Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• When it gets to 9 pm anywhere in the world and you want to go to bed (for sleep), I'm currently in Beijing, its 9 pm and I'm knackered......oh and Ive been wearing slippers all day even when going round shopping mall with such stores as Lois Verton(? sp), Banbury etc.

Red, I think that's more to do with the pollution. I was knackered the 3 days I was there 2 weeks ago. I had no energy at all.

• Changing your 911 for a Panamera as the ride is a bit softer - 1st world problems!
  • When it gets to 9 pm anywhere in the world and you want to go to bed (for sleep), I'm currently in Beijing, its 9 pm and I'm knackered......oh and Ive been wearing slippers all day even when going round shopping mall with such stores as Lois Verton(? sp), Banbury etc.

Red, I think that's more to do with the pollution. I was knackered the 3 days I was there 2 weeks ago. I had no energy at all.

That and the fact @Redmidland will be 133 next birthday. ;)
  • Wierdly, I think it hit me when I was in casualty at Queen Marys for some running repairs...the triage nurse took my details and rung them through, when I heard her say "male, 56 years" I nearly said "bloody hell love, keep it down!". Better than the alternative I suppose.
  • Welly said:

When you remember Dick Barton special agent, now that is old.

No it isn't :wink:
  • Changing your 911 for a Panamera as the ride is a bit softer - 1st world problems!

Haven't got a clue what that means. Thanks for making me feel young again!
  • You can choose about 8 different Glastonbury sets to watch on BBC channels and the red button, and you choose.....

The Jacksons :-)
  • Having slipped away from a neighbours party, I've found myself feet up with decent bottle of red , watching a pink Floyd dvd , musical choice optional.
  • When packing for a holiday pills & medication take up half the room in the suitcase.
  • Sponsored links:

• All those around you can figure out the bastard that is Kodi, but you just don't seem to be able to get it!?

I'm sure it's very simple, but it doesn't seem it and I work in app and web user interface improvements!
  • Dazzler21 said:

All those around you can figure out the bastard that is Kodi, but you just don't seem to be able to get it!?

I'm sure it's very simple, but it doesn't seem it and I work in app and web user interface improvements!

I am with you Dazz, my son has it and he often shows me a demonstration when I visit, however 10 minutes into the demo he is still booting things up and searching for an outlet/app that is showing what he wants to demo.

Free view for me and downloads from Pirate Bay for everything that is on Sky.

• The thought of going into a crunching tackle makes me feel queasy

(And I wasn't one to shirk a tackle in my day)
  • Your offended by someone giving a gobby mug a good hiding especially when he tried to bottle him just because it ain't cricket old bean
  • edited September 2017
    Wondering if I will eve r have a hardish shit again or am I destined for 5 sloppy guiseppies Aday

Realising I probably have less than ten world cups left to watch

And then realising you only start off with twenty world cups if your lucky anyway
  • McBobbin said:

Your offended by someone giving a gobby mug a good hiding especially when he tried to bottle him just because it ain't cricket old bean

When you turn up your hearing aid to try to understand a written message
    Pardon.
  • Wondering if I will eve r have a hardish shit again or am I destined for 5 sloppy guiseppies Aday

And then realising you only start off with twenty world cups if your lucky anyway

On the up side, you’re doing well to get 5 in.

As for the World Cups, you know that it will be 1/4 final at best for England in that time.
  • edited September 2017
    When your son's hair starts turning grey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wondering if I will eve r have a hardish shit again or am I destined for 5 sloppy guiseppies Aday

I will be happy if I see 3
  • ross1 said:

Wondering if I will eve r have a hardish shit again or am I destined for 5 sloppy guiseppies Aday

I will be happy if I see 3
    I'm hoping for 5 but expect only 4, or 3.
  • You feel uneasy because the Newsnight anchor is wearing a t-shirt with 'Oh!' On it.
  • When you know it's 'bed time ' but Top of the Pops is on 1984...
  • When you know it's 'bed time ' but Top of the Pops is on 1984...

and you can sing along.
  • Did this one a while back but think it’s worth another airing.

“You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”
  • Walking past a karaoke bar and your first thought is, 'I bet their neighbours love that'.
  • The countdown to Christmas began AFTER firework night.
  • The countdown to Christmas began AFTER firework night.

Actually, it wasn’t until the beginning of December......down my way.
  • edited October 2017

The countdown to Christmas began AFTER firework night.

The only way to countdown to xmas is an advent calendar.