Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preston v The Champions Post Match Reaction 2-2

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Shame to let in a couple of goals and not take the three points. News, Views and All That below.

Comments

• Seth says: Windy day.
  • Absolutely gutted not to have the 100 points before next saturday.
  • Not good enough, blah blah blah.

We'll struggle next season, blah blah blah.

I'm worried, blah blah blah.
  • Cant beat Fulhams record of 101 points now - but we can equal it. Shame to capitulate in 2nd half.

Powell out.
  • Will have given SCP a good indication of where he needs to strengthen for next season. Our first team is a cut above but our squad depth leaves something to be desired.

I imagine Cook and Hayes will be moved on, jury is out on N'Guessan over whether he can cut it in the Champ but that's a call for Powelly to make obviously.

Onwards and upwards, 101 and Champions.
  • Don't know how I feel about this , doesn't really mean much but really wanted to beat the league 1 record.
    Which would have been quite easily achieved if we continued to play the team which has broken so many records already this season.
  • Cheers Red,Paddy & Seth, see you all in the Championship.
  • Don't know how I feel about this , doesn't really mean much but really wanted to beat the league 1 record.
    Which would have been quite easily achieved if we continued to play the team which has broken so many records already this season.
    You know that for a fact?

• FT stats The Champions first-:

possession......49% - 51%
    shots on......... 5 - 10
    shots off........ 3 - 5
    corners......... 4 - 6

GOALS.......... 2 -2
  • I'm opposite I gives us motivation to win next week. Nobody wants 99 points as that is just annoying! Oh the stress!

• Sponsored links:

• Not the worst day. CP got a look at players whose future he has to make a decision on in the next few months, Haynes got off the mark and we didn't get beaten.

The first team will get us to 101pts next week.

COYR.

• I don't care 1 jot let them play and enjoy it what will be will be

Feet up watch Sheffield utd vs stevenage and see how tense football can be when you have nothing to worry about
  • Reserves. It was fate that Alexander would score. Really don't care that we messed it up tbh :)
  • Shame to draw but we are unbeaten in 6 now. Those that missed out today will be fresh for next week against Hartlepool and will be looking to make it a dream 101 points.
    You know that for a fact?

Of course I don't know for a fact, but it's pretty clear to see that Preston were there for the taking and if this mismatch team of first teamers and squad players could draw with them , then our first team would have had a more than decent chance of winning.
    Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for what the team have given us this season, I just think that it was the wrong choice and would have been annoying for the fans had we lost. It's not as if the first team players couldn't or wouldn't want to play.

Agree entirely
  • edited April 2012
    No better way to look at fringe playersthan in a competetive game to see what they're made of.
    Agree entirely
    Absolutely
  • edited April 2012
    Not too bothered after the season we've had.

I feel sorry that Wiggins and Morrison cannot do the full 46 though as I would have thought they would have wanted to.
  • Achieved our aim and more. Now for next week's party time!
  • Sponsored links:

• everyone out
  • I wonder if those who say they aren't too bothered were even there today? There's nothing more painful than an away trip where you throw away three points in injury time, regardless of whether we are Champions or not.

John Sullivan really doesn't convince me as a back up keeper to Ben Hamer. Even the gap left for Alexander to pass the ball into the net to was huge.

Highlight of the day was the great atmosphere in the first half, including two Poznan celebrations!
  • I really dont think the majority that are there will be that gutted with the draw. They have a night out ahead of them knowing they're champions
  • I wonder if those who say they aren't too bothered were even there today? There's nothing more painful than an away trip where you throw away three points in injury time, regardless of whether we are Champions or not.

John Sullivan really doesn't convince me as a back up keeper to Ben Hamer. Even the gap left for Alexander to pass the ball into the net to was huge.

Highlight of the day was the great atmosphere in the first half, including two Poznan celebrations!
    I wasn't there no.
  • Low point of the day was our minibus with a 60mph limitor being left for dust by the coaches about 5 mins ago. Should be home for Tuesday !

As for the game, we did well first half and they were all at see. Second half they were clearly trying to restore a bit of pride and were assisted by a couple of home friendly decisions. Our foot was clearly off the gas, and the end was very very Charlton.

The last of the coach convey has just flown past like a Ferrari. Good job we've 96 beers left :-)
  • Alexander robs us with the last kick of his career .. who wrote that script !
  • 96 beers? Sounds a lot, but how many is that shared between?
  • 96 beers? Sounds a lot, but how many is that shared between?
    Just afka
    Agree entirely
    Indubitably
  • I wasn't there and I am not bothered. The reserves held their in a competitive fixture away from home in conditions which Northern teams are used to (more so than us).

You got to be happy for Alexandre as well - last game and he gets a goal. 103 points would've been nice but you can't win them all. We are Champions and Powell now has a better idea about which fringe players deserve new deals blah blah.

Seems like a fair result so can't really complain.