Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

This one doesn't just annoy me but makes me extremely angry.

Rebecca Francis. Remember that name.

If you don't know who this low life is you probably should.
    This sick excuse for a human being takes pleasure in shooting beautiful rare wild animals and then posts the pictures on facebook alongside their bodies .

Absolute pure evil.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/female-hunter-rebecca-francis-gets-5521449

Would ya though?
  • Options
    Was in Austin, Texas for a week with work recently and one of the guys who works there, really nice bloke, started showing me some of his hunting pictures. One was his 12 year old daughter with her first kill (deer). It was just sat there with blood all over it being half held up off the ground by its ears.

To him it seemed completely normal. I wanted to be polite and not say anything to offend, but in truth I was just lost for words altogether.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Was in Austin, Texas for a week with work recently and one of the guys who works there, really nice bloke, started showing me some of his hunting pictures. One was his 12 year old daughter with her first kill (deer). It was just sat there with blood all over it being half held up off the ground by its ears.

To him it seemed completely normal. I wanted to be polite and not say anything to offend, but in truth I was just lost for words altogether.

12 years old and allowed to use a gun as a hobby yet not allowed a kinder surprise
  • Options
    Similar story a US attorney I work with sends us photos of him and his kids gurning over dead animals. He's from Texas... I guess its a cultural thing like fox hunting but quite frankly that doesn't make it right
  • Options
    She didn't shoot it me and big rob did, then we shot her and I had a go mounting her but rob said she was not cold enough yet 8)
  • Options

She didn't shoot it me and big rob did, then we shot her and I had a go mounting her but rob said she was not cold enough yet 8)

Never usually stops him
  • Options
    I have the skin and hooves in the office
  • Options
    Of the bird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    McBobbin said:

Similar story a US attorney I work with sends us photos of him and his kids gurning over dead animals. He's from Texas... I guess its a cultural thing like fox hunting but quite frankly that doesn't make it right

What makes it right is that the animals need to be culled anyway to maintain a healthy population, the money paid for the privilege goes back into the parks that manage and protect them from the likes of desease and illegal poachers (Who are the ones responsible for the elephant and rhino that appear from time to time minus their ivory/horns) and the meat from the likes of giraffe and elephant goes to the locals whose crops have probably been decimated by the animals in the first place. For big game, the person does not just get let lose to shoot whatever they fancy, the animal is selected by the parks rangers weeks in advance. Like it or not, the hunting of such animals gives them worth and that is why most of them are still with us today and not banished to the mists of time.

I don't personally agree with posing with the dead animal for photos, or at least sharing the photos.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with hunting an animal that is abundant - deer hunting is common place in Scotland if only to control overpopulation, although no one I know who hunts has shown me photos or trophies. Hunting so-called 'big game' like giraffe however is disgusting - I've seen wild giraffe, there is absolutely no challenge in finding and killing one. It ought to be outlawed globally.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Nothing wrong with hunting an animal that is abundant - deer hunting is common place in Scotland if only to control overpopulation, although no one I know who hunts has shown me photos or trophies. Hunting so-called 'big game' like giraffe however is disgusting - I've seen wild giraffe, there is absolutely no challenge in finding and killing one. It ought to be outlawed globally.

Deer stalking is common place throughout the UK, from Kent to Scotland and everywhere between. Gotta say that every person I know into the sport is into their trophies and, since the camara phone, taking photos of themselves with what they've shot. Whether they choose to share it or not is another matter
  • Options
    That there is a product called a cheesecake by some people that doesn't have any cheese in it, but instead has a Gorgon's head of disgusting wiggly coconut shreds. There is no culinary disappointment to compare with being palmed of with the wrong sort of cheesecake.

The heating instructions on ding-meals. Mrs Stig had a little curry tonight that claimed to need eight minutes in the microwave. Don't the cockwombles that make these undernourishing slime-pots realise that in my kitchen is a machine with double the power output of Sizewell B. If I cooked one of their little slop-sachets on full power for eight minutes I'd have a melted kitchen, smoke plumes rising and thousand feet in the air and an emergency meeting of Cobra on my hands. 3 mins absolute max. Always.

Having a stray toenail stuck in my sock.
  • Options
    brogib said:

McBobbin said:

What makes it right is that the animals need to be culled anyway to maintain a healthy population, the money paid for the privilege goes back into the parks that manage and protect them from the likes of desease and illegal poachers (Who are the ones responsible for the elephant and rhino that appear from time to time minus their ivory/horns) and the meat from the likes of giraffe and elephant goes to the locals whose crops have probably been decimated by the animals in the first place. For big game, the person does not just get let lose to shoot whatever they fancy, the animal is selected by the parks rangers weeks in advance. Like it or not, the hunting of such animals gives them worth and that is why most of them are still with us today and not banished to the mists of time.

I don't personally agree with posing with the dead animal for photos, or at least sharing the photos.
    I totally understand you. There's a difference between culling, managing the countryside etc and bragging about shooting antelope from a helicopter with a machine gun (yup, we got that photo) however. I say f*** their worth the c**** but the management of national parks is of course important.

Africa is pretty big BTW. A balance can be struck... But giving gun blazing yahoos the satisfaction isn't the answer
  • Options
    Meeting someone in a pub and they've arrived first and already bought you a pint.
  • Options
    when the dickheads who buy a typical mid-life crisis car do dangerous overtaking/undertaking to save 5 seconds on their journey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ungrateful gits who moan when I arrive first and buy them a pint.

It was a lovely lager.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

brogib said:

McBobbin said:

I totally understand you. There's a difference between culling, managing the countryside etc and bragging about shooting antelope from a helicopter with a machine gun (yup, we got that photo) however. I say f*** their worth the c**** but the management of national parks is of course important.

Africa is pretty big BTW. A balance can be struck... But giving gun blazing yahoos the satisfaction isn't the answer
    Like I said mate, I don't get the yanks and their ethics when it comes to hunting in the first place, let alone taking and sharing photos like the ones above!

I also don't get people sharing the photos when they are so much against em, a discriptive rant woulda surficed
  • Options
    realising I've lost my cigarettes when I get off the train at Cannon St

going to buy more and realising that £35 has also gone from my pocket
  • Options

realising I've lost my cigarettes when I get off the train at Cannon St

going to buy more and realising that £35 has also gone from my pocket

Cut their hands off mate
  • Options
    Being sick while on holiday
  • Options
    People deciding it's a good idea to go jogging on crowded London streets!
  • Options
    When conditioner bottles outweigh shampoo bottles by 5:1 and you mistakenly rub the wrong stuff all over your head
  • Options
    People who post ultrasounds on Facebook. Staggering the amount of people who do it.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

People who post ultrasounds on Facebook. Staggering the amount of people who do it.

Why not? Easy way of letting at the less close friends and family know that you're not getting fat over the next few months, you're pregnant.