Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2016 - ticket allocations/prices.

Whilst I appreciate that the figures below are a disgrace really and competing nations should get many more tickets, i think fans of some of the home nations travelling over can be relatively happy with some of these allocations, compared to previous tournaments. I know it will guarantee most Eng Fan members a ticket in certain grounds and the prices are very fair in my opinion.

Comments

• anyone know what channel the draw is on?
  • edited December 2015

anyone know what channel the draw is on?

Is going to be on BBC2 ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34496764

The draw for the 24-team Euro 2016 finals takes place in Paris on Saturday. There is live coverage on BBC Two from 17:15 GMT, BBC Radio 5 live from 17:20, and on the BBC Sport website.
  • brill cheers mate, put the draw details on euro 16 tickets thread.
  • Just seen online that England's ticket allocation for the Russia and Slovakia game are under subscribed. You can pay £75 to become a travel member then you have a decent chance of getting tickets apparently?

Is this case or are the FA trying to get a flurry of hopefuls to pay £75 without a real chance of getting tickets?
  • Note the application for members doesn't close till 18th Jan and a lot (like myself) have yet to apply.

I'd say Slovakia is unlikely but not impossible as we got a 6k allocation and it's arguably the least attractive group fixture.

Russia with an 11k allocation much more likely but over 1k new members have joined the club since the draw. If that continues too much the Russia game may not remain undersubscribed.

The FA are happy as they pocketed nearly £100k since the draw from people who may be expecting more than they will get.
  • Note the application for members doesn't close till 18th Jan and a lot (like myself) have yet to apply.

I'd say Slovakia is unlikely but not impossible as we got a 6k allocation and it's arguably the least attractive group fixture.

Russia with an 11k allocation much more likely but over 1k new members have joined the club since the draw. If that continues too much the Russia game may not remain undersubscribed.

The FA are happy as they pocketed nearly £100k since the draw from people who may be expecting more than they will get.

Thanks for this. Will wait until after the 18th then see.
  • No probs - note it would be too late by that point to join and apply though. You would also need to do both by then to be in with a chance.

Personally I think if you joined you'd get a Russia ticket but unlikely for any others.

You've got to decide is that worth £75. Note that both getting to that game and the accommodations situation there is far from cheap or easy.
  • The Organiser what are your thoughts on buying tickets from the internet like ticketbis as I was looking at the tickets on there yesterday for the group games.Just want to add that the price of the tickets don't bother me
  • Also a mate of mine tried to join as a member but he told me it said you couldn't apply for tickets without having two caps at least so not sure if it would help. He may have been wrong.

Organiser, I didn't get tickets for England games through the first portal of tickets but am an away club member with 12 caps. Reckon I got a good chance for Russia then?
  • I have tried to sign up to the England Travel supporters club today. It said on the FA site it was free to join. When I logged in using my FAN number it tried to charge me £75.

How much did it cost for other people to join?

I have bought tickets for 3 England home matches but don't have any caps. How do you earn them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tayls said:

I have tried to sign up to the England Travel supporters club today. It said on the FA site it was free to join. When I logged in using my FAN number it tried to charge me £75.

How much did it cost for other people to join?

I have bought tickets for 3 England home matches but don't have any caps. How do you earn them?

The free membership is little more than your name on the FA's database, allowing you to buy tickets in your name and have them posted to your address, receive marketing emails, etc.

To buy yourself an away ticket your need to upgrade to the travel club, which costs £75 and lasts for the entirety of this 2014-16 membership period.

If in doubt about getting your caps added phone or email the FA, they should be able to sort it out.

• Also a mate of mine tried to join as a member but he told me it said you couldn't apply for tickets without having two caps at least so not sure if it would help. He may have been wrong.

Organiser, I didn't get tickets for England games through the first portal of tickets but am an away club member with 12 caps. Reckon I got a good chance for Russia then?

You'll be guaranteed for Russia as long as you're sensible about the ticket price you apply for. Members with more caps than 12 will get their ticket preference before you. Apply for Cat 3 and willing to upgrade and you should be fine.

With zero caps you'd only get tickets for matches that aren't oversubscribed. So should be fine for the Russia game, if sensible about the price you're applying for.
  • It's free to join the home membership. £75 for the away (inc tournaments) club.

Caps only matter if you're in the away club and are accumulated then.

