Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Would personally prefer an experienced keeper to come in if Pope isn't going to be first choice. I'm not worried about Pope being our keeper though
  • Options
    Personally I'd like an older ex prem keeper to come in, someone who wants one more year as a player but is happy to sit on the bench. Have Pope in goal and pass on experience, new keeper could help Roberts with development of both Pope and Phillips. Perhaps new keeper could learn coaching aspects from Roberts at the same time.
    Somebody like Schwarzer at Chelsea etc.

.....not as simple as that though is it
  • Options
    Trouble is that that type of keeper won't want to come to be 2nd choice and will be expensive.
  • Options
    Surprised if Brighton are are going for the likes of Henderson and O'Grady, especially with the money they made from the sale of Ulloa.
  • Options
    If were going to go for a PL reserve keeper who is still young the only one I'd want is Elliott. Purely for sentimental reasons.
  • Options
    Why are Brighton such a big draw to players these days? They are perhaps the biggest bottle jobs in the league. Get into promising positions and bottle it when the big games come up. They are losing Ulloa this season and can only see them achieving nothing again
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Why are Brighton such a big draw to players these days? They are perhaps the biggest bottle jobs in the league. Get into promising positions and bottle it when the big games come up. They are losing Ulloa this season and can only see them achieving nothing again

Money.
  • Options
    SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 · 2m
    Brighton are set to make a £1million bid for Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale. (The Sun) #bhafc #ffc

Could mean that Henderson to us is done...
  • Options
    Shame I would have liked Stockdale. Was good for Fulham when they played us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Alnwick on trial at Blackpool. Thought he was decent. Must have some issues, the way he keeps getting moved on.
  • Options
    Stockdale is a brilliant keeper.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Ben Alnwick on trial at Blackpool. Thought he was decent. Must have some issues, the way he keeps getting moved on.

Interesting.

Although he had no Charlton connection with Riga because Ben had already left us when Jose came in.

• Options
    With our defence we won't need a keeper...don't panic
  • Options

Henderson is a solid goalkeeper and this level and better than Hamer imo, I still reckon he will end up at us.

Played something like 26 times in the last 3/4 years. And only twice last season. How can you come to that conclusion??
    I saw a fair bit of him when he was at Portsmouth where he had a good spell in the side, it's just my opinion feel free to disagree.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

not sure he was signed of from Orient for Medical Reasons but I dont think it was ever announced what they was, at the time there wasa few people at orient saying it was a heart issue, but I doubt that or he would not be playing again
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

not sure he was signed of from Orient for Medical Reasons but I dont think it was ever announced what they was, at the time there wasa few people at orient saying it was a heart issue, but I doubt that or he would not be playing again
    Thought it was a family illness.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Thought it was a family illness.
    It was.
  • Options

Henderson is a solid goalkeeper and this level and better than Hamer imo, I still reckon he will end up at us.

Played something like 26 times in the last 3/4 years. And only twice last season. How can you come to that conclusion??
    I saw a fair bit of him when he was at Portsmouth where he had a good spell in the side, it's just my opinion feel free to disagree.
    Not disagreeing mate, was just asking the question as it's quite a bold statement. Fair enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think we need another defender. i am always optimistic about things but i am not convinced by tal ben haim since i am suspicious of seasoned aging pros because they often lack hunger and are happy to sit back for wages for their family. ande bikey could be ok but i would want a really good defender to replace dervite and wood and cort going. those three players were really good and so far we have brought in a player who has already been relegated from this league and another player who could be good but looks a bit on the larger side and wasn't amazing or anything before. we still have no goalkeeper who has even started a game i think in the championship. our full back positions are top quality and can match any in this division but centrally we look weak. we need baudry and a good goalkeeper which i think we will get.
  • Options
    We have five centre backs. Six is overkill.
  • Options
    Reams on ITTV says Anelka is being tracked by Liege.

Could he be a loan target in January?

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/07/19/standard-liege-keen-on-former-chelsea-striker-nicolas-anelka/150767/

• Options
    Richard J said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/07/19/standard-liege-keen-on-former-chelsea-striker-nicolas-anelka/150767/

No thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Richard J said:

So that is why they had to send Ben Haim to us then. ;-)
  • Options
    Seen on twitter that Reza has been sold to a middle eastern club, the person who tweeted it was at the friendly in Spain so would probably have heard people talking about it. Though it's a shame he left, we look good upfront already and could be even stronger with the possible addition of Bahebeck.
  • Options
    Isn't that what someone said on here earlier? Probably just based on that. Yet on the Dr Kish blog it was reported that he recently met up with the squad in Spain.
  • Options

Seen on twitter that Reza has been sold to a middle eastern club, the person who tweeted it was at the friendly in Spain so would probably have heard people talking about it. Though it's a shame he left, we look good upfront already and could be even stronger with the possible addition of Bahebeck.

He aint gone anywhere
  • Options

jeez - some of you are so gullible !!!

could you send me your bank account details as I have some money I want to send you...........
  • Options
    Believe what you wanna believe, but either way he's gone
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!