Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumour that Powell may have been sacked/ but hopefully it appears to be untrue - sorry

edited January 2014 in General Charlton
I know someone who's kids go to a nursery near Sparrow's Lane. They have been told to collect their kids, as someone has been sacked and they are expecting protests.

This is true, but obviously I don't know who has been sacked or whether the nursery have got it wrong.

Comments

• I've heard the same
  • Wouldn't surprise me - I dread looking at this site at the moment to see what stupidity Roland is up to next...
  • protests!?!

.... doubt it, any protests would be at the valley
  • If its true, and Schools are getting a warning, it sounds bad for CP, but lets wait and see.
  • Oh god, here we go.......
  • More good news I see...
  • hmmmmm
  • I don't idolise CP like some. However, I won't go again this season if he gets the sack.
    Amazing miss management of the Club.
  • Rizzo said:

Seriously? Are we really expecting riots on a Friday morning in New Eltham over the sacking of a footy manager?

Lol, this, riots at a training ground because a Championship manager gets sacked. The worlds gone mad I tell ya!
  • Sponsored links:

• How would a nursery school know that before the likes of Sky sports etc? Seems like nonsense to me
  • Is this a pisstake?
    has this gone right over my head?
  • DRFDRF
    edited January 2014
    Surely the protests would be at the club not the training ground?

Are you sure it wasn't someone at the nursary getting sacked!
  • If he doesn't get sacked I hope he walks, been completely disrespected this week
  • edited January 2014
    Hopefully the same stupidity that has Liege at the top of their League and selling out games! Please inflict this stupidity on us Roland!

That said hope CP stays and this sounds very doubtful!

Hmmm indeed!

blockquote class="Quote" rel="Weegie Addick">Wouldn't surprise me - I dread looking at this site at the moment to see what stupidity Roland is up to next...

• This is hilarious.
  • Which nursery exactly?

• Curb_It said:

Is this a pisstake?

I'm thinking the same thing!

I can't imagine a place of education closing because a second tier manager has been sacked.
  • edited January 2014
    Need more evidence but the news could be true and the play group are overreacting. Or, it could be a load of Bs.

Where did you get the info from Covered? Is your friend contactable for you to confirm.?
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe its the Lollipop lady.
  • with a bitta luck RD has sacked himself
  • It is when, not if unfortunately. This isn't the Charlton we grew up supporting.
  • Curb_It said:

Is this a pisstake?

No, I'm only telling, what I was just told. What I was told is true, I wouldn't joke about such matters.

Whether the sacking relates to Powell I couldn't say. But it seems most likely.

Perhaps it's because Kermorgant may be going ?
  • On top of that whats going to happen? A bunch of football fans are going to set a nursery on fire as a consequence of Powell being sacked?
  • Come on covered end you cant write something like then say nothing else?
  • id be up for a protest if its true ;)
  • i heard it was pritchard
  • CAFC Comms Dept 'CP has been sacked' response 'oh no. better warn that nursery round the corner immediately'.

some people are so gullible