NA - The general rule is that you can only apply for tournament games if you've attained a certain criteria of caps. However this time if any game is undersubscribed (less people have applied than the allocation of tickets) then even low or no capers can apply (still must be in the away club). Seeing as membership is at a (relatively) all time low, it's likely that the Russia game, with a minimum 11k allocation will be undersubscribed and zero cappers could get tickets.

I think you'd stand a v. good chance for Russia mate. And it's worth applying for others as 30% of our allocation for each game is a ballot, so you never know.
  • If England win the group then they will be in a potential Lyon semi (don't laugh) and I have tickets and hotel booked for that.

Have applied for potential England 2nd round game in Paris today.

We'll probably finish second...
  • England have been allocated just 23,520 tickets for the opening three games - nearly 8,000 fewer than the number awarded to Iceland, which has a population of less than 325,000 people.

There will be a maximum of just 10 Icelandic people to every ticket - compared to 2,254 English per ticket.

thats a bit of a joke, but suppose nothing they can do.
  • I cant even fcking log into the uefa ticket site because I never received the fcking activation code from them in the first place and trying to get another fcking code is fcking impossible FFFFFFS
  • Shag said:

I cant even fcking log into the uefa ticket site because I never received the fcking activation code from them in the first place and trying to get another fcking code is fcking impossible FFFFFFS

Have you tried turning it off and then on again Sir?
  • England have been allocated just 23,520 tickets for the opening three games - nearly 8,000 fewer than the number awarded to Iceland, which has a population of less than 325,000 people.

There will be a maximum of just 10 Icelandic people to every ticket - compared to 2,254 English per ticket.

thats a bit of a joke, but suppose nothing they can do.

That's also massively misleading.
  • It's free to join the home membership. £75 for the away (inc tournaments) club.

Caps only matter if you're in the away club and are accumulated then.

NA - The general rule is that you can only apply for tournament games if you've attained a certain criteria of caps. However this time if any game is undersubscribed (less people have applied than the allocation of tickets) then even low or no capers can apply (still must be in the away club). Seeing as membership is at a (relatively) all time low, it's likely that the Russia game, with a minimum 11k allocation will be undersubscribed and zero cappers could get tickets.

I think you'd stand a v. good chance for Russia mate. And it's worth applying for others as 30% of our allocation for each game is a ballot, so you never know.

Nice one mate. I've applied for category 2 with the option to move, for all three group games and for the last 16. Would be buzzing just to get the Russia game. Hope all my England away days were worth it!....wouldn't regret any of them anyway, nothing beats England away.
  • not to sure if this is relevant thread but need to train it from Marseille to arras, any idea how easy/far in advance, it is to book french rail tickets have tried there website but really isn't that helpful didn't know if anyone had any experience of this cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Try trainline europe
  • not to sure if this is relevant thread but need to train it from Marseille to arras, any idea how easy/far in advance, it is to book french rail tickets have tried there website but really isn't that helpful didn't know if anyone had any experience of this cheers.

They have some advance euro 2016 specials on sale at the moment on SNCF website but the regular timetabled ones don't go on sale for maybe another couple of months. Worth to keep checking every so often just in case they put them up on the sly.
  • thanks guys.
  • Has anybody heard back re their application yet? A lot of people on Twitter seem to be finding out now but mainly Wales and Ireland fans.
  • A lot of people have had money taken from their credit cards but they seem to be those that applied for a particular nation's games.

The theory seems to be, if you applied for a nation's match through their portal with fan ID or with that country's passport then they are allocated first. If you applied for random matches to not follow a particular team these are then allocated what is left. I'd imagine we should all know pretty soon if we have been successful.
  • colthe3rd said:

A lot of people have had money taken from their credit cards but they seem to be those that applied for a particular nation's games.

The theory seems to be, if you applied for a nation's match through their portal with fan ID or with that country's passport then they are allocated first. If you applied for random matches to not follow a particular team these are then allocated what is left. I'd imagine we should all know pretty soon if we have been successful.

Yep, I applied through the FA but don't think I have seen any English fans have their money taken out yet. Plenty of happy Wales fans on Twitter though. Thinking tomorrow for England fans if not later this week. Fingers crossed.
  • Says on website that you'll find out by end of February. My application's still pending.
  • MrLargo said:

Says on website that you'll find out by end of February. My application's still pending.

Got an email last week saying I'll find out this week.
  • Mines still pending aswell