Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury away travel

edited June 2016 in Match Day Travel
Anyone know of any cheap train tickets to get up to bury for first game of the season had a quick look and cheapest I can find is about £80 return from London.

Comments

• I have it for 42 quid return at moment.

Elfs/Clive any tips?
  • Yer sorry I put in the wrong date I'm the same £42
  • edited June 2016
    Yeah Euston to Manchester Piccadilly 42 return on trainline, it's then a half hour train from there to Bury
  • I did Bury away last time - we won 2-1 with goals from Hayes and Jackson if I remember correctly. The ground is OK, but really is just amongst a load of residential houses. Proper lower league style ground.
  • gutted, didn't realize the season started so early and away that weekend :-(
  • I'm delighted - I only miss Bolton at home whilst on my hols!

I'm told £42 return for the train to Bury...all over that if I can get away from my stag weekend in Bournemouth the night before
  • This game will certainly be high on the Sky TV 'Big Game' list so be carefull when booking the trains :-)
  • Can do it for £35 by doing as below.

7.54am - Euston - Bham - £6 single
    11.01am - Bham - Manc - £9.50 single

18.05 - Manc - Bham - £13.50 single
    19.54 - Bham - Euston - £6 single

Not sure i could be arsed to do it this way for saving £7 quid though.
  • bc_addick said:

This game will certainly be high on the Sky TV 'Big Game' list so be carefull when booking the trains :-)

were not Leeds united :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    Gumbo said:

bc_addick said:

This game will certainly be high on the Sky TV 'Big Game' list so be carefull when booking the trains :-)

Their first game of the season has already been scheduled for Television Coverage

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-english-football-on-tv.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Gumbo said:

bc_addick said:

Are we the Leeds United of L1 though?

Or will that be Bolton...
  • Was £42 on the train line but if you are booking three or more tickets via the virgin trains website I took an extra 20% off.

£16.80 each way
  • edited June 2016
    Not been so looking forward to this, how long does the tram take from bury back to Manchester? Just so I book a train back with enough time??

You know you're Charlton if you can answer..
  • Not been so looking forward to this, how long does the tram take from bury back to Manchester? Just so I book a train back with enough time??

It's the other side of Liverpool isn't it? Thought that's what the song was all about

'So Bury, cross the Mersey'

• Not been so looking forward to this, how long does the tram take from bury back to Manchester? Just so I book a train back with enough time??

It's the other side of Liverpool isn't it? Thought that's what the song was all about

This

about 21 mins

about 21 mins
    Plus about 20 minutes walk back to the tram if I remember right
  • I have it for 42 quid return at moment.

Elfs/Clive any tips?

Book it now mate!
  • Tram is 33 minutes and it is £5 for a travelcard. According to the Bury website its a 15 minute walk from the Tram stop to the ground too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guys does kids travel free (son is 4)?
  • jamescafc said:

Guys does kids travel free (son is 4)?

Virgin trains say it's free for under 5's but I've paid for my son so he gets his own seat. It was only £16 for him so definitely the best way to go

• Just looked on train line. Cheapest return is £88.50 :-1:
  • Think I'll just coach it on this occasion

You can get a tram from Piccadilly to Bury.

Ideally you need to get to Manchester no later than 13.30 and get a train from Manchester anytime after 18.30
  • jamescafc said:

Just looked on train line. Cheapest return is £88.50 :-1:

£42 return
  • Loads of trains going up and back at £21 single before railcard discounts.
  • jamescafc said:

Just looked on train line. Cheapest return is £88.50 :-1:

Go direct on Virgin Trains. It's £21 each way

https://buytickets.virgintrains.co.uk/buytickets/categorymatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

• I went there for our cup game back in the Upton Park days. Ain't going again.
  • Off_it said:

I went there for our cup game back in the Upton Park days. Ain't going again.

Me too,awful game and the 2nd leg at Upton Park wasn't much better,do you remember the Bury shirts that night.

whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bury1.jpg