Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bulot & Buyens - What are our chances on keeping them?

What do people think our chances are of us keeping them?

Would be interesting to see from a Liege perspective if any of them are still knocking about on this board.

Personally I'd like to see us keep the pair of them, especially Bulot. Kudos to whoever rebooted him in January.

Comments

• 77% and 12% according to www.madeupstatistics.com

Well that answers that then, cheers Henry. Sink this.
  • Bulot has better hair, so I'd rather keep him
  • I prefer Buyens, his hair is like mine.
  • Think Buyens has already said he thinks he will return to Standard. As for Bulot I suppose it depends on whether he likes playing in this country and wants to remain. I doubt Riga knows too much about him so we might have a chance. I hope so.
  • I think that both will go back to Liege, Yoni already said he expects to go back and with Bulot I'm not sure but maybe if his contract is running out then perhaps he could stay, we'll miss Yoni Buyens penalties though!
  • Unless they have the club crest tattooed on their arses they can both bog off

So to speak
  • Buyens should go back. I will drop him if needed.
  • Not bothered if they don't stay on. Bulot has been vastly improved since his return from the African Nations cup but half a dozen games doesn't make him a world beater. Buyens best attribute is his penalty taking, disappoints for a big unit, in the air and on the deck. Reminds me of the 'crab' Keith Jones but not as good because he can't tackle as born out by his accumulation of yellow cards. No problem if they are retained, not fussed if they aren't and thanks for your contribution to the cause chaps. We move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Not bothered if they don't stay on. Bulot has been vastly improved since his return from the African Nations cup but half a dozen games doesn't make him a world beater. Buyens best attribute is his penalty taking, disappoints for a big unit, in the air and on the deck. Reminds me of the 'crab' Keith Jones but not as good because he can't tackle as born out by his accumulation of yellow cards. No problem if they are retained, not fussed if they aren't and thanks for your contribution to the cause chaps. We move on.

But its better to have a player that we know has something about him than spend loads of dosh on a player who turns out not to fit.
  • Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

Not bothered if they don't stay on. Bulot has been vastly improved since his return from the African Nations cup but half a dozen games doesn't make him a world beater. Buyens best attribute is his penalty taking, disappoints for a big unit, in the air and on the deck. Reminds me of the 'crab' Keith Jones but not as good because he can't tackle as born out by his accumulation of yellow cards. No problem if they are retained, not fussed if they aren't and thanks for your contribution to the cause chaps. We move on.

But its better to have a player that we know has something about him than spend loads of dosh on a player who turns out not to fit.
    He also had very little about him in the first half of the season so that's why I'm not fussed. And who says we have to spend loads of dosh on a player who doesn't fit? We might pick up a bargain! Anyway we may have the replacement already with us in Eagles.
  • Kap10 said:

Would def want Bulot, but the club have said he is expensive.

Moving an asset from one club to another club is not expensive. :-)
  • There is some bile on this page!
  • RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

He also had very little about him in the first half of the season so that's why I'm not fussed. And who says we have to spend loads of dosh on a player who doesn't fit? We might pick up a bargain! Anyway we may have the replacement already with us in Eagles.
    Bulot barely played under Peeters, think it's unfair to say he had little about him when he never got a proper chance.

As for Eagles we need competition for places, both would need replacing if either of them left.
  • wmcf123 said:

There is some bile on this page!

I think it's a seasons frustrations of what might have beens.

If we'd have beaten Rotherham home and away, and Blackpool at home ( 6 points better off) most on here would be on the fickle bus, and dreaming of the playoffs.

I know,I know, if my sister was much uncle, and my mother was my auntie ( or however it goes):-0

• Who knows why Peeters hardly played Bulot and had Cousins on the left all the time? But recent performances suggest the arrival of Watt and Bulot returning on fire has made a difference so I'd have him back next season.

Not sure if Bulot is a free agent this summer? If yes we are talking a serious contract to tie him down but I reckon the result and his resale value justify that. Same as for Gudmundsson and Vetokele who are probably both on top dollar.

