Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• iainment said:

ross1 said:

Wondering if I will eve r have a hardish shit again or am I destined for 5 sloppy guiseppies Aday

Realising I probably have less than ten world cups left to watch

And then realising you only start off with twenty world cups if your lucky anyway

I will be happy if I see 3
    I'm hoping for 5 but expect only 4, or 3.
    Anticipating being unable to pay the increasing TV License fee?
  • When, you try on some clothes, ask your daughter 'what do you think, fashionable ? ', and she replies ' yes, old fashionable !.
  • Being unable to retain the information from complex weather forecasts.

By the time the forecaster has dispensed with the world map, talked about systems, put up isobars and mentioned thee North, my attention has vanished. I often then have to click on the BBC weather link which is programmed with my postcode.

Thankfully my brain can still process those symbols i.e. Sun, Rain, Cloud (black or white ) including the more complex white cloud with sun peeping out or black cloud with rain. I note that the hour by hour forecast even includes a little moon to tell you its dark outside. :neutral:
  • You spend a long time staring at a urinal.
  • When the Kids say they can't find their Tablet and I start searching for a packet of Anadin for them.
  • You spend a long time staring at a urinal doing other things rather than peeing.

• You can remember listening on the wireless to Typhoon Tyson (ably assisted by Brian Statham) deal to the Aussies in Australia. Then Fred Trueman terrorising the Indians who backed away to square leg to get out of the way.

Those were the days.
  • edited December 2017

You can remember listening on the wireless to Typhoon Tyson (ably assisted by Brian Statham) deal to the Aussies in Australia. Then Fred Trueman terrorising the Indians who backed away to square leg to get out of the way.

Those were the days.

Seeing Freddie Trueman getting his 300th wicket against the South Africans at the Oval, saving up beer bottles and returning the empties to the off license up the road, finding out we were short and nipping over his wall, to return the same bottles about 6 times over, to pay on the gate and to get the train up there. Sitting on grass by the rope eating warm sandwiches. Those were the days
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
  • When you know you're getting old
  • Speaking to someone who had never of Laurel & Hardy
  • You spend a long time starting at a urinal.

• edited December 2017

You can remember listening on the wireless to Typhoon Tyson (ably assisted by Brian Statham) deal to the Aussies in Australia. Then Fred Trueman terrorising the Indians who backed away to square leg to get out of the way.

Those were the days.

Seeing Freddie Trueman getting his 300th wicket against the South Africans at the Oval, saving up beer bottles and returning the empties to the off license up the road, finding out we were short and nipping over his wall, to return the same bottles about 6 times over, to pay on the gate and to get the train up there. Sitting on grass by the rope eating warm sandwiches. Those were the days
    Going to a test match and forgetting England's opponents. :wink:

Fred took his 300th wicket against Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_zvf1Bcw6U
  • When you don’t get Grime. Even a little bit.

When you don’t get Grime. Even a little bit.

To be fair, that could easily go on the "you know you're not a complete bell end" thread

Who??
  • When you fill in the back of a prescription form, and realise you now get it for free !

Don't forget your 60+ plus Oystercard!
    Brilliant and just £20 for free travel all over the London TFL zones.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

When you don’t get Grime. Even a little bit.

Flash bastard. (Geddit?)
  • When the NHS 'shitkit' arrives in the post.

Flash bastard. (Geddit?)
    When you don't geddit.
  • When you're in the grocery store and you buy more of what you already have.
  • (Lets hope it hasn't been mentioned before. I want it to be mine only...)
    When a hard on doesn't last long enough to get into position.
  • When the NHS 'shitkit' arrives in the post.

Could have done with one of those last week and Im 34...
  • You have after dribblage after you pee.

@Indianaaddick could be prostate cancer, get yourself checked out.
  • Being unable to retain the information from complex weather forecasts.

By the time the forecaster has dispensed with the world map, talked about systems, put up isobars and mentioned thee North, my attention has vanished. I often then have to click on the BBC weather link which is programmed with my postcode.

Thankfully my brain can still process those symbols i.e. Sun, Rain, Cloud (black or white ) including the more complex white cloud with sun peeping out or black cloud with rain. I note that the hour by hour forecast even includes a little moon to tell you its dark outside. :neutral:

#metoo