Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

edited September 2016 in General Charlton
When is he back from injury?

Comments

• Believe it was meant to be in 4 months around June. Still i think we could easily not see him in 2016
  • I have my doubts as to whether he will ever play in our first team again
  • Undisclosed.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-alou-diarra-departure-3285651.aspx

NEWS | Alou Diarra leaves Charlton by mutual consent
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-alou-diarra-departure-3285651.aspx#hWGfxl4SiVXz1C63.99

The midfielder leaves the club to be closer to his family in France
    Olly Groome reports

Charlton Athletic can confirm that they have agreed to cancel the contract of Alou Diarra at the player's request.

The club came to a mutual agreement with the midfielder, who wishes to return to France to be closer to his family.

World Cup finalist Diarra arrived at The Valley in February 2015 and went on to make 45 appearances for the Addicks, with his vast experience providing a huge asset for the club both on the pitch and behind the scenes at Sparrows Lane.

The 35-year-old suffered a fractured foot during the Boxing Day trip to Bristol City in December, and despite making a return to action in February, has continued to suffer complications into the new season which have kept him out of action.

Speaking to cafc.co.uk, Diarra said: "I would like to say thank you to the fans and to the club for giving me a chance to play in England. I'm very proud of the experience I have had here and I will never forget my time at Charlton.

"I have met some fantastic people here and I hope that the future for the club will be great because Charlton is now my family and the fans deserve for this club to get back to where it belongs.

"Last season was very difficult, but I gave everything for the shirt and always tried to do my best. It is now the right time to leave for me and my family to go home to France.

"Charlton will stay in my heart for the rest of my life and I know that I will be back to watch some games in the future."

The club would like to extend its thanks to Alou for his contributions to the club and wish him all the best for the future.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-alou-diarra-departure-3285651.aspx#hWGfxl4SiVXz1C63.99
  • Lol this f**king club...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we not be allowed to rejoice in a little bit of good news for just one day!
  • Nooooooooooooooooo

That's a big loss
  • edited September 2016
    To be fair if he's unlikely to feature much it makes sense. Not that I like to use the word sense when this lot are involved.
  • Bollocks
  • Sponsored links:

• What a shame.

Understand why he'd want to move back to France and he's at the end of his career but would have liked to have seen him play for us again.

Good luck Alou, class player. We'll always have that goal to remember you by.

Can understand why absolutely no one would want to play for us if they had the choice... Not sure he'd be so keen to move back to France if the club wasn't a total circus...
  • I have my doubts as to whether he will ever play in our first team again

Mystic Meg over here