Buyens and Luzon clearly don't get on so he's gone for sure. Replacing him is essential and won't be cheap. Can Diarra and Cousins do the job? Getting centre mid right for 2015-16 is essential given how much progress has been made already in the last 12 months.

We can be a top eight side next season if they get this right!
  • I think Bulot will wanna stay here. He's hit a bit of form and he's probably really enjoying his football under Luzon. The last thing he will want is to up sticks back to Belgium and become a fringe player once again.
  • edited March 2015
    Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

Bulot barely played under Peeters, think it's unfair to say he had little about him when he never got a proper chance.

As for Eagles we need competition for places, both would need replacing if either of them left.
    This .

Remember Bulot is left footed and Eagles is right footed . So it is not like for like .With fellow lefties JBG and Callum Harriott as our other wide options Eagles offers something different.

I hope Bulot stays . I thought he had something about him early on.

I would prefer Diarra to Buyens but would like both if possible .
  • edited March 2015
    Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

I would disagree with this, his stats this season are 21 appearances, 13 starts and 8 as sub (including a five minute cameo last night) whilst having been subbed 9 times! Fair play to him eight of those starts have been consecutive from the Norwich game on 10 Feb when he was pants incidentally and subbed at half time. So if my maths are correct he had five starts under Peters which together with what he saw in training was enough not to favour him.

To reiterate I would be happy if he stayed but if not I won't be losing any sleep. He is very much a confidence player like most wingers, if he fancies it he can be mustard, if he doesn't he can be a luxury.

If neither he or Eagles signs, I agree we will need replacements to maintain healthy competition for places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Buyens has amazingly not been booked for several games now, I've been expecting his 10th booking, and a 2 match ban, for some time now but he's managed to avoid it. Maybe that's Luzon's effect?
  • Buyens has amazingly not been booked for several games now, I've been expecting his 10th booking, and a 2 match ban, for some time now but he's managed to avoid it. Maybe that's Luzon's effect?

Maybe, perhaps he's been told to 'jockey' rather than make his usual awkward attempt at winning the ball :wink:
  • I'd like to keep both. Buyens can be frustrating but hopefully he will eventually learn that you can go forward. Bulot is good too. Don't forget that a year or so ago we were watching the likes of Kerkar, Pritchard and Harriott (bless em) on a regular basis, so things are looking up. Its all relative.
  • colin1961 said:

Think your looking at least 2/4 mill for each player .......

But its really Roland moving money around the network.. That may well be their market price but in reality we are not paying that as a club. Its just Roly moving his marbles around.
  • RedChaser said:

Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

I would disagree with this, his stats this season are 22 appearances, 13 starts and 9 as sub (including a five minute cameo last night) whilst having been subbed 9 times! Fair play to him eight of those starts have been consecutive from the Norwich game on 10 Feb when he was pants incidentally and subbed at half time. So if my maths are correct he had five starts under Peters which together with what he saw in training was enough not to favour him.

To reiterate I would be happy if he stayed but if not I won't be losing any sleep. He is very much a confidence player like most wingers, if he fancies it he can be mustard, if he doesn't he can be a luxury.

If neither he or Eagles signs, I agree we will need replacements to maintain healthy competition for places.
    I probably should have said he never got a run of games under Peeters and was often played out of position. Against Norwich he he played up front, a position he also struggled in when Peeters played him there.
  • Kap10 said:

Would def want Bulot, but the club have said he is expensive.

Moving an asset from one club to another club is not expensive. :-)
    But his wages maybe
  • wmcf123 said:

There is some bile on this page!

Try wiping your screen :smiley:
  • Not bothered about Buyens. We can do better and should keep Diarra instead. Would like to see Bulot stay though.
  • colin1961 said:

Think your looking at least 2/4 mill for each player .......

But its really Roland moving money around the network.. That may well be their market price but in reality we are not paying that as a club. Its just Roly moving his marbles around.
    km said that network transfers were payed through Roland and not the club, so both possible!