Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Diarra had the armband today and really led by example. A great player to have in the squad.
  • Diarra had the armband today and really led by example. A great player to have in the squad.

Defo. He is a top top player and leader
  • mrbligh said:

Diarra had the armband today and really led by example. A great player to have in the squad.

I think the best thing is that, every single player, wherever they are French or not, look up to him for what he's achieved in his career. It's good to have that sort of role model with this extremely young but talented team
  • mr.se7 said:

mrbligh said:

Diarra had the armband today and really led by example. A great player to have in the squad.

I think the best thing is that, every single player, wherever they are French or not, look up to him for what he's achieved in his career. It's good to have that sort of role model with this extremely young but talented team
    Great to see someone like that, still with the hunger and desire. I guess he wants to add a promotion to his list of achivements!
  • edited August 2015
    Legend to me. 100%.
    And I've been going since the days of Andy Peake in ill fitting shorts at Selhurst Park.

Yup, he knows this will be a special year
  • edited August 2015
    Valley11 said:

Legend to me. 100%.
    And I've been going since the days of Andy Peake in ill fitting shorts at Selhurst Park.

So have I, but would never use the words Legend and Peake in the same sentence, or paragraph, or book even...

• Oh Jeez, I didn't say Peake was a legend.
  • Oh come on Peakies Rocket was seen as often as Halley's Comet in those days
  • Sponsored links:

• An absolute true legend in my eyes. Almost of Mark Kinsella status.

But before we get carried away, sorry to say its only 49 goals

10/11 14 goals (13 league, 1 FA Cup)
    11/12 13 goals (12 league, 1 FA Cup)
    12/13 12 goals (12 league)
    13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Confusion over a goal scored at Luton in a cup replay where Jackson took a free kick but it deflected in off Racon and was credited to Racon.

So still needs one more for the big 50.
  • We are going to miss him so much when he retires.
  • Leuth said:

I do think he is a better player than Buyens, so out of the two I would much rather us keep him.

He may be worth keeping around in a non-playing capacity, but I strongly disagree with this statement
    What about now? ;)
  • An absolute true legend in my eyes. Almost of Mark Kinsella status.

13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Confusion over a goal scored at Luton in a cup replay where Jackson took a free kick but it deflected in off Racon and was credited to Racon.

Is that right, Forts? The Sheffield Wednesday programme had him on 48 and he's scored in the last two games.
  • The club certainly think it's 50
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

An absolute true legend in my eyes. Almost of Mark Kinsella status.

13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Is that right, Forts? The Sheffield Wednesday programme had him on 48 and he's scored in the last two games.
    He's has got 50 goals for Charlton
  • Well done JJ, 50 up now!
  • Jacko stands alone in his own Jackosphere of the great Jacko legend that he is.
    There is only one Jacko and I for one accept no imitations, love the player.

I have it on good authority that his birth certificate says 'Colin John Jackson' but he never liked his first name, and demanded to be called Johnnie as soon as he could talk.
  • Stig said:

Well done Captain Fantastic!

imageScreenshot 2015-11-21 17.16.15" />

Level with another great captain.
    He's in a good position to overtake Don Welsh. It's possibly that he could overtake Monty Wilkinson as well in that list, but that might be a challenge too far.
  • Stig said:

13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Absolutely. Check the records.

It's the goal at Luton in the FA Cup replay that causes all the problems.

And since the sad demise of Colin Cameron, I wouldn't believe any of the club's stats.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Well done Captain Fantastic!

imageScreenshot 2015-11-21 17.16.15" />

Level with another great captain.
    He's in a good position to overtake Don Welsh. It's possibly that he could overtake Monty Wilkinson as well in that list, but that might be a challenge too far.
    No Dennis Edwards? I'm sure he scored more than 50 goals. The late Johnny Summers too.

Maybe they both managed it in less than 200 games.

• Stig said:

13/14 5 goals (5 league)
    14/15 2 goals (2 league0
    15/16 3 goals (3 League)

Absolutely. Check the records.

It's the goal at Luton in the FA Cup replay that causes all the problems.

And since the sad demise of Colin Cameron, I wouldn't believe any of the club's stats.
    Just to chip in, @Fortune 82nd Minute is absolutely correct.

The club's stats regarding Jacko's overall goals are correct in the handbook up to the 2014/15 issue (p32), when he had 44 in total (although the same table incorrectly says he scored four the previous season, when in fact it was five).

Since the start of 14/15 he has scored five times: two last season (v Norwich and Bolton) and three this term (v Fulham, Sheff Wed and today v Brum). Taking him to 49.

Incidentally, did you know that when Jacko has scored (49 times), Charlton have lost on just three occasions (v Swindon in Jan 2011, v Sheff Wed in Jan 13, and v Leeds in Nov 13). Amazing given his impressive scoring record and and the poor runs we have been on at times in the last five years.
    Incredible stat.