Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Denmark v England Euro 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Denmark want it more, the real passion for their country exhibited by the majority of the teams in this tournament is just lacking in this England team i m o
    Anyway, Alexander Arnold in midfield isn't working, Stones and Guehi are far too slow and inaccurate at passing from the back, Bellingham is anonymous, without Walker we would be struggling to ever get past the 1/2 way line .. AND I still have doubts as to Kane's fitness

Palmer on for Alex-A please a s a p , but I can't think that any other changes would achieve much, Gordon?Bowen to add some pace perhaps ..
    I hope that nice, soft spoken Gareth is giving the team a right bollocking at the break, BUT, I doubt it.

The pitch resembles a potato field, same for both sides though
  • Midfield non existent & nowt to do with Denmark.
    Get a fecking grip England ffs.
  • Trying to watch the match with the 5 Live commentary and it’s winding me up more than the England performance!
  • Rinse/ repeat from the Serbia game, but this time the opposition scored. Southgate can have the blame for this one. We sat back around the box and invited them onto us after the goal.
    Apparently we have a wealth of attacking threats, so why were we unable to muster anything worth an action replay after our goal.
    Second half starts the same. Denmark pushing forward. England really unable to create.
  • Fucking hell,we've managed to get worse this half
  • Fuck me, it's so early but he needs to make some subs, this lot have zero energy 
  • The commentators focused a lot on us being deep but I really don't like this double pivot. There's way too many gaps in the middle when the opposition do get hold of the ball. I'd much rather we play with Rice in the deeper midfield position on his own where he can patrol the space in front of the defence and get the two more advanced midfielders closer to each other. Sure we lose Rice driving forward a bit but it's worthwhile to regain control of the centre of the park
  • Well that was clearly a mastermind tactical rework from Southgate at half time
  • Midfield dreadful with TAA. Get him off.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we are going to play this slowly at least try something clever
  • I’ll take a draw now 
  • This is ridiculous. No movement at all 
  • Trent is an absolute wreck. Had so much space in front of him, lost it under his feet and played a simple pass loose. I think the pressure's just too much for him in this role
  • Midfield dreadful with TAA. Get him off.
    Such a ridiculous experiment that clearly isn't working. 
  • Gordon on the left, Foden in the middle, Bellingham moves back and TAA off? 
  • TAA not good enough to be right back and not good enough to play in midfield. He needs too much time on the ball.
  • What was the fucking team talk? More of the same please lads.....
  • Gordon on the left, Foden in the middle, Bellingham moves back and TAA off? 
    I'd take Bellingham off too, get Gallagher on for his energy
  • Alexander Arnold for Gallagher... What's that supposed to change?
  • Sponsored links:

• Gallagher on for TAA - Good call. 
  • Shearer is so annoying.
    For goodness sake shut up and see the game for what it is.
  • McBobbin said:
    Alexander Arnold for Gallagher... What's that supposed to change?
    Taking off passing ability for energy, runs down the middle and link up between midfield and attack. Could be the key that unlocks it.
  • McBobbin said:
    Alexander Arnold for Gallagher... What's that supposed to change?
    Energy.
  • Ooooooh post
  • Southgate finally takes TAA off,why play him there again? It didnt work again tonight
  • Better from Foden