Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zak Ansah Thread

Comments

• Options
    markmc68 said:

He's better than what we have at club.

This, while not being difficult, is also true. Welcome Zak and good luck.
  • Options
    Have no idea how good or not he is but I doubt players like Zak and the guy from Watford are being brought in to immediately play in the Championship, surely they are here to develop a talent that we (Euell) has seen in them. I do not think the signing of these types of players has any bearing on who we add to the immediate first team squad. At least I hope not or we really are in for a long old season.
  • Options

that is so underwhelming all this time we have been waiting for something to happen,
    then when it does it is this, seriously how will he improve our attack

Obviously your opinion is based on your vast knowledge and experience of watching the under 21 league.

Give the bloke a chance ffs.
    Maybe look at your own comments before commenting on mine

southamptonaddick Member
    June 2013
    Can I be the first to say.....................

They will never make the grade at Charlton but will probably be good enough at a lower level.

I have formed this opinion after never seeing them play.
  • Options

that is so underwhelming all this time we have been waiting for something to happen,

I'm not sure who you expect us to sign? I'm more excited by Ansah than I would be about championship a journeyman.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lurker said:

I'm not sure who you expect us to sign? I'm more excited by Ansah than I would be about championship a journeyman.
    As I said Birmingham got Jordan Ibe on loan,
    Would of been happy with that, He has played a few games, Has pace and can score
  • Options

Lurker said:

As I said Birmingham got Jordan Ibe on loan
    Posted on the other thread but, He's a young kid, who has impressed at most levels at Arsenal, young, pacey and free. Not sure why anyone would be underwhelmed with that.

Yes we need more experienced players in granted, but this isn't a 'Simon Church' signing.
  • Options
    Looking about on line he was seen a huge talent in the making and was expected to make the step up at Arsenal. Good signing and wish him all the luck with us. Welcome Zak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I've never seen either play and I doubt most people have but how this kind of signing can be seen as anything other than positive is baffling.

Edit - Forgot the quote button but this was in response to Paulie.
  • Options
    welcome zak - i hope it works out and you become a legend. Bore off Paulie..
  • Options
    So who's calling the shots here?

A Powelly signing if ever I saw one. Strange Roland sanctioned it.

Good luck to the lad
  • Options

Nothing to get excited about, enough fannying about roly poly give us some first team strength and we can start to gather some optimism and buy into what you're doing here

Sarcasm right?
  • Options
    Lurker said:

I've never seen either play and I doubt most people have but how this kind of signing can be seen as anything other than positive is baffling.

How is me not being over the moon about signing a 20 year old with no first team experience baffling
    as far as I can tell he has never even had a loan spell
  • Options

Lurker said:

How is me not being over the moon about signing a 20 year old with no first team experience baffling
    A 20 year old who is free, been at Arsenal academy, played and scored goals at the top youth level, what is their not to like. Do you expect us to sign a ready made 20 goal a season striker? ... aint happening
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Lurker said:

A 20 year old who is free, been at Arsenal academy, played and scored goals at the top youth level, what is their not to like. Do you expect us to sign a ready made 20 goal a season striker? ... aint happening
    People saying Joe Piggott aint ready He has scored more professional goals than Ansah and is younger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nothing to get excited about, enough fannying about roly poly give us some first team strength and we can start to gather some optimism and buy into what you're doing here

HeHeHe......I don't think you would be happy unless we signed Messi.....!
  • Options
    I hope a really good signing. I remember a certain young Jerome Thomas signing after being released by Arsenal. He went on to become a good player for us. Cue all the negative comments....
  • Options

Lurker said:

perhaps you can give us your "HIGHLIGHTS" of what constitutes an exciting signing for us.

I think this is pretty promising.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Lurker said:

A 20 year old who is free, been at Arsenal academy, played at the top youth level, what is their not to like.
    ha, would you have said the same if the heading was Frimpong signs on a 2-year deal ?

Loads of youngsters at 'top clubs' completely fall away from it in their early 20s. I've a good feeling about Zak, though it looks like the knee injury he had in 11/12 seriously put him back. But i wouldn't just take a blanket approach that 'they're goona be good' just because they come from a top academy.

• Options
    I aint arguing with the whole of CL we barely survived last year and IMO I was expecting more

Will happily eat my words if I am wrong but think the 2 year contract only proves RD is not convinced
    Maybe he will be playing for Alcorcon next season lol

thats the last thing I am saying because clearly I am the only one who saw this and did not to the dance of joy
  • Options
    Greenie said:

HeHeHe......I don't think you would be happy unless we signed Messi.....!
    Nah, just someone with some first team experience in the league we're in or one of that quality lol . Worried looking at our squad list, but these signings will be good for the future, just this season I'm worried about, as we struggled this season just gone and we are looking weaker. Get some experience and proven quality in amongst these youngsters and I'll perk up I'm sure. Good luck young Zak, anyone have his scoring stats for Arsenal youth? I see 1 goal in 7 matches in the Prem Youth League, and a goal in the UCL Youth
  • Options
    Zak will not be the only striker we will sign. CALM DOWN
  • Options
    He's better than what we have.

I think it's a really interesting signing - Ansah has a lot of potential and could fulfill it here.

He impressed at every level of the Arsenal youth team.

Ansah could, potentially, be a very good signing on a free.