Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10746821/bolton-1-2-charlton

What the hell was Byrne's celebration??? - Needs to be sent back to Wigan for that alone!!! ;)

if he carrys on scoring i will join in
  • Options
    I'm extra glad we won today.. Watching the highlights again on 5 I originally didnt notice the imaginary card that Zach Clough was holding up and demanding!!

No bloody need for that trying to get your fellow professionals booked / sent off, leave that to the fans if anyone to try and influence the ref who knows what he's doing without your help!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Another draw today, we then kick on again in February
    I see why the 2 lols from the match thread, I should of predicted the win and continue the kick on in February
  • Options

Best thing about the Forster Caskey run is the ref trying to keep up with him.

he was well behind the game of several occasions and generally made the wrong decision for both teams.
    Terrible set of officials again today.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Another draw today

We won.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Our best 3 points this season. We seem to do well against the better sides this season which is really confusing considering some of the dismal performances we've turned out against sides in the bottom half.

You say that, but that's our first win against a top 7 team this season.
    Scunthorpe 3-1 although in the Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Laddick01 said:

Our best 3 points this season. We seem to do well against the better sides this season which is really confusing considering some of the dismal performances we've turned out against sides in the bottom half.

Quite, but as you say that was in the cup. My original point was that we haven't done better against the top teams. Ok we've drawn a fair few, but today was our first league win against any of the current top 7.
    I accept that we beat a shockingly poor Port Vale 2-0 when they were 6th, but it's no surprise to me that they are now 18th.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Laddick01 said:

Quite, but as you say that was in the cup. My original point was that we haven't done better against the top teams. Ok we've drawn a fair few, but today was our first league win against any of the current top 7.
    I accept that we beat a shockingly poor Port Vale 2-0 when they were 6th, but it's no surprise to me that they are now 18th.
    I'm not really too concerned about what we've done earlier in the season under Slade. Generally under Robinson things are looking up, Roland's miserliness notwithstanding.
  • Options

I've said all along that the playoffs were a realistic target, and this result highlights it. Getting this sort of narrow win is what we've been bad at this season, with too many draws. A few more such victories and we'll be right up there

Bauer does seem to have a weakness in judging high punts up the pitch, against Millwall we also got caught out in a similar way. Something to practice on the training ground...

On your second point, Robinson has got the defense playing a higher line. A risk of that is the ball over the top. Not sure Bauer/Tex/Pearce have the pace to deal with it. Konsa does but can't see him playing CB much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How did Chicksen and KFC combine? Could be the start of something...

Finger licking good.
  • Options

In KFC we've found a real nugget
  • Options
    That was lovely stuff from the posh Boltonian lad (private school does that to any accent, honest guv)
  • Options
    Excellent blog post! Might subscribe.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Really enjoyed that Bolton fan's video blog.
  • Options

Result that's lifted the fans and will give the players some belief. We've been pretty shitty at times this season and slowly, slowly Robinson looks to be turning it around. Let's get our best 11 fit and firing and see where it leads. I suspect we just have too much to do but you never can tell.

Winning still gives me a warm glow.

I believe that there are exercises that can help with that, otherwise, I can only suggest reducing fluid intake....
  • Options
    You have to say, looking at the results since Southend, that KR is starting to look good.
    He's got his players and got them player the system he wants.
    Play off push....just maybe.