naturally. This is Denmark, not Brazil and they are making England look fearful. I genuinely don’t get it. 
    Above anyone, including Southgate, it’s England being England. It’s in the DNA - team could be 1970 Brazil and still make it look like hard work.
  • Posting without reading. 

All teams need one 
    A Scholes type player would be nice. 
  • I’m wondering why England think that all they have to do is to walk out on the pitch and they win? they are looking like an over 60’s walk ball team..
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Posting without reading. 

All teams need one 
    A Scholes type player would be nice. 
    Indeed he would. 
  • Glad Southgate is predicting he'll step down if we dont win this tournament. The talent we have in this side is wasted under him
  • Scottish person so ignore me if I’m being unfair but I’m watching this drooling at the talent in the England side and scratching my bollocks wondering why they are so brilliant one minute and so shite the next. It must be the manager. But I don’t get why the players just don’t take it upon themselves to ignore instructions and do what comes naturally. This is Denmark, not Brazil and they are making England look fearful. I genuinely don’t get it. 
    I said exactly that on this thread the other day and got a hatful of lol’s someone in this group of players need to get hold of the players and tell them to ignore what’s being said from the sideline. It really is ridiculous! Even the pundits are saying it but being politically correct and not actually naming names
  • We are so annoying, overplaying in bad areas and sitting deep as soon as we are ahead.
  • "Play to your strengths not your weaknesses" has to be the most accurate statement of what is needed to have come out of Lineker's mouth in years.  
  • Needs someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive England forwards. To be fair, and I know he's been making the wrong decision too often, but I think Fodden has been trying to do that a bit. But overall, it all just looks so tentative. I'd like to see Gallagher on for Trent as halftime, try and introduce a bit more energy and running into the middle of the park.
  • edited June 20
    AndyG said:
    Scottish person so ignore me if I’m being unfair but I’m watching this drooling at the talent in the England side and scratching my bollocks wondering why they are so brilliant one minute and so shite the next. It must be the manager. But I don’t get why the players just don’t take it upon themselves to ignore instructions and do what comes naturally. This is Denmark, not Brazil and they are making England look fearful. I genuinely don’t get it. 
    I said exactly that on this thread the other day and got a hatful of lol’s someone in this group of players need to get hold of the players and tell them to ignore what’s being said from the sideline. It really is ridiculous! Even the pundits are saying it but being politically correct and not actually naming names
    It’s always gone well when a squad has revolted against the manager in the middle of a major tournament…
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    I have one nagging question...

Why cant Hojbjerg play like this for Spurs FFS.  He's been bloody everywhere.  I thought he'd struggle against Rice tonight.
    Yeah, but it's been just Rice, hasn't it. Trent AWOL and Bellingham subdued.
  • If this carries on only 1 winner