Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bolton - Post match views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Re,Penalty. Why was Darren Pratley not booked for fouling Fuller that gave us the penalty?I cannot see any yellow card,s against his name.
  • Options
    Ashaddick said:

The booing seemed to come from the west?
    Just seen Jackson goal again on fls didn't see it at the time fullers clever flick on to lay it on a plate for jj

I saw it at the time but misread it and thought Fuller had almost screwed up jj's run. Only when I saw it on tv I realised how crucial the touch was

• Options
    We know what he is capable off.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Re,Penalty. Why was Darren Pratley not booked for fouling Fuller that gave us the penalty?I cannot see any yellow card,s against his name.

Inconsistent crap ref

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Inconsistent crap ref

• Options
    At a complete guess I think the ref didn't book him because it was an accidental clash of legs as the defender was trying to get round the back of fuller who had slipped in front of him ...but that's only from what I thought at the match haven't seen a replay yet
  • Options
    At a complete guess I think the ref didn't book him because it was an accidental clash of legs as the defender was trying to get round the back of fuller who had slipped in front of him ...but that's only from what I thought at the match haven't seen a replay yet
  • Options
    At 0-2, I feared the worst. It was looking like a R rated performance. The defence was all over the place. Bolton's attack looked to be a different class. Andy Hughes, although limited as a footballer settled and was very vocal. His yelling and encouragement seemed to wake the Charlton team up at 0-2. Johnnie Jackson lead by example with a goal, aided by Fuller that looked even better on the FLS replay. Charlton started playing and the Harriott started to attack well down the left. 1-2, I still thought it would take a miracle for us to get anything out of the game.

Football is an excellent game . A team and players can be out for the count but can still come back to win against all expectation. Fuller from a very uninterested looking start, got the assist for the Jackson goal, won the free kick for the Dervite goal that drew the booking and won the penalty., Dervite from being utterly useless redeemed himself with an improved performance and a goal.

Kermogant showed that he has great big NLA type balls and buried an excellent penalty, that could prove a key point in the season in keeping Charlton up.

I thought the turn out from the crowd following the Millwall debacle was pretty good as well. When the team gives the crowd something to shout about, the crowd gets right behind the team. The ‘your not fit to referee when the lino went off’, was spot on as well, made me laugh.

I was wearing my lucky Charlton scarf today, I like to think that helped.

Charlton got the breaks with the referee today. These things generally even out over the season. It was about bleedin’ time at home, goals and Hull and Palace were cancelled out, fouls / free kicks not given that lead to goals against, and the exact letter of the law used against KMG for eg. The important thing is the character of the players that keep going, push forward and the breaks will come the teams way if they do the right thing.

Chris Powell is good at picking good characters, some may not be the most technically gifted, but help build the team spirit (Pritchard / Hughes). This is important when there is not a lot of funds to play with. That is one of the key things that is helping us to keep up this season.

Gower looked like he could pass and move as well.

A positive game to renew my season ticket from.

COYRs.

• Options

As I have said before - I think Harriot is the missing piece in the home form jigsaw - just don't change the way he plays and be critical when it doesn't come off- just keep trying again. Defenders hate it!

Could not agree more. A winger is not going to get away with everything he tries. Doing something differant puts doubt in the defenders mind - even a shot that goes well wide! What Harriott and Wiggins did so well was to create so much danger down the left their winger had to drop back which blunted their attack, and the centre half started to move over to cover creating gaps behind him.

What we must not do is boo the lad when it does go wrong, but applaud the effort.

• Options
    Great win after going 2-0 down early on. I thought Andy Hughes really put a bit of spine in the midfield and loved Harriotts willingness to take defenders on. Really was great to see a win at home (and some goals) congratulations to the team. On a slightly down note certainly 50 points is not going to be enough to avoid the drop and by the way the leagues panning out I reckon we need another 6 points for absolute safety.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yeah, this. watched it this morning an it's a penalty but definitely not a booking
  • Options
    Thanks for the video Phil, saved me from having to watch that homogenized, passionless tripe they call the FLS.
  • Options
    Jackson was superb,dervite even tough he scored still dont rate him gives the ball away to much no composure on the ball at all .
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Dervite made the 'Sun' championship team of the day .. but they spelt his name DOrvite ... Kermorgant also made the selection
  • Options

Dervite made the 'Sun' championship team of the day .. but they spelt his name DOrvite ... Kermorgant also made the selection

Saw that in the paper couldnt believe it must have been a misprint not cos they messed his name up .
  • Options
    boogica said:

Saw that in the paper couldnt believe it must have been a misprint not cos they messed his name up .
    they were going for a ooh lala French selection perhaps !!!
  • Options
    took both my girls yesterday, 6 year old has been for a couple of years, but the 3 year old was desperate to come, just before the free kick I decided to video it on my phone, Dervite smashed it in and we went mad, turned the phone round to catch both girls cheering and hugging each other, made my day....wish I could work out how to post it...in the first 3 seconds of it my oldest says 'how do you know they're gonna score Dad' classic!!.

All the way home they both sang the Johnnie Jackson song
  • Options
    Nolan is spot on with that report IMO. Not sure why some are saying we got the breaks with the ref. Seemed to me that the 2 reds were richly deserved, the penalty was spot on and if anything Bolton could consider themselves lucky that Dawson wasn't sent off for a "tackle" that would have been a red card in rugby! Not to mention an early penalty shout that was ignored but seemed, albeit from the length of the pitch away, to be a clear pull back by a Bolton player.